Alright I been wanting to play this sucker since it came out way back but I never had a PS2.

I am running a used PS2 fat model i scored at Goodwill. I know it works because I've played through Katamari Damacy all the way on it!

Now whats going on is I am on the 3rd colossus and I'll be going to the area where you need to be (large body of water with structure in the middle with a spiral ramp that you have to climb). Well i move towards the spiral ramp and the game freezes. Whats really weird is it does this all the way across the board same location whether i try to enter it through the water all or walk around the water to get it lined up and then just shoot across.. Its almost like there is a invisible line that cuts through the area that causes the game to just freeze.... Everything around the character is still in motion his garb still floating around in the breeze and sometimes the horse will still will be walking around. And then the screen goes blank and you hit a button after that and the game restarts.

I've briefly looked into this and people say this will happen randomly at random points from time to time (some will go without ever seeing this problem). They're only diagnosis is that the PS2 is over heating (which I felt the console and doesn't feel warm at all) or the game is bad. And I am hoping the game isn't bad :/. I had no issues up until that point

HELP!!!!!