Thread: Wii U Online

Insert Coin (Level 0) Johnny Nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wii U Online

I was playing COD:MW3 for the Wii online last night, and another player on the opposite team ended up with 39 kills and 3 deaths. Now, I know some people can do this legitimately, but this guy was rounding corners and already firing. So the next match, we end up on the same team, and he flat out told me he's using red box. When I hear this, I start telling him it ruins online play for a lot of gamers. As expected, he starts acting immature, so I muted him. What I'm getting at is, I plan on buying a Wii U and Black Ops 2, and I hope the online hacking is monitored or dealt with. I hear there's not that much hacking/cheating on PS3 or Xbox 360, and I know there's always going to be someone that runs codes, but hopefully the Wii U online support will be a lot better. What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's Red Box exactly? I assume some kinda wall hacking/auto-aiming cheat?

The idea that you can 'hack' console games makes me lol. Welcome to late 90s/early 2000s PC multiplayer guys!
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On XBL, you could get banned just for exploiting glitches, which I think is total bullshit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This conversation really takes me back. I remember arguing with cheaters YEARS ago, ultimately it's a lost cause arguing with them and it really made me lose alot of respect for gamers in general. The only way to beat them is to do the same thing they do, fortunately alot of measures are in place these days to take care of them, thankfully, though exploits and glitches will always be there to some extent which can ony be blamed on the developer and players shouldn't be punished for using exploits imo.

It's almost a given that you should read online for cheats, glitches, macros and hints before playing any online game, even if you have practiced playing offline, it's the only way to compete, cause you better be sure that 75% or more of the players are typing in "cheats" on google before even playing the game.

Also for those that don't know the Wii is amazingly hackable and the cheats that can be done on it are amazing and very in depth. In Call of Duty you can fly, sink below the map and kill people from under it, teleport players to the sky so they fall to their death and go completely invisible. Not alot of people let you know they use these cheats and are pretty covert about it, but I certainly hope with the Wii U, Nintendo tackles this issue cause some people have no idea how widespread cheating and hacking is on the Wii. I'm really surprised it isn't talked about more.

It's a legitimate concern and has been a major problem with the Wii, mainly not talked about and swept under the rug, but there will be alot more core gamers with the Wii U and they won't put up with that crap like the casual players, so Nintendo better not let it continue.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 10-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Johnny Nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe redbox is a cheat that makes everyone on the opposite team have a red square around them. So if the guy using the cheat is on the other side of the map he can see where everyone is, even if they're in buildings. If you have ever played MW3, the remote sentry gun killstreak has a redbox so you can see where people are, but it only lasts for a little while, and it was put in the game by the designers. That's basically what the redbox cheat looks like. People exploiting glitches that are in the game doesn't bother me that much, because they're just bugs in the game. But when people start changing the code, and using it against others in public matches, that's what pisses me off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I really hope Nintendo will have an online service as good as PSN/XboxLive... if its still got stupid friend codes and wacky peripherals like wii speak, the gamers will not buy the games like COD on Wii U, and developers wont port franchises on wii u for lack of sales and if they do, it will be half assed ports with low budgets and missing features. I must say that the treyarch COD were impressive on wii, of course they were better on xobx ps3 but considering wii was like the generation before (xbox1 ps2 gc), they managed to put the same levels on it and was a lot of fun. The graphics were ok for wii and the gameplay was basically the same. I will buy Black ops 2 on Wii U just for the 2 player feature (the gamepad for one player, the tv for the other player). COD is a lot of fun in local multiplayer, and goodbye split screen!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

There is plenty of cheating in MP games. People want to win, they don't care that they cheated to get there. I've seen M14's (a single fire gun) in killcam replay spray out a whole clip faster than my full auto. Modded controllers are the rage for those guys. I've also see some crazy lag induced stuff, but thats harder to tell if they are the game host and fucking with the connection.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always had a hunch that the reason I could never beat anyone at Tatsunoko vs Capcom online was that they were using controller macros or otherwise cheating...
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    On XBL, you could get banned just for exploiting glitches, which I think is total bullshit.
    If that's the case, that is pretty harsh.

If it is a know glitch, someone should try to solve that problem, rather than go after all the people who are exploiting it. It seems like attacking the wrong issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ever since Halo 2 on the original XBL I have hated modders. The shit they did in that game was terrible. Theres still alot of cheating going on in the latest COD or Halo games but it doesn't take long for Microsoft to identify the problem and dish out the banhammer. Unfortunately people will just find new ways to cheat but atleast there are people who monitor online games for that sort of thing.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.