Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: VITA owners UNITE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cholkavich View Post
    I love my psVita. I bought it day one and unfortunately had to sell it but about a month ago I picked up a used one from Craigslist for way cheap and have been collecting for it and playing the hell out of it since. Its an amazing system and baffles me when people shit all over it. I understand the 3DS has the nintendo properties but at the same time a lot of what is being put out is just re-releases of N64 games most of the time... meh. With the vita you have access to psp/ps1/minis/mobile/crossplay as well as vita titles. There is tremendous potential in the vita and I hope with the release of the PS4 theyre able to utilize it.

long live the vita!

Of all the Vita games that you've played, which are your favorites ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you all have a buck or two left over after downloading a game, you should check out Mini Squadron! It's pretty fun unlocking all of the different fighters.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sadly, there's been nothing for the Vita for awhile that's interested me. I usually purchase all my multiconsole titles on the PS3 and don't get the Vita versions until they hit that ultra budget price range, but lately, the games I'm interested in purchasing again hasn't hit a budget price and I have little interest in Soul Sacrifice. I'm interested in Arkham Origins Blackgate, but if both versions are visually identical, like Warner Bros games have been, I'm getting the 3DS version because of the 3D, but if the Vita version is better quality, then I'll get that one, so I'm waiting until the game is released before purchasing that one.

Dragon's Crown I'm getting on day one on the PS3, but if it's as good as I expect it to be, then I'll eventually purchase the Vita version also.

I'm just hoping in two months, they announce some more Vita games I'm interested in so that Tearaway, Ys, and a pretty big maybe on Valhalla Knights 3 don't turn out to be the only exclusives I'm getting this year.

*edit*

Forgot to mention Guacamelee. If it wasn't digital I'd already own it, but until it's half the current cost, paying for a game I won't actually own doesn't interest me even if the game does.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-23-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've been trying to snag some games cheap off Ebay recently.

I got:

Wipeout 2048 - $12 shipped with unused online code
    Hot Shots Golf - $10.50 shipped with unused online code
    Resistance: burning Skies - $17.57 shipped with unused online code
    Little Deviants - $6.09 shipped

That's an average of $11.54 per game. I don't mind paying that much, because I know I can always sell these games and get most of my investment back. Basically, I just keep checking Ebay for certain games to fall thru the cracks for a cheaper price. There are a bunch of other ones that I'm interested in, but the prices are holding more in the $17, $18, $19 shipped range, and I only want to pay $12 max.

Insert Coin (Level 0) cholkavich's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Of all the Vita games that you've played, which are your favorites ?
    The ones that get a lot of play for me are:
    Wipeout 2048 (amazing graphics, terrible load times)
    Persona 4
    Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed (awesome kart racing game)
    Lumines
    Escape Plan (fun puzzle game with great artistic Direction and humor that utilizes the all the abilities of the vita)
    Mutant Blobs Attack (beat it twice already)
    Retro City Rampage
    Sound Shapes

Those are the games that have been eating most of my time on the Vita. I own quite a few titles as well as PS+ so I havnt gotten to them all yet. Like you Ive managed to pick up most of my games for $15 bucks or under and to me, thats an awesome deal!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love my Vita! I need a 64gb card, cause I'm already managing my "fridge." It helps that the ports are all of games I love, that I like PSP, and that I love PS1. I've got enough to make the thing worth my while for years.

But I do hope it finds some success, somehow. Without a doubt, this is some of my favorite hardware of all time, if not #1, just in terms of control, the beautiful screen, and the OS.

They need to drop the damn memory prices or pack in bigger ones. The 4gb card is all but useless. Sony definitely dropped the ball with that...a "gotcha" moment shouldn't be a standard experience for people wanting to buy your product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just picked up Lumines. Someone on ebay is selling them sealed for 13.95 shipped. At the PS Store they want 20 bucks or more for just a digital download. This message was sent using my Vita.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

amazon is worth checking out for deals. I managed to score Rayman Origins for $9.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cholkavich View Post
    amazon is worth checking out for deals. I managed to score Rayman Origins for $9.
    What??

Really, how did you pull that off ? I've been trying to get a Rayman Origins on Ebay, but can never get one for a cheap enough price. Was it used from one of the amazon sellers ? $9 shipped, or was that before $5 shipping charge ? (heck, even if it was $14 shipped it would have been a good deal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

I think it was listed improperly. The seller was new and it was listed in a weird second rayman listing. It was $9 before shipping but I had a rebate thing that paid for the shipping. Either way just keep your eye out, lots of decently priced games on Amazon. Also when I got the game it still had a gamestop sticker on it pricing it at 39.99 haha. Im at 20 physical titles now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice! I am at 6 physical titles and I have a handful of downloads too. I plan on focusing more on the physical downloads in the future however. The problem is that there are a lot of damn good games for download that you can't get a physical copy of.

Can you list the 20 games that you have? That's a pretty good start really.

I think it would be fun to try to go for a VITA full set.

For Rayman Origins I payed $29.99 + tax for it at Target. Flippin' amazing game. Pure genius.

Looking forward to Lumines.

Anyone else have Lumines? I have only played the demo but it seemed pretty fun, and I liked the music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One thing I've noticed in watching the games sell used on Ebay....If you're willing to pay $18 to $25 you can get a lot of different Vita games. Which is a lot cheaper than paying $39.99 at the stores.

The most I've paid for a Vita game recently was $17.57 (shipped) for Resistance (unused online pass). Normally I've been trying to stay at $13 and below for my games. Unfortunately, I think I've ran out of games that I'm interested in that are under $13.

I really wish Sony would price the PS1 classics better. Most of those games should be $1.99. I would probably buy like 6 or 7 of them at $1.99 each, but instead they are trying to get $5.99 and $7.99 and $9.99. So they ended up getting zero from me, when they would be having me buy all kinds of games left and right if they were $1.99 each or less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think most of the PSOne Classics are priced fine. The Wii Virtual Console games are priced a bit ridiculous though. People will argue that you can replay an NES games, but what's the difference between replaying a $4.99/$5.99 Castlevania Virtual Console game and replaying a $5.99 SotN? I actually like the original better than SotN, but the game is 15 minutes long if you base it on just beating it, compared to three hours. SNES games are $7.99/$8.99.

I do think some PSOne Classics are overpriced though. After Square Enix found out they could get away with overpricing, they started pricing all their games at $9.99. Final Fantasy Anthology is now seperated as Final Fantasy 5 and 6 on PSN, so $20 for games you can get for less than $20 at Amazon.

Considering though that there are so many garbage PSN games that come out at $9.99 and $14.99, and then you can buy quality PSX titles at $5.99, I think it's a great deal, or I would if I actually purchased anything digital aside from PS+. Even in the west where the PSN store is lacking with PSOne Classics, a lot of the games in each specific genre are even better than a lot of retail games, RPGs especially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Everybody is overpriced other than Steam, GamersGate, Amazon downloads, etc, etc. All those prices are ridiculous, especially when everything on iOS is 99 cents. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $6.99 to "virtually" lease something.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So, anyone think that there's going to be a redesign of the Vita anytime soon? That's kind of why I've been hesitant to pick it up.

Oh, and has anyone tried Guacamelee? I played a demo at Best Buy and it was pretty fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Everybody is overpriced other than Steam, GamersGate, Amazon downloads, etc, etc. All those prices are ridiculous, especially when everything on iOS is 99 cents. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $6.99 to "virtually" lease something.
    Steam, GamersGate, etc is the same. You're paying digitally for a game either way. The quality and size of the games at $5.99 is worth it regardless if you compare these titles to Steam games and the like, unless of course you compare the games to deals like Humble Bundle, GOGs End of the World Sale, etc.

Pulling up GOG, Theme Hospital and Sim City 2000 are on sale right now at $2.39, and I'll admit places like GOG, GamersGate and Steam do have more sales, but regularly priced, these two games are $5.99 on GOG, the same price as the exact same games on the PSX. Well. Not the exact same. Syndicate Wars is $5.99, and while it's not on the PSOne Classics, it is a PSX game which would probably be priced at $5.99 if it was. But Baldur's Gate Complete, Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, and Icewind Dale 2 Complete are $9.99 each. This is extremely overpriced considering that I purchased the Dungeons and Dragon's Anthology which included all these games for less than $20. A physical copy. Though the other day you could get these games at a discount from GamersGate. $9.99 for the digital version of the Anthology. Neverwinter Nights 2 Compete is $20 and there's no available digital collection and the physical collection has long been sold out.

Sometimes you can get older PC games marginally cheaper than the price of PSOne Classics, the majority of the time they're the same or higher priced. They both hold similar amounts of content. Both are completely reasonable when it comes to price at $5.99, but anything higher and not worth it to me. Also. As I mentioned before. Compared to the XBL, PSN, and a good portion of indie games that cost $9.99/14.99 at launch, the $5.99 price is great if you don't mind digital.

WCP, no offense, but you're cheap. I am too and wouldn't buy the games at $5.99 either, but that doesn't mean they're not reasonably priced. There are a lot of games on GOG I'm interested in replaying, but I'm not going to purchase them until the End of the World Sale hits again and they're under $5 each.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-04-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post

WCP, no offense, but you're cheap. I am too and wouldn't buy the games at $5.99 either, but that doesn't mean they're not reasonably priced. There are a lot of games on GOG I'm interested in replaying, but I'm not going to purchase them until the End of the World Sale hits again and they're under $5 each.
    None taken... heh...

Yes, I am a cheap bastard gamer. No question about it. But you know what made me so cheap ? When I made the switch to PC gaming in 2010. On the PC side of things, I don't have to pay more than $4.99 for just about anything, as long as I'm patient.

You know what else has made me cheap ? My son having an ipod touch, and buying tons of games for 99 cents. You know how there will be a game on iOS that is $3.99 and it seems outrageously expensive, even though it's really only $3.99 ? It's because there has been a paradigm shift in gaming. People are getting used to these super low price points, and the old rules no longer apply. I know that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are going to hold out as long as humanly possible, trying to get the most money they can for their back catalog, but it's only a matter of time before they succumb to the new reality of the industry. Look at 3DS sales. While the big Nintendo games sell, the 3rd party games aren't selling for those super high prices. Parents aren't going to pay $39.99 for portable games, when their kids already have an ipod touch with a ton of 99 cent games.

Now, having said all of this, there is lots of stuff on the Vita that isn't overpriced. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is like $7.99 or something, and that game is a solid game for $7.99. Super Stardust Delta is $9.99 I think, and that game is pretty damn good. But I'm talking about the PS1 for crying out loud.... I mean, sure, there are certain PS1 games that maybe could command a decent price, but the vast majority of that library should be $1.99 or $2.99 at the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree. I would probably have some PS1 games downloaded it they were at least a little bit cheaper.

On another note : I already got Lumines in the mail and boy am I glad I purchased that game. 13.95 shipped is a steal. I love puzzle games and the game play and soundtrack is cool. I highly recommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Last week or so PSN was having a sale for PS+ members on all resident evil games. Picked up the first 3 RE games for $7 total. Perfect games on the vita!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a ton of ps1 games...I think they're a pretty great price, aside from some that have a popularity tax (square-enix, SOTN, tomba.) But S-E had a sale a little while ago, so that took care of that. The discs will run you a lot more in many cases. $6 is not even lunch, so i can't help but buy a bunch. Where else will i get Klonoa for that price?

I play my disc games over remote play sometimes too. The lag is actually barely noticeable, though the display is dithered (more so) and audio is downgraded. it's a much better experience than playing remote play PS3 games. I have a small one bedroom though, so no matter what, I'm close to the system/router.

You can also transfer saves between the Vita, PS3, and PS1 with the memory card adapter. Pretty nice little detail + usability feature that you don't normally see from these companies, which I'm now taking advantage of all the time.
    Last edited by Archimboldi; 05-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.