Thread: Torchlight 2 finally gets its release date of September 20 [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Torchlight 2 finally gets its release date of September 20 [Joystiq]

Torchlight II is coming to PCs on September 20, developer Runic Games announced. Runic president and Torchlight II designer Travis Baldree revealed the date on the game's official forum.

Torchlight II was originally intended to beat rival Diablo III to the punch by releasing last year, but after multiple delays it's now set to arrive in three weeks time. The action-RPG, which features the additions of online and local co-op, and four new character classes, is currently priced on Steam at $20. There remains no word beyond hope of a console release.Torchlight 2 finally gets its release date of September 20 originally appeared on Joystiq on Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

This game is fantastic. It is everything that Diablo III should have been. I have been loving it.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    This game is fantastic. It is everything that Diablo III should have been. I have been loving it.
    For me, the hard part was deciding whether to play Torchlight 2 first, or play Borderlands 2 (which I also picked up this week).

After trying both, all I can say is, 'sorry, Borderlands 2. I'll play you later'. Torchlight 2 is a very well crafted game, and Runic Games has managed to perfect the progression of loot discovery and advancement that Diablo II did so well. Diablo III wasn't an awful game (I put over 50 hours into it and made it well into Inferno), but Torchlight 2 really is the spiritual successor, at least in terms of gameplay, to the older Diablo games. Plus, it's $20, which makes the game a no-brainer, pricewise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel View Post
    For me, the hard part was deciding whether to play Torchlight 2 first, or play Borderlands 2 (which I also picked up this week).

After trying both, all I can say is, 'sorry, Borderlands 2. I'll play you later'. Torchlight 2 is a very well crafted game, and Runic Games has managed to perfect the progression of loot discovery and advancement that Diablo II did so well. Diablo III wasn't an awful game (I put over 50 hours into it and made it well into Inferno), but Torchlight 2 really is the spiritual successor, at least in terms of gameplay, to the older Diablo games. Plus, it's $20, which makes the game a no-brainer, pricewise.
    I too, put a ton of time into Diablo 2(lvl 60 barb, Act II Inferno). I am having so much fun with Torchlight II. I totally agree with what you have said about the game. My vote for GOTY.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist