Thread: Solatorobo Sequel in Development!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Solatorobo Sequel in Development!

See the link below for details:

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/cyberconn...new-solatorobo

*Insert fangirl scream here* I absolutely loved the first two Little Tail Bronx games, so I am super excited about this! Also, could this sequel possibly be related to their "Strelka Stories" project they mentioned a few years ago?

I just hope it comes out on a system I own. I wonder CC2 has considered releasing the game as a digital download? Considering how long it took to get Solatorobo approved, releasing it has a digital title might help convince Namco-Bandai to greenlight it.

Personally, I'd love to see it as a PS3 game, with cel-shaded graphics like Ni no Kuni.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought Solo to Robo on a whim and still have it sealed, I really need to play that one of these days.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How does Tail Concerto hold up to Solatorobo? I've been trying to track it down with no success.
    I loved Solatorobo and it seems that Tail Concerto shares many similar concepts.

Unfortunately, it may be many years before we see the sequel on American shores.
    It took Solatorobo a full year to reach our shores and sales have been pretty poor.
    I wonder if any publishers will be interested in localizing the game at all.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire Fox View Post
    Unfortunately, it may be many years before we see the sequel on American shores.
    It took Solatorobo a full year to reach our shores and sales have been pretty poor.
    Well, I just hope it gets released on one of region free consoles. It least then we'll have the option to import if it doesn't get localized.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, the Strelka Stories project is the first thing I thought of. I've already long expected another Little Tail Bronx game to eventually come, so this news doesn't come as a big shock to me. Great that it's been confirmed either way. Now to just get some more concrete information, since they haven't confirmed if this is the Strelka Stories project or not, and it's not clear if they're actually making a true sequel to Solatorobo or just another game within the Little Tail Bronx franchise. People who want a direct sequel to Solatorobo are best to not get their hopes up just yet. As for myself, I'm just happy to see continuing support to Little Tail Bronx, and considering that Solatorobo was wrapped up very nicely, I don't really care to have a direct sequel. Cameos are always fun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire Fox View Post
    How does Tail Concerto hold up to Solatorobo? I've been trying to track it down with no success.
    I loved Solatorobo and it seems that Tail Concerto shares many similar concepts.

One year is nothing. It took around seven years to get the approval to do a new Little Tail Bronx game and around three years to develop Solatorobo. I have no pity for Americans who merely had to wait for the localization. :P I followed CyberConnect2 through all the years of struggling to get the go-ahead, and it felt like an eternity between when the project was first announced with one teaser image (with no confirmation of if it even was an actual Little Tail Bronx game) and when they finally revealed some concrete information. I can't remember exactly, but it was at least a year and a half of checking on that teaser image to see if anything had been changed and announced. For a while there, a lot of Little Tail Bronx fans thought that it might have been cancelled or trapped in development limbo.

Anyway, Tail Concerto is great, and I personally probably would give it the slight lead over Solatorobo, if only because it's more replayable. Tail Concerto is more of a platformer, as opposed to Solatorobo being more of an adventure game. Tail Concerto is much shorter, at roughly 5-6 hours to do everything. The staff on both games is very similar, same composer, same character designer, etc. etc., so there are a lot of similarities. Solatorobo is a bit darker and more mature, although they're both very lighthearted at the end of the day. They're both easy, but Solatorobo more so. Solatorobo pumped up the grappling and made it the center of the gameplay, while Tail Concerto has a lot of shooting with the bubble gun.

There's some general similarities and differences, but if you want to know even more about Tail Concerto, just let me know.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Cool. I played through Solatorobo a few months back, and though it wasn't the greatest game I ever played, it had a lot of charm and character, and I enjoyed it a lot. Wonder if it'll be a direct sequel, or more of a spiritual successor...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I have no pity for Americans who merely had to wait for the localization. :P I followed CyberConnect2 through all the years of struggling to get the go-ahead, and it felt like an eternity between when the project was first announced with one teaser image (with no confirmation of if it even was an actual Little Tail Bronx game) and when they finally revealed some concrete information.
    So you understand how I feel about Mega Man Legends 3... minus the painful cancellation.