I think I've found my favorite Nintendo 3DS title in Kid Icarus: Uprising. It's fun, it's funny, it's gorgeous, and it's controls are quite customizable. The only thing which would have made it better was support for dual-analogs using the Circle Pad Pro. But this is seriously the best looking 3DS game I've played. Watch YouTube videos of it to see for yourself if you haven't seen it already. You can really tell it was originally going to be a Wii game, that's how good it looks... and for a portable title on a small screen, that is just beautiful.

The humor is very grand. When Pit asks why it is called "Kid Icarus" and when can he meet this Icarus guy, he gets miffed when his questions get ignored. Characters remembering each other see the 8-bit NES sprites in their memories. The forth wall is broken with frequency, like referencing the dash move in the Super Smash Bros. series. And Pit has an inferiority complex about his inability to fly which gets referred on occasion. Plus the three-headed dragon arguing with itselves in British accents is too funny.

The ground-based parts are mainly linear and the flying parts are like an on-rail shooter... and the execution is amazing. Even moreso, you can adjust the difficulty on a scale of 0-100, making the rewards greater to match the challenge. There are hundreds of rewards with thousands of variants to collect. The higher difficulties also open new branches on the levels so you can only explore those other paths on the harder challenges. And besides for using the touch screen to aim (which can be changed to the analog pad, d-pad, or the face buttons), there aren't really any 3DS-specific gimmicks that the game uses. Yes, there are stereoscopic visuals, but those are entirely optional.

I say if you have a 3DS, then pick this game up as soon as possible. Kid Icarus: Uprising is better than all the other 3DS games I've played since buying it back when it launched, and I don't see that opinion changing any time soon unless Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate is exceptionally amazing.