Thread: Slow Wii U sales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherdog View Post
    I was pretty shocked that the 7 year old Xbox 360 out sold it.
    That isn't unusual. The first few months of a new system usually has a contrained supply so they still get outsold by the older systems for a few months. Come next March or April we will have a much clearer picture of how the Wii U fares against the 360, PS3 and even the Wii.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 12-22-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fry's Electronics has actually been advertising Wii U basic bundles for $350 that include Nintendoland and the Sonic Racing game. Since the basic is $299, and Nintendoland is $59.99, and I think the Sonic Racing is at least $39.99 or something... Anyways, basically Fry's is taking like a $35 hit on this bundle. They must have got way too many basic systems that they are having a hard time selling. Kinda crazy to see something like this BEFORE xmas.

http://www.frys.com/product/7504656
    Last edited by WCP; 12-22-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Fry's Electronics has actually been advertising Wii U basic bundles for $350 that include Nintendoland and the Sonic Racing game. Since the basic is $299, and Nintendoland is $59.99, and I think the Sonic Racing is at least $39.99 or something... Anyways, basically Fry's is taking like a $35 hit on this bundle. They must have got way too many basic systems that they are having a hard time selling. Kinda crazy to see something like this BEFORE xmas.

http://www.frys.com/product/7504656
    That's not crazy, that's just Fry's.

I used to live like 5miles from one and they do weird crap every year many times of year holiday or not. Back when Uncharted 2 came out they sold it for $49.00 instead of $60 for example. They often do both advertised and unadvertised weirdo random sales on brand new stuff that just hits the stores or a week or two after they hit to draw people their way instead of elsewhere. I find it was like they randomly do weird Amazon like price slashes on all sorts of goods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That's not crazy, that's just Fry's.

I used to live like 5miles from one and they do weird crap every year many times of year holiday or not. Back when Uncharted 2 came out they sold it for $49.00 instead of $60 for example. They often do both advertised and unadvertised weirdo random sales on brand new stuff that just hits the stores or a week or two after they hit to draw people their way instead of elsewhere. I find it was like they randomly do weird Amazon like price slashes on all sorts of goods.
    Yeah, Fry's rocks!

I picked up Far Cry 3 for the PC from Fry's. They were selling it for $39.99 a couple of days after it came out. They always have bundle deals available for consoles and handhelds too.