Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    Curious as to what you bundle to make it worth $80. I usually sell a model 2 with a couple commons for $50 shipped.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/330761486828

I probably should have worded what I said a little better, it's been a few months since I sold one of these. That one was bought within two days and it wasn't in the best cosmetic condition. The market has really increased on Genesis/CD/32X in the past year or so and for whatever reason, the eBay crowd is willing to pay a small premium.

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    Somebody must of hid lufia is that box so they could come back for it later. I used to do that and score a lot of things like that.
    Sweet score
    Someone's going to be pissed off when they go back. Should teach them not to do that: thrift store 101 is if you want it, you better buy it immediately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Got one more big item this weekend that I will save for when I take a picture. It's worth it....
    Sorry for the delay, but here it is:

1999 Pepsi Promo - Watto from Episode I! A close friend of mine who lives about 10 houses up the street from me had an estate sale because they are moving. I didn't even know that they owned this! Never saw it anywhere in their house but when I saw it on the sale day I knew he had to be mine. He isn't perfect, but at only $100 I couldn't pass him up! I've seen these at conventions sell for up to $1000, with the most recent selling around $800. Ebay doesn't have many, but he's worth at lease $500. Quite a steal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Todays finds:

Half Price Books at lunch got me:
    2 Star Wars Insider magazines - the latest two
    Pokemon Black (DS) - complete
    Fatal Rewind (Gen) - complete with poster
    Shadow of the Beast (Gen) - complete with poster
    Tyrants: Fight Through Time (Gen) - missing manual

After a coupon, this stuff was right at $40 total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Derp, already posted it. Don't know why it won't load for me though :/

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Wow, that Lufia II find is awesome. I'm so glad that it was found by a video game collector and not some random person who just wanted the chess set and might've thrown Lufia in the trash.

Also makes me bummed that I threw away the box for my copy many years ago. I have the game, manual, and map, but I'd sure love to have a beautiful complete copy like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just one find today, but it's been on my want list for some time: Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the GBA. Cart only, $5.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is gonna seem dumb, but....

Don't let that $30 tag fool you, I got it for $10. Had a friend at this particular GameStop.

That pail is a McDonald's Halloween pail, the original 1989 witch (officially called the McWitch) to be exact. I had all of them when I was a kid, but I assume they were all tossed away at some point. I saw it in a bin at a local thrift store known for randomly having obscure items in stock for cheap prices (they always has a few collectors walking though looking for this and that, my old mentor used to make weekly trips there to find things to sell in his store). I figured 40 or so cents was worth owning it again. The witch was my favorite of the three.

BTW, if anyone is interested in reading a bit more about the old McDonald's pails: http://www.sydlexia.com/halloween_pails.htm
    Last edited by JSoup; 09-14-2012 at 03:46 AM.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Nice Finds..
    I haven’t been able to go picking....(van broke down)

I’m waiting in anticipation to hear from a friend who did..

A friend of mine brought me over a Pink DSlite with girly game in it to see what I can do with it(sell it)..he found in on a curb,scratched screen and taped in battery..works though..

I found a nice pair of Ray Ban Sunglasses in the grass at the park,they hadn’t even been used still in the case..I sold them on ebay within hours for $50.00(that’s free found money)

Ebay:
    I got an old 1978 Matchbox Speedway Slot Car in the mail (police car)..but the second car I won so far is lost in the mail,the DC is still stuck at acceptance.I contacted the seller as day by day the tracking says delivery estimated later and later..the max date to receive was the 12th..Right now it’s to be here on the 29th..Seller says he handed it to the postal carrier..

I also got a Rev Box for my Sons Motorcycle that’s given it some ..BA.......S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I hit the McKinnney Third Monday Trade Days up in McKinney, TX and bought this stuff. Odyssey 2 controllers designed for the Atari 2600, Fairchild Channel F controllers for the Atari 2600, Spectravideo Colecovision joystick, an Odyssey 2 power supply, and an Elecom Egg Mouse for the MSX computer line and PC-8801 series. It's Japanese, and as far as I know the PC-8801 never made it out of Japan and the MSX might not have even been released here in the US (the Spectravideo computers from the early '80s predated the MSX series and weren't entirely compatible). I just wondered how this item ended up in a country where it can't be used, in a rustic flea market in Texas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post

That pail is a McDonald's Halloween pail, the original 1989 witch (officially called the McWitch) to be exact.

BTW, if anyone is interested in reading a bit more about the old McDonald's pails: http://www.sydlexia.com/halloween_pails.htm
    Nice. I still have the glowing McBoo and a couple McPunk'n ones in my closet dating from 1990 or so. Also, that website is hilarious!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did the Mansfield Drive-In Flea Market for the 3rd week running. I'm pretty satasified. I'm honestly suprised at how much stuff I've managed to dig up these last three weeks I've started doing Flea Markets as a regular thing. Especially since I keep going to the same one.

Mega Man Powered Up (PSP) + Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) both CIB - $7 (Don't own a PSP, but I'm enough of a Mega Man nut to scoop it up cheap anywhere. I'm sure a PSP will turn up for me soon enough. As for Xenoblade, I recall hearing good things. And its semi-recent. So I figured good deal.)

Nintendo Gamecube Microphone - $3 (now I can finally play that copy of Odama I bought 3-weeks ago!)

Nintedo DS Game Case - $Free (the guy wanted .50 cents, but neither of us had change. So he just gave it to me)

Sega Dreamcast + Memory Card - $10 (This was another week where I found some nice small stuff early, but things dried up. But once again on way back out of the market I found a stall selling a console I wanted. In this case a Dreamcast. Unfortunately it didn't have any controllers or an AV cable. But it did have a power cable and it came with a memory card. I sort of gambled on the idea that Dreamcast memory cards were getting rarer and were worth a couple bucks. That didn't turn out to be true, but it is nice to have. I'm not too worried about finding a controller, I'm sure one will turn up eventually. But hunting down an AV cables probably going to be a bit tricky outside just buying one online... Also the guy threw in a spare Playstation AV cable for free. Which was nice because I needed it for my PS1

oh and...

For those keeping track at home, I'm now 2 for 2 on free games in consoles I just bought. :smug:
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 09-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post

Don't let that $30 tag fool you, I got it for $10. Had a friend at this particular GameStop.

That pail is a McDonald's Halloween pail, the original 1989 witch (officially called the McWitch) to be exact. I had all of them when I was a kid, but I assume they were all tossed away at some point. I saw it in a bin at a local thrift store known for randomly having obscure items in stock for cheap prices (they always has a few collectors walking though looking for this and that, my old mentor used to make weekly trips there to find things to sell in his store). I figured 40 or so cents was worth owning it again. The witch was my favorite of the three.

i had one when i was a lil kid too!!! I think i got some pics of me with one and its embarrassing as hell but since halloween is around the corner i guess i can man up and show it off.
    Here is me with mine (had to been atleast 1989.. did they make these sooner then that? cause i think i look younger then 5 there)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Sorry for the delay, but here it is:

1999 Pepsi Promo - Watto from Episode I! A close friend of mine who lives about 10 houses up the street from me had an estate sale because they are moving. I didn't even know that they owned this! Never saw it anywhere in their house but when I saw it on the sale day I knew he had to be mine. He isn't perfect, but at only $100 I couldn't pass him up! I've seen these at conventions sell for up to $1000, with the most recent selling around $800. Ebay doesn't have many, but he's worth at lease $500. Quite a steal!
    Not to knock the find, but am I the only one that finds this thing extremely creepy? I don't know, I found the whole prequel trilogy creepy so what do I know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

R.O.B. and Stack-Up

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Diddy Kong Racing ended up being $3.60 after a 40% Salvation Army discount; Snowboard Kids 2 was $5.99 at Goodwill. It seems like a small miracle finding complete DS games in the wild these days.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please check out my newest pick up video on YouTube:

Last edited by Shaq-Funaki; 09-16-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Yesterday I picked up:
    A Modded PS1 with 4 controllers (2 being 3rd party), an official multi tap, a 3rd party memory card and 60 burnt games for a low price of 10 bucks.

sure pretty much all of them are sports games but not a big deal.
    I'm was surprised each game is in its own case. I was expecting a spindle or a ziplock bag.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS1 with 5 controllers and link cable
    Tiger Woods: PGA Tour(PS1)
    Namco Museum Vol. 3(PS1)
    Wheel of Fortune(PS1)
    Putter Golf(PS1)
    N64 with 2 controllers
    Mario Kart 64(N64) x2
    Banjo-Tooie(N64)
    Banjo-Kazooie(N64)
    Donkey Kong 64(N64)
    Diddy Kong Racing(N64)
    Mario Party(N64)
    Mario Party 2(N64)
    Goldeneye 007(N64)
    Mario Golf(N64) x2
    Super Mario 64(N64) x 2
    TLC cd $1
    Jewel cd $1
    Puff Daddy cd $1

All of this was found at a yard sale right around the corner from my house. I didn't hit it until around noon after I got back from all my other yard sales. Actually I wouldn't have even known it was there if it wasn't for the fact that I let an old man follow me to a nursing home to visit a relative since he said he was lost. So I saw it after turning a street and made sure to stop there before going home....literally 15 seconds away. The cds were obviously all a dollar. The PS1, N64, accessories and all the games were in a box that said "Playstation" on the front but wasn't priced. The PS1 itself had $15 marked on it but I didn't notice that until after I got home. The N64 had $10 marked on it. I actually didn't want either so I immediately asked how much the games were and since she couldn't find a price on the outside box(she thought she had already written one but had forgotten too) she just offered me the box with everything in it for $10. I happily accepted.

Latest year of Playboy Magazine(behind figure) $5
    Megaman NT Warrior action figure 75 cents
    Medievil strategy guide 50 cents
    2 DS Lite systems and 7 lame games $10
    Mario Superstar Baseball(GC) $1
    Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse(GC) $1
    Mario Party 5(GC) $1
    Mario Party 6(GC) $1
    Sonic Adventure 2: Battle(GC) $1
    Mario Power Tennis(GC) $1
    Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour(GC) $1
    Super Mario Sunshine(GC) $1
    Digital Beauties Art Book 70 cents
    Swim Fan dvd $1

On my way to a big community yard sale I passed by another one on the way but that was about an hour from where I was going. I drove by at first and told myself I would stop by on the way back but then I turned around and decided to stop there first. I'm glad I did because I found a table with Gamecube games and the women only wanted a dollar each for them. Super Mario Sunshine was the only really scratched up disc but I have already resurfaced it. This was also the third copy of Sonic Adventure 2 I have found recently and I used it to replace my copy because it is in superb condition. Swim Fan has always been a guilty pleasure of mine and when I found that dvd at the other community yard sale for a dollar I had to grab it. I found it at the same yard sale I found the Playboy books at. I totally should have waited to buy my Lilo issue since I now have another one for alot cheaper.

The two DS lite systems were from a yard sale a couple days ago. They weren't out but they were advertised in the women's ad so I asked about them and she bought them out. The first thing I asked is if they worked and she said she didn't know. I then asked her how much she wanted and she said she didn't know. So I just told her to make them cheap and I'd buy them and she asked if $5 a piece was ok and I said yes. They also came with two cases and one charger and she thru in 6 games for free but they are all garbage. Finally, I picked up the art book at Goodwill. I can't believe somebody passed on it because it was sitting sideways on the bookshelf, meaning someone took it out to look at but didn't buy it. When I took it up to the register to buy the cashier started flipping thru the pages and I told her she was too young to be looking thru it(it has some nudity in it) but then she just smiled and said she was 40. I then told her that she's not allowed to be getting off at work while she's on the clock. I was just trying to get her to stop flipping thru my book.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today's find:

Video Game related since Nolan Bushnell was involved.

more info about TOPO:

http://www.theoldrobots.com/bob6.html
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post
    Today's find:

Video Game related since Nolan Bushnell was involved.

more info about TOPO:

http://www.theoldrobots.com/bob6.html
    Fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. .dge. Finding an Androbot is one of my dream finds, but I didn't think just stumbling across one in the wild was likely. You have proven me wrong, good sir! Has yours been stripped for parts? Even hollowed out, it's still cool as hell. Plus, think of all the things you could do with the casing! Replace all the guts with new wireless tech and turn it into a sentry when you're not at home.

How much did you pay for it?