i played it in first grade (1988\1989) though this wasn't an educational game, it was a game my teacher brought from home, so it had nothing to do with spelling or math lol.

here let me try and explain it...though some of it may be different.

it was green\black monochrome 1970's-1989 first person adventure\rpg game (it had first person graphics, but you had to type to get things done). it had an outline of walls and and things on walls, but the outline was more like drawn on and not a digital outline. when you walked through from room to room, the outline would change, but when you went into the wrong areas there would be traps, and you would die and fall down pits and holes or get killed by things, or even slip down cliffs, and i remember when i died to the poison ivy i remember the outline of the poison ivy vine, and the poison ivy leafs themselves. it either took place in a cave, castle or tower (leaning towards tower), and you were either going up to do something, or you were trying to escape...you had to pick up keys, daggers, ropes and stuff like that.

hopefully someone can help me!

P.S. it is not zork, it is not colossal cave remake.