I picked up one of these because it seemed like a good deal... 40 mostly good Genesis games (and 40 crappy flash games, but whatever) in one unit, PLUS the ability to plug in your original Genesis controllers and game carts? Sign me up! But it wasn't until I got it home and started up Sonic the Hedgehog I discovered the fatal flaw...

The sound chip SUCKS!

The Sonic theme was unrecognizable, it literally sounded like a completely different tune. Sound effects were even worse. I tried several games and they were all horribly off. Seriously, you'd have to TRY really hard to screw up the Genesis sound chip. I've got fami-clones that have more faithful sound emulation.

Plus, I'm not sure if it was my unit or not, but to get back to the game select menu, you press the menu button... except in my case, it would take me back to the menu and then freeze up, forcing me to flip the power switch off and on again to be able to select a new game.

So yeah. It sucks. Maybe if you're deaf, or just don't care about the sound quality, but otherwise, STAY AWAY.