Like some have mentioned, it's all dependent on the people you deal with. I'm cheap so I like to wait until the price of games drop down before I pick them up and one of the games I wanted to get was no longer available new except for one location, an airforce base that you can't get on as a civilian no matter what. I called the Gamestop and asked if they'd be able to bring a copy of the game to another Gamestop store, they took my information, brought it there the next day and called me letting me know it was there to pick up. I want to get Xenoblade Chronicles and can't find it anywhere else so I'll have to do the same for that one to. That's the only Gamestop location near me that has it in stock.

I've had issues at Gamestop as well though. For Gamecube I bought Fight Night Round 2 new. It was gutted and I didn't check the game until I get home. It had a light, although noticeable scratch on it. That's when I stopped purchasing gutted games unless there was no other option and I check it all the time before purchase.