Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gamestop is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    There you go again, putting the blame on the customer. "Fragile and hard to deal with trials and tribulations of life"
    Except that's not at all accurate nor do you have any basis for such a a claim. You are trying to diminish their poor service by degrading me.

I have detailed the 2 visits I've made to Gamestop in recent years and both were failures of customer service and a waste of my time.
    Again I point out, I have never had these consistent customer service issues at any other retailer.

All of which has happened.
    Thanks for qualifying my issues with Gamestop. I wasn't aware that I was having imaginary or make believe problems with their service. I'll be sure to check with you next time to see if I am having a real problem.

Like to exaggerate much?
    Where in this thread has anyone exhibited berzerk reactions to preorder requests and magazine subs?
    Where in this thread is the OCD nit-picking which you level as blame on the customer?
    I'm not putting the blame on anyone. I am simply pointing out that your experiences hardly rise to the level of outrageous conduct on the part of Gamestop or its employees. If anything, they are isolated examples of bad customer service and poor training. I have had many similar situations that I have dealt with not only at Gamestop, but at every retailer I have ever shopped at. It's the nature of retail where employees are paid minimum wage and often have a minimum of training. Sometimes you get a great employee and sometimes you don't. There is no sense in getting overly upset about it as it is completely out of your control. I'm also not advocating that you return to Gamestop or any other retailer. Your choices are your own, but to accuse everyone who hasn't had the same experiences as you have with Gamestop or who understands that retail is not perfect of being an "apologist" is inappropriate and insulting.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    Luckily there are a decent amount of local game shops here in the Seattle area, and they deal with old and brand new stuff.
    One of the best GameStops I ever dealt with was located in King County (Bellevue, WA specifically). The manager there was super-cool, and had a box out for anyone to take old, unclaimed pre-order bonuses. I acquired a lot of bric a brac that way including soundtrack CDs.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like to exaggerate much?
    Where in this thread has anyone exhibited berzerk reactions to preorder requests and magazine subs?
    Where in this thread is the OCD nit-picking which you level as blame on the customer?
    Where in that paragraph did I say it happened in this thread?

I also love the "you level" part. As if hypothetical OCD nitpicking is normal behavior that I'm personally unfairly leveling as "blame on the customer." I suppose if someone was asked to leave the store because they walked in covered in feces I'd "level as blame on the customer" that experience, too? What's especially amazing is that there's no "blaming" going on at all. All I said amounts to "hey, it's a retail chain."
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 01-23-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I find it funny that there's apparently no middle ground. Either you've seen the light about the evils of GameStop or you're an apologist. I've read a lot of "GameStop sucks" ancedotes that run the gamut from "legit complaint" to "OCD nitpicking" but I've never read a single one that is categorically more offensive than a hypothetical bad experience at any other retail chain such as Radio Shack, Blockbuster, PC Richard, Home Depot, etc. If anything, some of those stores are worse.

I get that being a gaming site it makes sense that GameStop will take the brunt of it, but the sheer volume of complaints targeted at GameStop specifically without a "eh, that's retail for ya" qualifier makes it appear that the complainer has never set foot into any national chain besides GameStop once in their lives. Just an example, one popular complaint about GameStop clerks is that they ask about preorders and magazine subscriptions, which is apparently a berserk button for some people. I wonder how these same people would react to Radio Shack asking for their zip code or Micro Center sniffing for their email address. Or, hell, a PC Richard & Son where the floor salesmen make it blatantly obvious that they work on commission.
    Word.

Seriously, it's 2013 and we should all know what to expect from GameStop.

They've pretty much been on cruise control in terms of the policies and practices that they've employed for the past decade:

- low trade in values
    - gutting new products to line new release walls
    - power up rewards/Game Informer subscription upsales
    - warranty upsales
    - pre-order upsales
    - pre-order bonus content delivery issues
    - varying quality of employee training (be it company-wide training techniques or on an individual/isolated store-to-store basis)

And as much as none of the above are "breaking news", we still get new threads every time somebody gets sold a gutted game or doesn't get their Scribblenauts Hat that was a promised pre-order bonus.

We've all been having the same conversations about the above issues for the past 15 years or so and I suspect we'll continue to do so each and every time a member of our community hits their personal "breaking point", even if we've run out of dead horses.

Personally, what I'd like to see is a contest thread where people post NEW customer service issues about GameStop that don't fall into any previously discussed/known categories.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loganm187 View Post
    I shop at gamestop maybe two times a freaking year and it's always just for some pre-order bonus I can't live without, but from now on I don't care what they are offering I'm never shopping there again.

I pre-ordered anarchy reigns for ps3 at gamestop to get the Bayonetta code and this morning I walk into the store to get my game and they tell me my pre-order copy has been gutted and it on the sales floor. WHAT THE HELL?

I'm pretty pissed so the manager calls the other store across town to see if they have any sealed copies, they do so I head over and pick it up. It kinda pissed me off but oh well, I got my game and went home... That's when I realize the MANAGER rung up the the 360 version and gave me 360 DLC codes, but handed me the PS3 copy. I'm not even going back to the store. I don't care about this DLC character anymore at this point and they can seriously just go off an die. I managed a Game Crazy for five years and for two different managers at stores to make mistakes such as these is absurd. I don't care if they give out life size solid snake statues with the next MGS. I am not supporting that place.
    Doesn't help that the online community is almost dead like 3 weeks into the game. I'm so glad I imported and was able to play with the japanese for a solid 2 months. Also, the japanese and europeans got bayonetta free, so this is another example of people getting shafted by dlc bs in america.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    We've all been having the same conversations about the above issues for the past 15 years or so and I suspect we'll continue to do so each and every time a member of our community hits their personal "breaking point", even if we've run out of dead horses.
    We could just do what NintendoAge did and force all these bitchy topics together. One topic to rule them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Every time I see a Gamestop apologist it baffles me.
    I am sure a lot if logical reactions to trivial problems baffle you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont really go there anymore since i found a great mom and pop game shop and get 10 percent off at my job. My problem with them is that they sell opened games that there employees have played and most likely scaratched up as new. The one in town is good about giving you a actual new shrink wrapped new one but the other one 30 miles from here gets all pissy about it and argues that the gutted ones are new even when you point out the freddy kruger claw marks on them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thankfully I've only preordered a single game and the bonus was handed out immediately (The Ocarina of Time disc for Wind Waker).

I made the mistake to not look a few years ago when I bought a few things. Asked if they had a new copy of Tron 2.0 for the Xbox and their computer showed that they did. Apparently I wasn't paying much attention while they were getting the disc out for my used purchases since when I got home and took out the used games I had bought along with Tron, I discovered that instead of the sealed copy from behind the counter that I had expected that it was just the disc in a generic case. They had lost the case or were too lazy to go grab it off the shelf and when I went back and complained, they insisted the game was new and refused to do anything about it even though the artwork wasn't even there. Even though I had been willing to take a gutted copy in the past since I understand the reason behind it, I always specify that I want a shrinkwrapped copy these days. I was willing to be flexible but not after that rip-off.

Also have other stories that still bug me to think about. The worst other than the Tron incident probably was when I bought a used copy of Quake IV for the 360 just to get Quake II (The reason why I was buying it). They only put the one disc in so I asked about it since it was the entire reason why I was making the purchase and the clerk next to her claimed it was on the disc. That didn't sound right so I got home and logged online and discovered it wasn't. I came back the next day and the girl wasn't going to give me it until I reminded her that I had specifically explained why I was buying it in the first place, that it was a standard part of the package, and that her coworker had lied about it or was speaking about something he actually was taking a guess on.

I also recall being refused to return some GBA cartridges that didn't save that upon investigation were bootlegs (I quickly learned to identify if a cartridge was legitimate or not). They were traded in at another time so I was at least able to partially recoup my loss. And I was about two dollars short once and counted out several quarter's and dime's to make up the difference. The clerk quickly grew tired of counting them about halfway through, looked visibly frusturated that he had to count perhaps a dozen coins, and decided that was good enough. The only thing was that I had change due...

I've had good luck more often than not. The local one has a good manager in recent years so I haven't had any issues for quite sometime during the handful of visits I'll make during the course of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    But I do remember that the last few trips involved bringing marked down "new" games up to the counter, asking if they still had any sealed copies, finding out they don't for most or all, and then abandoning the cases at the counter.
    I just go straight to the counter when I arrive and inquire if they have a new sealed copy for whatever it is that I came in for. I'm in and out in the matter of a couple of minutes either way with the minimum of fuss.

Did this just the other day for a Classic Controller Pro (I never got around to buying one and wanted one since I noticed I wasn't seeing them at many places that stock Wii items these days since the Wii U came out). With it being a strip mall location, I doubt I was out of my car for more than two minutes.

That's pretty much what I use GameStop for these days. Occasionally there's something new that I want that I don't want to wait to be shipped here so I'll check their online inventory system for it and as long as it's shown as in stock I'll stop by and go right to the counter and ask for it (I don't bother if it says "low stock" since it often equates to 1 copy that has been gutted for display).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 01-27-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been on an Xbox 360 controller buying spree here lately and a few days ago I noticed a white wired one behind the counter at my local GameStop. The price was in the low 20 dollar range so I asked the clerk if I could see it. He handed it to me and I knew immediately that it was one of those cheap Asian knockoffs. I asked the clerk if it was just to see what he would say and he told me that it was not a knockoff and the reason the price was so low was because Microsoft was not supporting the wired controllers anymore. I then asked him if that was the case then why was there no "X" on the guide button and no Microsoft label on the back of it. He then quietly conceded that it was a knockoff. GameStop does have some shady business practices and they definitely do things I don't like at times but there are plenty of times I've had positive experiences and done good business there. If they ever pull shady crap I don't agree with I just calmly walk away and do my business elsewhere. Vote with your wallet friends...
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have detailed the 2 visits I've made to Gamestop in recent years and both were failures of customer service and a waste of my time.
    Again I point out, I have never had these consistent customer service issues at any other retailer.
    Ah, so you consider your anecdotal evidence to be representative of everyone. Gotcha!

What are your feelings about Namco/Bandai's service? Those who pre-ordered the LE of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch DIRECTLY FROM THE PUBLISHER got their orders canceled, received shipping emails followed by cancellation emails, or just got their entire order FUBARed because Namco took more preorders than they had merchandise in stock. Should those people never buy a Namco game again because they had a bad experience?

I'm sorry you had bad service, but you're generalizing about the extent of your experiences. I've been shopping at GS for years and have had numerous bad experiences, just like at every other retailer out there, but I've also had a lot of good ones. That's MY experience, and in no way do I expect it to be exactly the same at every GS worldwide.

And the whole PowerUp card thing doesn't bother me at all. It's no worse than TRU always asking me for my phone number or Radio Shack always pushing their damn batteries on me. It's just store policy. Say "no" and move on.
    Last edited by Melf; 01-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Ah, so you consider your anecdotal evidence to be representative of everyone. Gotcha!

What are your feelings about Namco/Bandai's service? Those who pre-ordered the LE of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch DIRECTLY FROM THE PUBLISHER got their orders canceled, received shipping emails followed by cancellation emails, or just got their entire order FUBARed because Namco took more preorders than they had merchandise in stock. Should those people never buy a Namco game again because they had a bad experience?

I'm sorry you had bad service, but you're generalizing about the extent of your experiences. I've been shopping at GS for years and have had numerous bad experiences, just like at every other retailer out there, but I've also had a lot of good ones. That's MY experience, and in no way do I expect it to be exactly the same at every GS worldwide.

And the whole PowerUp card thing doesn't bother me at all. It's no worse than TRU always asking me for my phone number or Radio Shack always pushing their damn batteries on me. It's just store policy. Say "no" and move on.
    Bullshit.
    No where did I indicate my experiences are representative of everyone.
    Generalizing? I referenced specific instances of my experiences in Gamestop. That's not generalizing, smart guy.

But because I have regularly been put-off by my experiences at Gamestop (and I am clearly not alone considering the recurring nature of these Gamestop threads over the past 10+ years), I am then "Fragile and hard to deal with trials and tribulations of life" ...yeah, tell me about generalizing, buddy.

Do you think you are sharing some great revelation about saying "No" to phone numbers, or batteries, or PowerUp cards?
    When I have had a problem at Gamestop with them persisting on about preorders it has been specifically because I had told them "No", repeatedly, and they continued trying to pressure me into preordering something. But you clearly wish to assume I do not know how to say no and move on. Is it you who is generalizing?

Your story about Namco?.. How does that compare to the litany of instances I referenced regarding Gamestop? It doesn't. Don't be stupid. One instance does not compare to the many instances gamers repeatedly reference regarding Gamestop over the past decade.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bullshit.
    Generalizing? I referenced specific instances of my experiences in Gamestop. That's not generalizing, smart guy.

But because I have regularly been put-off by my experiences at Gamestop (and I am clearly not alone considering the recurring nature of these Gamestop threads over the past 10+ years), I am then "Fragile and hard to deal with trials and tribulations of life" ...yeah, tell me about generalizing, buddy.

Do you think you are sharing some great revelation about saying "No" to phone numbers, or batteries, or PowerUp cards?
    When I have had a problem at Gamestop with them persisting on about preorders it has been specifically because I had told them "No", repeatedly, and they continued trying to pressure me into preordering something. But you clearly wish to assume I do not know how to say no and move on. Is it you who is generalizing?

Your story about Namco?.. How does that compare to the litany of instances I referenced regarding Gamestop? It doesn't. Don't be stupid. One instance does not compare to the many instances gamers repeatedly reference regarding Gamestop over the past decade.
    Are you kidding me? You have posted several times in this very thread attacking people who shared positive stories about their Gamestop experiences as somehow being "apologists". If that isn't closed minded and generalizing, I don't know what is. How about acknowledging that people may actually have good local stores and good experiences?

In looking back at your posts in this thread, it also appears that you have been completely dishonest. You posted earlier that you hadn't set foot in GS since 2007 then a few pages later it was two years ago and then it was clearly recently as the game you were talking about has only been out for less than a year. So, which is it? Have you not set foot in a Gamestop since 2007 or was it two years ago or are you just a troll looking to stir stuff up by posting false stories of consistently bad customer service and fraud?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With all the stories I hear about that place, it's amazes me that any "gamer" shops there. I know I sure as hell don't.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I still stop in from time to time, mostly when they are having buy 2 get 1 free sales. I normally buy used anyway, so as long as the game works, I'm good. Only rule I have about them is to pay cash. I've had too many problems in the past with them telling me my card didn't work or that they don't take checks (which is bullshit, by the way, all Gamestop take checks, if they tell you they don't, they are being lazy).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Are you kidding me? You have posted several times in this very thread attacking people who shared positive stories about their Gamestop experiences as somehow being "apologists". If that isn't closed minded and generalizing, I don't know what is. How about acknowledging that people may actually have good local stores and good experiences?

In looking back at your posts in this thread, it also appears that you have been completely dishonest. You posted earlier that you hadn't set foot in GS since 2007 then a few pages later it was two years ago and then it was clearly recently as the game you were talking about has only been out for less than a year. So, which is it? Have you not set foot in a Gamestop since 2007 or was it two years ago or are you just a troll looking to stir stuff up by posting false stories of consistently bad customer service and fraud?
    I attacked you and the other guy who made allusions that people who have issues with Gamestop are OCD nitpickers or "fragile and can't deal with trials and tribulations of life". I did not question nor attack their good experiences. I attacked the attitudes which suggest that us customers are the problem, and not Gamestop.
    Oh yeah, and the guy I first called an apologist was complaining that the entire chain shouldn't be criticized for the actions of some stores. When the actions of some stores are consistently upsetting to customers all across the country, over more than a decade, then yes, it is absolutely legitimate to criticize a company that has grown to a monopoly and regularly leaves customers screwed.

Good catch on my timeframes. I'm glad my perspective on this subject interests you so much.
    I had not set foot in a Gamestop since sometime around 2007. The two years ago reference in regards to my experience with trying to purchase Yakuza 2 was at an EB, but I've since realized they are one in the same with Gamestop. My experience with Xenoblade Chronicles occurred after I made my original posts in this thread.
    So yes, now I have actually set foot in a Gamestop in since 2007, and the experience was just as insipid as ever.
    Last edited by Koa Zo; 01-28-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bullshit.
    No, you called people apologists for simply pointing out that not all experiences have been negative, and you made specific references to Gamestop holding things "hostage" as though it happens everywhere exactly the same way. You lumped everyone who had anything positive to say as apologists and used your own two anecdotal examples as a standard. That's generalizing, "smart guy."

Ah yes. Dismiss the flaws in your own argument by pointing out that others do the same. Two wrongs should certainly make a right!

Reading is fundamental, my friend. I wasn't even referring to you. That was in response to Frankie.

My one instance is irrelevant, but your TWO are law? It's anecdotal evidence, pal. That means that what happens to you might not happen to everyone else. That was the entire point of that whole example. Moreover, it was directly related to your own single anecdotal account of your poor experience with your Xenoblade preorder. Apparently, if it happens to you at Gamestop, the company is evil, but if it happens at Namco, it doesn't matter. Please.

Again, reading is fundamental.
    Last edited by Melf; 01-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    No, you called people apologists for simply pointing out that not all experiences have been negative, and you made specific references to Gamestop holding things "hostage" as though it happens everywhere exactly the same way. You lumped everyone who had anything positive to say as apologists and used your own two anecdotal examples as a standard. That's generalizing, "smart guy."

Ah yes. Dismiss the flaws in your own argument by pointing out that others do the same. Two wrongs should certainly make a right!

Reading is fundamental, my friend. I wasn't even referring to you. That was in response to Frankie.

My one instance is irrelevant, but your TWO are law? It's anecdotal evidence, pal. That means that what happens to you might not happen to everyone else. That was the entire point of that whole example. Moreover, it was directly related to your own single anecdotal account of your poor experience with your Xenoblade preorder. Apparently, if it happens to you at Gamestop, the company is evil, but if it happens at Namco, it doesn't matter. Please.

Again, reading is fundamental.
    Yeah, "reading is fundamental" ...then go back and notice that I've referenced many more than two instances.
    Go back and notice that I in no way stated that "holding things hostage" applied to everyone - and that it was a response to someone claiming that we the customer must decide how Gamestop can serve us. It was an example, among others, which has occurred to customers at Gamestops.
    Now go read how the people I took issue with who wrote of positive experiences, those people also made statements that marginalized or denigrated those of us who have had negative experiences. It was their attitude toward people who had bad experiences that I have addressed in my posts. No where did I question their good experiences.

You going on about Namco completely misses the point which I and others have stated repeatedly. Which is (and try to keep up here) - the problems at Gamestop have been frequent and recurring among many gamers across the entire country over a period of many years.

This thread was about Gamestop and the problems that some have had with their service.
    That's very nice that some of you like to shop there. Just don't come into a thread like this and try to diminish the bad experiences which Gamestop has provided gamers for over a decade.

PS Melf, if you want to change the person you are addressing in a post, then it might be wise to give some clear indication. You have three paragraphs directed at me. Then the 4th, in your mind, is addressed to Frankie, yet you provide no indication that you've changed who you are speaking to.

Furthermore, for some guy who likes to spout "reading is fundamental" like a retarded 2nd grader, you sure do fall short. You think I had a Xenoblade preorder? You think I referenced only two instances of bad service. You think I proclaim Gamestop is "evil". You think I have generalized that my experiences are "law". You think I said your experience at Namco doesn't matter? Yet none of those things can be traced to what I have written. Try reading again, because you clearly failed the first time.
    Last edited by Koa Zo; 01-29-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, "reading is fundamental" ...then go back and notice that I've referenced many more than two instances.
    Go back and notice that I in no way implied that "holding things hostage" applied to everyone - no generalization was made.
    Go read how the people I took issue with who wrote of positive experiences, those people also made statements that marginalized or denigrated those of us who have had negative experiences. It was their attitude toward people who had bad experiences that I have addressed in my posts. No where did I question their good experiences.

You going on about Namco completely misses the point which I and others have stated repeatedly. Which is (and try to keep up here) - the problems at Gamestop have been frequent and recurring among many gamers across the entire country over a period of many years.

This thread was about Gamestop and the problems that some have had with their service.
    That's very nice that some of you like to shop there. Just don't come into a thread like this and try to diminish the bad experiences which Gamestop has provided gamers for over a decade.

PS Melf, if you want to change the person you are addressing in a post, then it might be wise to give some clear indication. You have three paragraphs directed at me. Then the 4th, in your mind, is addressed to Frankie, yet you provide no indication that you've changed who you are speaking to.

Furthermore, for some guy who likes to spout "reading is fundamental" like a retarded 2nd grader, you sure do fall short. You think I had a Xenoblade preorder? You think I referenced only two instances of bad service. You think I proclaim Gamestop is "evil". You think I have generalized that my experiences are "law". You think I said your experience at Namco doesn't matter? Yet none of those things can be traced to what I have written. Try reading again, because you clearly failed the first time.
    Actually, this thread started off as a complaint about a specific Gamestop experience someone had with the inflamatory title that "Gamestop is ridiculous". As such, people were free to respond in any way that they chose to. Some of us took a more balanced view and conceded that we have had good and bad experiences with Gamestop. You on the other hand took it upon yourself to attack those of us who shared positive experiences by name calling and labeling us as "apologists". That was well before anyone engaged in any direct criticism of you or your experiences. I found that extremely offensive because it implied that because we disagreed with or had different experiences than you did that we were somehow generalized as being defenders of Gamestop or that we were somehow brainwashed or misled into defending the retailer. Whether intended or not, the term "apologist" is a highly charged one that is often associated with extreme belief sets or other faith based defense of ideas which I personally found offensive. Moreover, you completely ignored and dismissed the idea that other retail chains could have had similar poor customer service and policies and continued to attack those of us who shared those experiences.

If you were offended by my use of colorful language describing what I perceive your characteristics to be given your response to what I consider to be pretty minor problems when dealing with chain retailers, I apologize. I believe, however, that you owe those of us who shared our experiences an apology as well since you were the one who went on the personal attack first when nobody else in this thread whether they were anti-Gamestop or not got anywhere close to the types of attacks you engaged in.