Thread: Xbox 360 USB data storage limit doubled to 32GB [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Xbox 360 USB data storage limit doubled to 32GB [Joystiq]

The recent Xbox 360 dashboard update for Fall 2012 quietly increased the flash drive storage capacity from the 16GB implemented in 2010 to 32GB. Although we had been made aware of this the week of the update, we just wanted to make sure this wasn't a glitch that would be reversed at a later date.

Asked if the Xbox flash drive storage limit had officially increased from 16GB to 32GB during the most recent Xbox Live update, a Microsoft spokesperson told us, "Yes. The more our customers use their profile and download digital content, the larger the file size necessary to store that content and move it between consoles gets. Therefore we increased the size of the memory to enable our customers to take more of their Xbox profile with them on the go."Xbox 360 USB data storage limit doubled to 32GB originally appeared on Joystiq on Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:45:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Big deal. There shouldn't even be a limit in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I use USB flash drives for game installs to reduce wear and tear on the hard drive so this is excellent news to me. Especially since GTA V will more than likely require multiple discs given its scope.
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."