Thread: Pfffft! Forget the NEO GEO X !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    OldSchoolGamer I'm totally with you on the worthlessness of the SNES emulators for PSP. Sorry I prejudged it so harshly. I might be interested in picking one up maybe.

Let me ask a few emulation speific questions about that device.

What is the storage source? SD? Micro SD? Something built in?

Does it support:

NES and Famciom with expansion audio?
    Famicom Disk System?
    Master System with FM Synthesis?
    GameBoy/GameBoy Color?
    Genesis?
    Sega CD?
    NeoGeo Pocket Color?
    GameBoy Advance?

also, do the various emulators support .png screenshot capabilities?
    I will say this one last time PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch the playlist I linked to of demonstration videos. Famicom Disk System has a demonstration dedicated to it. I provided links and info that it seems people keep ignoring. HERE IT IS AGAIN:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...2MemZkgn_eSd3e

I do not personally have a unit so I cannot give you exact specifics. I do not know anything more than the info found on the kickstarter page and what I have seen in the playlist of videos which is why I linked to them in my original post. From the beginning, more than once I have asked people watch the playlist of videos to show the quality of emulation. You may find some of your answers in them, some for sure but as for specifics like if the Master System has FM Synthesis I could not tell you as I cannot test myself. I recall seeing among several demonstrations, gamboy / Gameboy color / TG-16 & TurboCD / Snes / Famicom Disk System / The NeoGeo / Genesis / Mame / Atari7800 / Genesis / Amiga / Ported PC FPS.....

What storage does it use....that info as well as the devices full specifications, current features and a list of some just some of the current developers and more are all available on, THE KICKSTARTER page, again the one I linked to in my first post. So excuse me if I say this one last time, to be clear you are free to not be into it or support it etc. FROM THE BEGINNING I have asked only you give it a fair shake MEANING go to the kickstarter page and read all the info there, watch the playlist of videos to see for yourself just some of the emulators and ore importantly the quality of their performance. THEN TELL ME one of these brand new is not worth $135 and I will totally understand and accept your decision (even if I do not agree with it) Thanks. Now for your convenience those links ONCE MORE:

Kickstarter page with all kinds of wacky stuff like specifications / goals / The Team / Developers (important as they have done some kick ass stuff previously) / Specification (Like storage medium, features etc) OH and you can even ASK QUESTIONS and get answers direct form the Developers!:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...aming-handheld

Playlist of demonstration videos showing several of the emulators and their performance:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...2MemZkgn_eSd3e

I have tried to answer all questions from the beginning but do tire repeating myself or answering questions where all the info (and much more) can be provided from the links I supplied. Thanks.

P.S. @ Satoshi :
    Internal storage: 8 GB, most of which is available for applications and data / External storage: micro SDHC up to 32 GB or micro SDXC of 64 GB (SDXC cards must be reformatted before use) NOW PLEASE GO READ THE REST FOR YOURSELF....
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 01-14-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?