Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    I wonder why pirates sometimes put an RP rating on their boxes and cartridges. Are they even trying to fool anyone?
    For whatever reason many GBA and DS pirates try to look almost US. Rather than 100% copying, or trying to capture the look of other region versions. As if they purposefully want differences a smart user will spot.
    Lum fan.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

PHOTOBUCKET =Status 503 Service Unavailable
    OH HOW I HATE YOU PHOTOBUCKET

Saturday:
    Nothing,no flea market for me..
    A friend went he picked up used Blue Rays but he doesn’t look for the things I look for.
    Another friend went Garage Sale picking instead and picked up a lot of games..

Sunday:
    Local Small Flea Market:
    I could not go to noon,but my friend went early,he has the list on what to look for ...He found nothing..(he spends to much time eating and BSing but wants to make money searching fleas..
    My Specific item I told him in test to look for was a FAT PS2 as I need one for testing games(not using my white PS2)

I go later,meet up with him and we start looking..He says why bother=”because my eyes see things your eyes don’t..
    First table,Sealed PS2 Games..Next Table NES,SNES Games,Third Table 360 Games..

I picked up:
    Three Games for $20.00

The GodFather II 360
    Homefront 360
    Heroes Over Europe (Xbox 360, 2009)

As the Clouds came in people started to pack...I wanted to pick up a Michael Myers Mask that was mixed in with random clothes but as I walked by the people selling it threw it in a bag to leave so...I didn’t bother..
    I show my friend,look a..Michael Myers Mask...What,Where...Dude Your Making a Halloween Film Right now how could you miss that mask..UGH..
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/436923006352446/

Next Vendor is end of day> Fill Your Box For $5.00

I start looking through the bins.you never know what you may find at the bottom..
    Just pulling out random nonsense..small toys go into a big gumball machine in my hall..other stuff for my kids,relatives and for ebay..If I sell one thing on ebay for $5.00 everything else becomes free.
    The Mickey Mouse stuff is old-it’s for ebay..

HERE COMES THE RAIN..
    It hit so fast and hard,vendors were going nuts trying to cover stuff up,I’m trying to help pull tarps over stuff..
    I start hauling..azz back to the van....Hits the Brakes in my Feet as I spot a PS2 as the vendor picks it up and places it in their vehicle......Rain Pouring,how much for the Ps2...$45.00 OUCH!!..Oh I know this PS2,it’s been following these vendors all over the place..I start to walk away,well run..,lady vendor yells $35.00 in Wet Desperation .....Her husband says $25.00...I stop turn back and say $20.00...DING SALE,bag it up..
    It’s nice,came with cords,and a computer wire..

WHOA that’s the first Discolored Grey N64 Controller I’ve ever seen,even the end is discolored..

I leave go meet up with a friend:
    Picked up POLISHED & Repolished games to test..

MY PICTURES STINK..PHOTOBUCKET =
    Status 503 Service Unavailable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Ok,of course the PS2 I bought doesn’t work ..But wait..
    It’s not a US..system

SCPH 30000
    It’s a Japanese System..
    NTSC J

I never had one of these..
    When I Put in a US game it says..

Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 FORMAT Disc

I thought it was broken..I almost listed it on ebay as broken..

SO I guess I need a Japanese Playstation 2 game to Test/Use this system?

Anything Special About it.?.worth anymore then a US system?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    It’s not a US..system

SCPH 30000
    It’s a Japanese System..
    NTSC J

If you can confirm it works i've been looking for a cheap import ps2 system to play a few games i've picked up recently, if you have any import ps1 games thats a good way to test it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Try loading a cheapy region 0 DVD on it too. It should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

It’s not a US..system

SCPH 30000
    It’s a Japanese System..
    NTSC J

GIGANTIC game library. PS2 was heavily supported in Japan. Some 3000 games give or take, not even counting PS1 mode.

They're worth more for being so awesome to the right person. I'd try it out first!
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thank you...

What Stopped me from selling it on EBay was EBay does not have Model 30000 in their catalog and warned me that I have to add it to their catalog..
    Seems now you have to send them and email through the link with info before listing..When I went to get the UPC on the unitI noticed the Japanese Seal and NTSC J

I left and went to a street fair..garage sales galore..
    http://photobucket.com/STREETF
    At the Garage Sale Spotted Lots of Games..but people think they can UP the price on junk and it’ll sell..
    I did spot a big bin of atari 2600 games,After reading about Swordquest Waterworld I dug in..I found Swordquest Fireworld ..passed

Picked this up: $25.00 (new inside)

Had this as a kid and was telling my Son about this same set two weeks ago..

Came home remembered that I had a bunch of Japanese PS2 games hidden behind my PS2 Game Collection..

I may lot these up with the PS2

Wound up finding all these sealed PS2 games back there as well

(Photobucket Customer Support Home)

Sep 03 11:55 am (MDT)

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. It shouldn't be too long. Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Special? Well it's from Japan so of course it's special. They are definitely worth more than US systems. A US fatty can get you upwards of $40 but a Japanese fatty can get you $100+. As usual you did well

EDIT: Just saw that PS2 stack of import titles. If you sell those games in a lot with the import system you could easily get $200-$400. Ca-ching!!!
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 09-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Special? Well it's from Japan so of course it's special. They are definitely worth more than US systems. A US fatty can get you upwards of $40 but a Japanese fatty can get you $100+. As usual you did well

EDIT: Just saw that PS2 stack of import titles. If you sell those games in a lot with the import syetem you could easily get $200-$400. Ca-ching!!!
    Thank you..Thank you so so much..
    I owe it to the bad weather on Sunday : )

I never look at the backs of PS2s I see at Flea Markets,If it's 45-$50 I step away Fast...I'm going to start looking at them better now.

Go Figure this PS2 has traveled with these vendors to different flea markets for weeks..

Tomorrow I'm going to test it out..

.................................................. .................
    Yea : ).I was using the word special as someone told me there was nothing special about my white PS2..the word kinda stuck now. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah you always want to look at the back of PS2's(or any system for that matter). They are worth much more than our US systems. In the past 2 years I have probably looked at the back of over 100 PS2 fatties at various Goodwill's, thrift stores and flea markets and still haven't found a Japanese one. Luckily I got a cheap slim on ebay but I still look for Japanese fatties. They are like buried treasures when you can find them.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Yeah you always want to look at the back of PS2's(or any system for that matter). They are worth much more than our US systems. In the past 2 years I have probably looked at the back of over 100 PS2 fatties at various Goodwill's, thrift stores and flea markets and still haven't found a Japanese one. Luckily I got a cheap slim on ebay but I still look for Japanese fatties. They are like buried treasures when you can find them.
    Great Info to Know,thanks so much..

Wondering about Xbox Systems..do they make them in Japanese,I see pal versions on ebay..
    Xboxes I find a lot of: but I only look at them to see if I notice anything different(if black-dark green) like Debug Kit etc..when I found my green xbox Debug Kit system it was upside down under a stack of black xboxes..I collect the Halo Green Xboxes and thought it was one of them ..
    $10.00 I bought it and paid no mind until I read the face later at home..next week I went back and that stack of xbox systems was gone..

I took more pictures of the imports and sealed games
    http://photobucket.com/Ps2SEALIMPORT

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never look at the backs of PS2s I see at Flea Markets,If it's 45-$50 I step away Fast...I'm going to start looking at them better now.

Go Figure this PS2 has traveled with these vendors to different flea markets for weeks..

Yea : ).I was using the word special as someone told me there was nothing special about my white PS2..the word kinda stuck now. lol
    I ALWAYS do with PS1 and 2 systems, you never know when you'll find a special one. I have found 2 pal PS1s, 2 NTSC-J PS1s, 2 NTSC-J PS2s, and 2 Debug PS2s in the past year.
    Edit: I also do it to Gamecubes and Dreamcasts, never know when a broad band adapter might turn an overpriced piece of crap into your the best find all year, or in my case finding a pre-release demo unit.

Great Info to Know,thanks so much..

Wondering about Xbox Systems..do they make them in Japanese,I see pal versions on ebay..
    Xboxes I find a lot of: but I only look at them to see if I notice anything different(if black-dark green) like Debug Kit etc..when I found my green xbox Debug Kit system it was upside down under a stack of black xboxes..I collect the Halo Green Xboxes and thought it was one of them ..
    $10.00 I bought it and paid no mind until I read the face later at home..next week I went back and that stack of xbox systems was gone..

I took more pictures of the imports and sealed games
    http://photobucket.com/Ps2SEALIMPORT
    Yes, there were JP XBOXes, they are rather rare as are the games. The system was rejected there. The XBOX actually has one of the highest percentages of release cancellations of any game system ever, mostly due to the abrupt death of the system pushing releases over to the PS2 and the unexpected outright rejection in the Japanese market. It actually had a strong planned lineup, too bad most of it was forgotten as most of them were rather interesting and never got ported.
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 09-03-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Great Info...So interesting to read,thanks so much ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a few things this weekend.

Went to a DAV and bought some Playstation games for 75¢ each:
    SimTheme Park
    Digimon World 2
    007: The World is not Enough
    Smurf Racer

I bought two Vtec systems that came with some Leap Frog cartridges (thrift store bundling is weird sometimes) several months ago as a curiosity on the quality and gameplay from these systems. I was disappointed and although they appear to have decent hardware powering the machines the games are just terrible and could definitely be improved. Perhaps there are a few well done games out there? I hauled the systems to my gaming event back in March and nobody wanted to set them up and showed no interest. I decided to finally trade them in and the credit came short $1 of what I paid and managed to grab:
    Stargate (Genesis) CIB - $1 of trade-in
    Serial Experiments Lain (complete box set) - $13 of tade-in

I was surprised about the Lain find. It was in great condition, likely sat safely on a shelf for a number of years. The wife has been seeking the full set so it's great to have all 4 volumes together, now time to sell/trade the ones we already had.

Off at another game store I traded in a few cheap duplicate games and got:
    Wiz 'n' Liz (Genesis) CIB
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$5.99 each at Goodwill. All the boxed games are complete with styrofoam except for Dr. Mario, which is missing the manual. Someone used the front of the 8 Eyes box as a coloring book, the Rygar box is rough around the edges but the Boulder Dash box is in pretty good shape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

What I'd consider is put the money toward a region mod US PS2. I myself own one, letting it direct boot US/JP/EU PS1 or PS2 from the disc tray.
    Lum fan.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Derp! That was me. I feel dumb about that, but at the time I was thinking 'nothing special' in that it isn't a developer system or prototype or the like. So, no extra capabilities.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 09-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post

$5.99 each at Goodwill. All the boxed games are complete with styrofoam except for Dr. Mario, which is missing the manual. Someone used the front of the 8 Eyes box as a coloring book, the Rygar box is rough around the edges but the Boulder Dash box is in pretty good shape.
    Goodwill in Gardena?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The freeway/Hustler Casino-adjacent one, yes.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post
    The freeway/Hustler Casino-adjacent one, yes.
    Were you able to get the packing tape off those boxes without damage? I was going to pick those up but passed because of all the packing tape on them.