Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Not listed:
    New Order - Get Ready - $1 yesterday.

Today:

Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn - $3

$1. I expect Animal Room to be legen - wait for it - dary. (Couldn't resist...) Oh and Matthew Lillard plays a drug addict. He was born for the role.

And all this crap.

Thriller, Inside Deep Throat, Ergo Proxy Vol. 1 w/Vol. 2 soundtrack (Best Buy exclusive), Inland Empire (2 disc set) - $10
    Andre The Butcher / Asylum Days (new) - $1
    Going to Pieces (documentary on horror films and their creators, new) - $1

I also picked up two sealed copies of Psych Season 6 for cheap. I tried to list them on Amazon but the site said they were a restricted item! Jerks!
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 10-31-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Target is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on ALL video games so I picked up:

Assassin's Creed III (PS Vita)
    NFS: Most Wanted (PS Vita)
    DisHonored (Xbox 360)

Paid $96 after tax, but had $50 gift card so only $46 out of pocket!

I really wanted the PS Vita trifecta with Lego Lord of the Rings, but they didn't have it at any stores or online. Maybe it was delayed for the Vita? They had the 3DS and DS versions....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

I also picked up two sealed copies of Psych Season 6 for cheap. I tried to list them on Amazon but the site said they were a restricted item! Jerks!
    How much you want for one ?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

As much as I like starting the finds thread, these were found on Tuesday, so I can't justify it.

Must have been controller day at Unique, fortunately also 25% off day:

N64 controllers were 3.99 each (blue one has stuck shoulder buttons, otherwise they are both great). Rest of the controllers were 2.99 each. There were several more NES controllers, too, and a generic/fake SNES, and the usual 3rd party for various systems and a bunch of PS1 and 2 controllers, too. Anyone need the PS1 controller? It is my second like it.

The CD-players were cheap 1.91 each (there is one under the yellow one), 3.93 for the yellow sports walkman. Then at Goodwill I found another couple Sonys.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 11-01-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Anyone need the PS1 controller? It is my second like it.
    Actually yeah, as I got a question in the video I did about the big Sony analog joystick about some compatibility stuff with the smaller pad. How much are you looking to get?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As much as I like starting the finds thread, these were found on Tuesday, so I can't justify it.

Must have been controller day at Unique, fortunately also 25% off day:

N64 controllers were 3.99 each (blue one has stuck shoulder buttons, otherwise they are both great). Rest of the controllers were 2.99 each. There were several more NES controllers, too, and a generic/fake SNES, and the usual 3rd party for various systems and a bunch of PS1 and 2 controllers, too. Anyone need the PS1 controller? It is my second like it.

The CD-players were cheap 1.91 each (there is one under the yellow one), 3.93 for the yellow sports walkman. Then at Goodwill I found another couple Sonys.
    I'd hold on to that ps1 controller, That is a rare one, notice the difference on the analog stick? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Analog_Controller I have only ever seen 3-4 of them in all the years I've been collecting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    I'd hold on to that ps1 controller, That is a rare one, notice the difference on the analog stick? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Analog_Controller I have only ever seen 3-4 of them in all the years I've been collecting.
    Yeah, this is the second I've found, and I don't have any real need for another.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Actually yeah, as I got a question in the video I did about the big Sony analog joystick about some compatibility stuff with the smaller pad. How much are you looking to get?
    I have no idea what to ask for this. Anyone sold/bought one that wants to comment? I'm certainly not looking to get rich off of it (though of course that'd be nice).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Ebay purchase:

Pro Keds "Galaga" shoes - mint condition, look like they've been worn once or twice. They go great with my Pro Keds "Centipede" shoes. I think there were some others in that line, but will have to research to try to find which ones.

Oh and they are actually in my size - the only other pair on ebay recently were Mens 7's which are too small for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Ebay purchase:

Pro Keds "Galaga" shoes - mint condition, look like they've been worn once or twice. They go great with my Pro Keds "Centipede" shoes. I think there were some others in that line, but will have to research to try to find which ones.

Oh and they are actually in my size - the only other pair on ebay recently were Mens 7's which are too small for me.
    VERY cool! I have the Centipede ones that I got from David way back when he had a bunch. Wish he'd had the Galaga ones, as those would be my first choice (maybe he just didn't have them in my size).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

VERY cool! I have the Centipede ones that I got from David way back when he had a bunch. Wish he'd had the Galaga ones, as those would be my first choice (maybe he just didn't have them in my size).
    Yup, I actually wish I bought the distributor out but I didn't have the desire at the time and he was a pretty big prick as well. I take that back, he wasn't so much a prick as just a very incompetent businessman. Anyway there were few different styles but the ones I was able to get in that bulk buy and resale were the low Converse-style type. There were three styles from that line - Centipede, Starman, and Super Mushroom. They also had a slip on version of a couple but I can't remember the pint, nothing new though and the distributor didn't have any.

All nice but man they just don't hold up, especially around the back as the rubber inside the canvas breaks down and cracks. Wish I kept a few extras as I wore these to work for about a year.

One of the orders from that guy...

...unprofessional as all get-out but occasionally he would screw up his inventory and ship me extra pairs for free.

The others like Deadman pictured came in different styles. There were two different Galaga ones, Asteroids, Centipede, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man (women's). It took forever when they first were released but I was able to find the Galaga style II from an East Coast based menswear retailer.

For whatever reason I ordered 11's since they didn't have half sizes but I should have went for 12's. Green and Yellow laces included. Really only wore them to California Extreme 2008 and 2009.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 11-01-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Yeah, those are so cool. Size 8 if you ever find more!

Watcha want to pay for that controller?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

The Space Invaders on the Galaga shoes are really bothering me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yeah, those are so cool. Size 8 if you ever find more!
    I doubt it unfortunately. It seems I was getting them from the main distribution warehouse. Keds had a crappy deployment channel (they still do) so they sat for the most part then they went to the liquidator which who I was in contact with. Toward the end he moved them to eBay with non-descriptive titles and the auctions were ending for like between $0.95 and $6.00 per pair. (I remember pointing Joe in the direction of the listings at that time) I tried to get in touch with him again around that time to buy everything out (if he was dumping the inventory at that price it would give me a lot of room to make a higher offer) but he never got back to me and the inventory disappeared a week later. I'd venture a guess and say he wrote the rest off and trashed it, donated or exported it.

Watcha want to pay for that controller?
    I have no idea so I looked at completed eBay listings. I see ended listings for $6.99 + $6.20 shipping, one along with a DualShock for $15.66 with free shipping, a pair of them $19.99 + $13.21 shipping. How about $15.00 shipped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    The Space Invaders on the Galaga shoes are really bothering me!
    Well really they're not "Galaga" as the style is "Alien Arcade" and "Alien Arcade II." I forgot the names of the others but like the Super Mushroom ones were like "Mushroom Alley" the Centipede ones are "Garden Gnome" the Starmen ones are "Power Pellets" (oddly enough) and so on.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 11-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Well really they're not "Galaga" as the style is "Alien Arcade" and "Alien Arcade II." I forgot the names of the others but like the Super Mushroom ones were like "Mushroom Alley" the Centipede ones are "Garden Gnome" the Starmen ones are "Power Pellets" (oddly enough) and so on.
    So all in all they did two series:

Canvas construction - Centipede, Stars, and Mushrooms
    Vinyl (leather) construction - Galaga white, Galaga black, Asteroids black, PacMan black

I also saw a pair of white canvas asteroids shoes too, not sure where they fit in here. I'd love to find them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    So all in all they did two series:

Canvas construction - Centipede, Stars, and Mushrooms
    Vinyl (leather) construction - Galaga white, Galaga black, Asteroids black, PacMan black

I also saw a pair of white canvas asteroids shoes too, not sure where they fit in here. I'd love to find them all.
    Well,

Canvas - Centipede, Super Mushrooms, Starmen (Super Mario, not EarthBound).
    Vinyl - Galaga white, Galaga black, Asteroids black, Pac-Man, Centipede, Ms. Pac-Man.
    And the other line of canvas without laces but I've never come across them in person but I believe the white Asteroids pattern was on this style.

Of course there are other video game sneakers, the 720 Degrees inspired Nikes among others, and these that took me forever to find...

FYI: Don't pay much for those as A) they run about a half size to full size small but the rate is inconsistent through the sizes and B) the vinyl artwork coating is prone to rubbing off, especially along to tongue where the straps come into contact with it. They're made pretty shitty to be honest, especially when you take into account how much they were when they were new.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 11-01-2012 at 09:00 PM.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

I really like those Tron sneakers. When were they made? Are they comfortable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I really like those Tron sneakers. When were they made? Are they comfortable?
    2006. They would be more comfortable if I went up a half size but after an hour or so they're fine, very stiff though. All the vinyl on vinyl squeaks though in addition to the aforementioned peeling and wear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

PM sent, David