Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question

I think the appeal of the Vita to PS3 owners is the cross-play feature - and that would explain why so many PS3 owners get a Vita.
    What's the cross-play feature?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I've put 100s of hours into my vita, awesome system with an amazing screen.
    Modern gamers are generally a bunch of whiny bitches who complain about everything under the sun.
    Disgaea 3 alone has consumed most of those hours, but with all the psn games, ps1 classics (no load time!) and new games coming out all the time, it's now getting more use then my shitty 3ds would ever have dreamed possible.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    What's the cross-play feature?
    Unavailable for most games, but the ability to play some games online on the Vita against PS3 owners. Wipeout 2048 and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale are the only two I know of. With Wipeout, it's its own game so has all of its own tracks, and it also comes with three or four tracks of HD which are the only ones that can play against PS3 owners who own HD. It was around six months later that they released HD/Fury add on content that allowed you to download the DLC to play the rest of the tracks, so if you have that, then you can play all tracks against PS3 owners, and if you owned the PS3 versions of those games already, the DLC is free.

Dragon's Crown for PS3/Vita should also support cross-play as well.

-

Having already have owned a PSP, hundreds of PSX games, and being against digital, none of the digital content on the Vita really does anything for me. Because really you get what you pay for, atleast for the most part. There are two digital games I'm interested in picking up at some point. Aqua Kitty and Retro City Rampage.

When it comes to big release Vita titles, like Oldskool mentioned, almost all of them are good or very good. I say almost, because out of all the Vita games or demos of games I've played, the only two that I've played that are piece of sh** games are Little Deviants and Dynasty Warriors. A lot of games do add forced touch screen/touch panel functionality, something you would have seen on a lot of early DS titles, but most developers use it very well, so it's not much of a problem. Uncharted is probably the only game where it's an annoyance because of all the touch screen crap when finding secrets.

I'll also agree with the Vita having better games than the 3DS. The 3DS has so many more games, but there are fewer good releases. The last few couple games that have came out that I've been interested in are New Super Mario Bros 2, Code of Princess, and Resident Evil Revelations. I don't own Code of Princess yet, but I'll be getting it once it gets a sale. It won't be until March of next year that I'll get anything else, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and by that time, I'll have gotten Ragnarok Odyssey, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, and Playstation All Stars.

I also have emulated custom firmware on my Vita for right now, but honestly. I was thinking. I have my PSP. What's the point. So next update on the Vita, I'm not going to care whether or not the exploit gets disabled, since it's too much of a hassle to transfer stuff over to the Vita in comparison to the PSP when it can only do the same thing as a fat PSP(PSP emulation lacks the ram the slim PSP has.)

Anyways. My favorite games on the Vita.

Wipeout 2048 with the Wipeout HD/Fury Add On content. One of the greatest racing games ever made.
    Little Big Planet Vita. An amazing game on its own, but also includes a creation tool with new levels being posted on an almost daily basis. While Little Deviants was a terrible game, one LBP level replicates the only good level that Little Deviants had to offer. The one level where you jump out of a helicopter and free fall collecting things and going in the point circles until you parachute when close to the ground. The LBP level also uses tilt control to control where you're moving to on screen while you free fall.
    Unit 13. Mission based Call of Duty like game. It's got a score system for each mission giving you incentive to replay the mission and try for a higher score.
    Gravity Rush. Still have played only the demo, but it's an amazing experience. I'm still waiting for a price drop or trying to find a sale since it's been out for so long before I tried the game. I know one is coming soon.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-24-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.