Thread: PSA: PS3 firmware update is live, Plus cloud storage increased [Joystiq]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb PSA: PS3 firmware update is live, Plus cloud storage increased [Joystiq]

The new PS3 firmware update designed to support increased PlayStation Plus cloud storage is now live in North America. Most PlayStation Plus users will find that their systems have already downloaded the file this morning, though it will still need to be installed.

Non-Plus users don't have the automatic download feature, but still have to install a system update that doesn't do anything for them. Sorry!PSA: PS3 firmware update is live, Plus cloud storage increased originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Would be nice if Sony would give the 150 to non-plus users at this point, especially since they're tasked with the arbitrary update supporting it.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's such bull shit that only Playstation+ members get cloud storage. It's a slap in the face to people who paid $250+ for a PS3.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    That's such bull shit that only Playstation+ members get cloud storage. It's a slap in the face to people who paid $250+ for a PS3.
    But...that's not a service that existed until plus launched.

I think that they should give standard users the low end storage and the 1G for plus.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

While I would like atleast 50mb cloud storage or something for save files for whenever I bring a game over to a friends house, I'm not complaining that I'm not getting Cloud storage. XBL Gold has cloud storage, online play, Netflix, Hulu, NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB.tv. XBL Silver has trophies and messaging.

Cloud storage takes space, so naturally you'd assume it's a service that you would have to pay for. Online play for games, you paid for the game. Netflix, you pay for Netflix and are using their servers.

You should be glad you're not paying $60(or less if it's a sale) each year. Or just cry about it. I mean everyone complains every time Sony does anything, so why should this be any different.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I guess this means I will have to wait a bit before I can continue playing Killzone 2 while this downloads. Or maybe I can skip this by not signing onto PSN. As for cloud storage, I don't see the point of it so far. It's such a small amount that it's only practical use is transfering your Gamertag or very small MB DLC games between consoles. I have a few small demos on mine but I pretty much keep it disabled on my 360.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post

But...that's not a service that existed until plus launched.

I think that they should give standard users the low end storage and the 1G for plus.
    Yeah I know it's a service that launched after plus, but they could give every PS3 owner a bit of free storage for buying the system and games.
    Last edited by duffmanth; 09-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    Less a slap in the face, more a fart in the general direction.

An actual slap in the face was removing OtherOS from people who paid $599 for a PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    Less a slap in the face, more a fart in the general direction.

An actual slap in the face was removing OtherOS from people who paid $599 for a PS3.

Oh yeah, for sure. Also implementing "cinavia" so you can't play downloaded movies and dropping support of ps2 backwards compatibility for new units.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if it hadn't been offered in the first place, but it was and Sony took all of it away. Sorry, but when I buy something I don't like pieces of it taken away after I have made a purchase. I thought Sony had changed over the years, should have known better honestly, they are just as underhanded as they have always been and they won't get a dime from me in the foreseeable future.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure. Also implementing "cinavia" so you can't play downloaded movies and dropping support of ps2 backwards compatibility for new units.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if it hadn't been offered in the first place, but it was and Sony took all of it away. Sorry, but when I buy something I don't like pieces of it taken away after I have made a purchase. I thought Sony had changed over the years, should have known better honestly, they are just as underhanded as they have always been and they won't get a dime from me in the foreseeable future.
    When have they ever removed features, besides in the case of PS3?
    Selling gaming accessories. Click