Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which of these Saturn games should I buy?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

That's what my copy is like... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, doesn't seem to matter what you do with it though I find usually it won't work the first time, but will if you hit reset.

INCIDENTALLY...

I'm actively on the lookout for the Saturn version of Arcade Gears: Image Fight and X-Multiply Although if its not much different from the PSOne version I might not bother. But I love me some X-Multiply...

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Got Virtua Fighter 2 yesterday.

Sadly, I don't like it. The thing I don't like about 3D fighters is the "realistic" fighting styles and how each technique has to be done with frame-perfect timing or it just doesn't work, even though the actual inputs are pretty easy. In a 2D fighter, doing a quarter-circle forward + punch gets you a fireball, all the time, every time. In a 3D fighter, X and Circle may cause Jun Kazama to do a twirling kick, or it may cause her to do a normal kick, all depending on if you did it in JUST the way the ultra-picky game wants.

I'm honestly thinking of offering VF2 (it's the standalone release, not from the 3-pack) up for trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try Fighting Vipers instead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    There's also Corpse Killer: Graveyard Edition at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    There is also Corpse Killer, Crypt Killer, Area 51, Maximum Force, Mighty Hits (Europe only), Die Hard Trilogy (1/3 of it), Scud (half of it), and Death Crimson (Japan only).

So, I tried this today because I had my stunner out and apparently Corpse Killer doesn't work with a light gun! And it wasn't my light gun, I tested it with Vitrua Cop right after that to make sure.

I dunno, I'm kind of amazed that this port was so shoddily done, even the Sega CD/32X versions support the Menacer or Justifer I believe. It's a cheesy game anyway, so I doubt anyone's life would be that improved by playing it. 90s hair, blatant stereotypes and goofy acting do make it fun with a group though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    rhettoric
    PSN
    rhettoric

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Got Virtua Fighter 2 yesterday.

Sadly, I don't like it. The thing I don't like about 3D fighters is the "realistic" fighting styles and how each technique has to be done with frame-perfect timing or it just doesn't work, even though the actual inputs are pretty easy. In a 2D fighter, doing a quarter-circle forward + punch gets you a fireball, all the time, every time. In a 3D fighter, X and Circle may cause Jun Kazama to do a twirling kick, or it may cause her to do a normal kick, all depending on if you did it in JUST the way the ultra-picky game wants.

I'm honestly thinking of offering VF2 (it's the standalone release, not from the 3-pack) up for trade.
    Virtua Fighter games never really leave the best first impression, but the battle systems are so deep and the button recognition is so precise that it really does reward multiple plays. I'm far from a hardcore fighting game player, but over the years I've come to really love the intricacy and natural feel of the VF games. Picking it up and playing it today, it almost seems like an extension of the body rather than inputting buttons. Pick a fighter, read up on his/her moves and have fun mastering. I can beat the game now doing a handstand the full time as Shun Di. Pretty funny. You may find the recognition ultra-picky now, but if you take some time with it I think you'll change your mind in that regard.

Between Fighting Vipers, Fighter's Megamix, Virtua Fighter Kids, Last Bronx, Golden Axe: The Duel, Street Fighter Collection and Critcom, there are still plenty of excellent fighters out there on the system to chose from if VF2 doesn't find your fancy.
    "Enduro" is a symbolic journey through life via the media of a race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grolt View Post
    Between Fighting Vipers, Fighter's Megamix, Virtua Fighter Kids, Last Bronx, Golden Axe: The Duel, Street Fighter Collection and Critcom, there are still plenty of excellent fighters out there on the system to chose from if VF2 doesn't find your fancy.
    You're joking, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    rhettoric
    PSN
    rhettoric

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    You're joking, right?
    Hey, I've had some fun with it. I could have said Street Fighter: The Movie.

Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SF: The Movie isn't even that bad gameplay-wise. It's really the awful MK-style graphics that drag it down, although Kylie Minogue as Cammy ain't bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're a fan of platformers (I am), Clockwork Knight and Bug are both excellent. Haven't played Bug 2, but if it's like the first one, it should be good too.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    rhettoric
    PSN
    rhettoric

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    If you're a fan of platformers (I am), Clockwork Knight and Bug are both excellent. Haven't played Bug 2, but if it's like the first one, it should be good too.
    Bug Too! tries to expand on the first one by offering three different controllable characters and levels that have more open 3D space, but personally I prefer the simplicity and the smaller, but more branching, paths of the first game. Both are good fun though, and kind of unheralded when it comes to platformers.