I'm interested in learning more about this game, specifically the technology behind it. Most articles discussing this game tend to focus on the censorship that Nintendo forced on the developers but I've heard that story to death. Here's what I'd like to know - does anyone have these answers?

-Did the SNES version run on the same engine as the PC version? If not the same engine, was it the same tech?
-Were there any special chips included on the cart to assist with the effects (ala the FX chip in Doom)?
-Did the game utilize Mode 7 in any way?
-How did they manage the sprite scaling on the SNES and did any other games (aside from Super Noah's Ark) use similar technology?

While Wolf3d is certainly less advanced than Doom, it still seems kind of incredible that it was released on the SNES at all, given that the best the Genesis could manage in terms of FPS's at the time was probably Zero Tolerance which, while not a bad game, definitely is a pretty major step below SNES Wolf3d. Could Wolf3d have been done on a Genesis? I'd think if it was all in software the Genesis would have an advantage with its faster CPU.

So, are there any experts about this game out there? I'd also be interested in any articles, links, etc that might contain this type of info.