Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Spyro The Dragon Trilogy on PS1 <3

I remember seeing the commercial with the talking Sheep with char on it for the first time, after that I begged my parents for a PS1, and I bought Spyro The Dragon with it.

These 3 games were so amazing. I had dyslexia, so before a lot of games Id play I couldnt figure out something, but when the PS came out games had spoken dialog, and these were the first games I beat. Nowadays these games arent talked about that much, and I know the reason why. Insomniac allowed for the series to live on instead of (what should have happened) putting it to rest, but another company would make the games. When I bought my PS2 Enter The Dragonfly was the game Ibought with it, this killed my childhood. I bought Jak and Daxter though so that saved the PS2 for me, but I never bought another Spyro game after that. I read reviews of newer games and I see stuff, theres no point in playing other games besides the first 3.

This was one of the great trilogies on the PS1 along with FF 7 thru 9 and Crash. I really wish more people would talk about them. Maybe this decade people will be more nostalgic about them, I know I am. It had awesome music, cool graphics, Autumn Plains in SPyro 2 has my favorite graphics in a PS1 game when youre ontop of the castle flying. The gameplay was perfect on the ps1 controller, the O button was red so it was his flame button, perfect. Games were mainly easy, but some little minigames could be difficult in the 3rd game. The second game is my favorite and the 3rd is my lesser favorite, that was probably Insomniacs least favorite too since they knew they were out of ideas for the series when they completed work on it.

What are you guys thoughts on this?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 01-19-2013 at 08:59 AM.