Thread: Assassin's Creed 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Assassin's Creed 3

Anyone playing? I caved and picked it up on release day, first release pickup for me in a long while.

So far, seems to start out pretty slow, but I honestly don't mind. First couple hours are on autopilot, similar to Skyward Sword. Some people may consider this a flaw, but seems engaging enough to keep my interest at least.

So far I finished the first 3 sequences and it seems okay. About 8/10 so far, but this is only based on about 4-5 hours of gameplay too. Seems like I'm barely scratching the surface in terms of what to do. Hoping it opens up a bit more... anyone else playing?
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got mine on release date also but it is still sitting on my shelf shrink wrapped. I hope to get to it this weekend. Just not enough time. Will follow up when I get some playing time.

For the record this absolutely ticks me off... Why oh WHY does Gamestop deem in necessary to have their name printed on the cover art of their pre-ordered games? For this reason I'll never pre order again. I don't want Gamestops f'n name on my games! Especially when you dish out $60.00 for them! All they need to do is put a sticker on the game. I'm cool with that. But no... So I'll be getting another copy without Gamestop's name printed on the cover. Shame on the developers for allowing Gamestop to do this in the first place.

Example:
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...-edition/99633

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yago View Post
    Got mine on release date also but it is still sitting on my shelf shrink wrapped. I hope to get to it this weekend. Just not enough time. Will follow up when I get some playing time.

For the record this absolutely ticks me off... Why oh WHY does Gamestop deem in necessary to have their name printed on the cover art of their pre-ordered games? For this reason I'll never pre order again. I don't want Gamestops f'n name on my games! Especially when you dish out $60.00 for them! All they need to do is put a sticker on the game. I'm cool with that. But no... So I'll be getting another copy without Gamestop's name printed on the cover. Shame on the developers for allowing Gamestop to do this in the first place.

Example:
    I actually think from the collector's perspective it's neat to have cover variants. Assuming you keep all your games like I do, having the names of chains and other retailers that might be gone 30 years from now just makes it cooler IMHO. Kind of like old price stickers on cartridge games or something along those lines. I was super disappointed when I got the GovX Edition of MoH last week and all it had was a tiny sticker on the shrinkwrap identifying that I could download some camo pattern and something else as DLC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yago View Post

Example:
    It's not just Gamestop... I purchased mine from Wal-Mart and it has a Wal-Mart banner printed on the cover too. I don't really mind either way though.

This game really opens up at sequence 6, wish I had more time to play it. Great so far!
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game looks awesome, and listening to the Giant Bombcast's segment about it made me want to get it...but I'm still in the middle of Brotherhood. I guess I'll probably wait till it's $20.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get what you guys are saying about cover variants. That makes sense. Just not what I'm into. The same reason i won't ever get a "Player's Choice" or "Platinum Hits" game. I like original releases with clean covers.

My copy is still shrink wrapped. I really wanted to play this weekend but had to work most of the weekend plus a bunch of other things going on. Getting more pumped up to play now.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I just got this a few days ago and so far im liking it, not loving it but its a fun game so far. The setting and action are cool but the overarching Animus/end of the world plot is really silly and takes me out of the experience more then I would care to. I really feel like this series would be better without it..but whatever. I think I'm in segment? 3 or 4 now and this tutorial like section of the game is really dragging on at this point, I get why they did it but its getting tiresome now. Also the 3D is really fun to use with this one, provides a great subtle feeling of depth that you quickly adjust to.