I can't believe the news today. Can't close my eyes, can't make it go away...

The exchange rate works out to $446, approximately double the price of buying these games individually today. The bonuses are a two-disc music collection, a video retrospective (wasn't this on the FF7AC DVD?), a short art book, and an in-game item for the relaunch of FFXIV. There's no developer commentary, making-of documentaries, spin-offs, multiple platform versions, or any real "bonus content" in there. It's missing things like X-2 and XIII-2, and the choice of platforms is questionable. I-IV should be on PSP, if they're choosing the PSP port of III. I wasn't aware that FFXI on PS2 was still even supported, and I thought the new expansion was going to be PC/360 only. It doesn't include FFXIV. There are so many strange things about this set...

I wouldn't complain if this were a $150 product, but I think they really missed the mark with this one. Anyone willing to spend that much on this probably already owns these games twice over already. I really want to be happy that there's finally a Final Fantasy box set, but this isn't what I was expecting. I love the consistent Amano art, but that's about the only thing I like about it. At the end of the day, it's yet another attempt by Squenix to double dip the fans.