Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
Most of these "console ports" you speak of aren't really "ports." They're multiconsole. When the game comes out at the same time, it's multiconsole. When it comes out afterwards. It's a port. The Vita has some ports for sure, but most of what everyone is calling ports aren't ports at all.

Also where is all this shovelware you speak of? There's no shovelware when it comes to retail releases and I don't know anyone who would expect most digital games to be worth a damn.
Off the top of my head I would class stuff like Rayman Origins, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Street Fighter X Tekken as ports. Solid games, but ports all the same (by your definition). I'd like exclusive stuff of the same quality, not ports.

I use shovelware as a broad term for product I simply don't like or don't find compelling. Shovelware is a subjective term anyway. Even the solid ports I mentioned fall into this to an extent in the sense that they aren't a compelling reason for *me* to own the system. I'm far from alone on that...