Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
I normally don't agree with doom and gloom predictions, but Sony itself has been very clear that it has been disappointed with the Vita's sales performance and lack of third party support.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...9#.UGhe8xhNCu5

While I don't think this will be its last holiday season, if something doesn't change drastically, I doubt it will be around as long as the PSP was. The competition from other mobile gaming devices like smartphones and iPads and presumably the new iPad mini is making handheld gaming a tougher and tougher business model. Selling a $250 gaming device that isn't also a smartphone or a particularly good web surfing or more general media player device is tough in any economy, let alone one that is still recovering from such a damaging worldwide crisis.
I wasn't trying to antagonize anyone in terms of 3DS' or Vita's somewhat gloomy outlook, but the industry is clearly shifting to other devices. I've heard several major publishers privately state the future is not with the traditional industry. Look at where they're investing and developing now. I tend to agree with them, but I don't think we'll see traditional games and systems go away any time soon.