Thread: Dragon Quest IX Floor Standee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Dragon Quest IX Floor Standee

I'm getting ready to have another push of sales, one last round of stuff I don't need, and completely forgot I had this.

This thing is massive, made of four main panels. The back panel also makes the support for the back and the support for the base while small bridging supports connect a second panel with the game characters. The base panel continues the artwork along with a Blue Slime and the Nintendo DS logo and rating information. In front of the characters a large cutout of the game's title is suspended with foam blocks. At the top of the back panel two cardboard trays are connected that hold little booklets that promote the game. Included are also game case inserts used to convert generic DS cases into display cases. The packet of booklets and case inserts is sealed, it also contains the assembly instructions.

This was never assembled or displayed, in fact this was the first and only time it was removed from the shipping carton. The tip of the sword is a little crinkled due to bouncing around during shipping. I don't observe any issues other than that. This has been in the original shipping carton, sitting in my closet for over two years. Shipping would more than likely be a hassle since the carton is around 4' by 3' and about 2" thick.

Anyway, does anyone have an estimation on the value? I suppose ideally my best bet would to find a Dragon Quest nut in the Bay Area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well I've gotten some interest from a couple parties via PM but no allusions as to value. There is a 0.1% chance that I will ship this unless you're talking big bucks since again, it's like 15 pounds, 4' x 3' x 3".

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

I had a very large assortment of Standies years back. When I sold them off all the RPG related ones brought in between $20-$40 a piece. The rest of them were usually around $15-$25. There were some that were just worthless.