Thread: Starting a Saturn library. Where do I start, what advice do you have, and questions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I thought the american prices were very low too, they seem like a steal!
    Ha! I wouldn't know. I never have nor ever will buy US SS materials or games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    Ha! I wouldn't know. I never have nor ever will buy US SS materials or games.
    Unless you can read japanes, I dont understand how people can play JRPG with crappy internet guides... shmups and action games are ok, but why play a japanese game thats available in english?

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Unless you can read japanes, I dont understand how people can play JRPG with crappy internet guides... shmups and action games are ok, but why play a japanese game thats available in english?
    Ha. I do read Japanese, and speak it, and on rare occasion even write it by hand.

Why not choose an English release? Because it's a waste of both money and space. It's so much easier (and substantially cheaper) to just own NTSC-J and nothing else. Plus I could go on a rant about how localization is shit and there's censorship, and the occasional instance where the localizing studio has a God Complex and decides they know better than the original dev and alter the balance of elements in the game etc. etc. but I need not bother, certainly you've heard it all before, and already understand all these aspects. Even if none of these were issues there is the inescapable fact that translating ruins the emotional feel; Japanese has too many grammatical functions that do not exist in other languages and so the depth of a character and certain jokes; lots of things in speech is lost the moment you give up the original script. I value this content much like the authenticity of the audio and video by using a real console.

I don't need any of that noise. Real system (Saturn in this case), true audio and video, no censorship or altercations. The way it's meant to be played.