Thread: Third best RPG ever is going to be PS360 2013

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Third best RPG ever is going to be PS360 2013

Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy 13. It's going to suck ass.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Did they not get the overwhelming message that the first two games weren't that great? I'm guessing it did really well in Japan, because it sure didn't do too well critically anywhere else.

Both games were so slowly paced and boring, I played fifteen hours until I realized I hadn't really advanced the story that much at all.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought this was a joke thread until I Googled the title. *groan*

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Ffxiii actually reviewed very well with game informer. I think they gave it a 9. It probably sold pretty well amongst the mainstream crowd, which is why squeenix continues to barrage us with this crap. This guy at my work who has pretty banal taste in games loved it. I think he 100%ed it. That's a lot of walking in straight lines and spectating battles. And angular haircuts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Funny, I could've sworn S-E had already announced an action-RPG set in the FF13 universe that was called Final Fantasy Versus XIII...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    Funny, I could've sworn S-E had already announced an action-RPG set in the FF13 universe that was called Final Fantasy Versus XIII...
    Surprisingly, they have been working and investing in FFXIII, FFXIII-2, and now, Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy 13 but still can't get Final Fantasy Versus XIII released is beyond me >_<

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII is like a really elaborate meal that SE made several nights ago. It sounded really good, when they told us about it but didn't actually taste that great. The next night, we had to eat the leftovers because they made too much. Tonight, it hasn't spoiled yet but we still have to eat it again because we're not wasting food. Meanwhile, we all groan "they're serving that again?"

They invested too many years in XIII, and now we're dealing with the fact that they need a return on that investment. Personally, I think it's time for them to go back to shorter production cycles. I read somewhere that the team for FFVII was only given about a year from start to finish after the preplanning phases. FFXIII was in production for something like five.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't agree with the overblown hate FFXIII gets, It didn't kill the franchise and it has some really good things about it, I will play this as well and I am sure it will be pretty good.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't get the FF13 hate but whatever. The only failing of that game to me was the jarring progression crawling switch from linear to open on the planet well late into the game. You're so under level you have to meander around killing the same few creatures or taking those little mini quests which you just have to randomly run into on accident and hope they're active to scrape up enough levels to move on with the game. Up to that point the linearity while unique to the series was truly fantastic as it allowed them to craft an amazing story with fine writing and great attention to detail given to the people and world that made you kind of really care to find out what the hell was really going on. Sure it sucked not being more open from the start and the odd omission of actual towns, but the play worked great and the unique battle system was fun to play around in.

I do have FF13-2, bought it a few months bcak for $15 at the flea while it's still a $40-50 used game so I couldn't pass it up, but having a baby around I can't get started on it yet. I do understand it has all the good elements of the original, but they made it open world and put the towns back in which people griped about too. I'm thinking it's not so much FF13 is a bad game, people went in with fanboy goggles on or had other false expectations and let that ruin their experience instead of just enjoying what was in front of them. I for one hadn't touched FF since 10 because 11 was crap and 12 I had no system for, 8 was a dog and 9 was the snes era on crack and the last one I enjoyed. Maybe it's my lack of modern frame of reference but I liked the game.