Hey Everyone,

I remember back in 1989, when the Super Mario Bros Super Show aired. I remember watching it with my brother and sister. Now almost 30 years old, I recently ordered from GameStop with my Power Up Rewards points two Super Mario Bros DVDs. I have to say, it was well worth the points I spent to relive these classic cartoons. The disappointing thing about the DVDs, is they cut out the skits with the live actors and just show the cartoons. On Netflix, they have 24 episodes of The Super Mario Bros Super Show for instant stream. Sadly, I have to put on my Zelda DVD set because the one on Netflix only shows just the Mario cartoons. Now, I know it sounds pathetic, a grown ass man watching cartoons but these cartoons are more enjoyable than the ones they show today.

I have found a few mistakes (maybe easter eggs?) for example, in one episode Mario gets bitten by a snake that knocks him out completely. When Luigi, Toad and Princess Peach are looking to escape from King Koopa, a caveman shows up pointing to the waterfall. Here's the funny part, it goes to an up close shot of Luigi and his mouth is moving but it's Princess Peach's voice....oops! I also noticed that when Mario and the gang get in trouble there is a song in the background that sounds very similar to the Final Fantasy theme song. They also messed up on some of the story lines as they will cut to a commercial but they never finish what happen or how they got there. Such as in the same episode Mario gets bitten by the snake, King Koopa found the gang's hideout and had water crashing into their hiding place, then it fades to black but when it returns King Koopa and his army is nowhere's in sight and there is no water flooding them out. A little unusual.

Anyways, anybody else remember these classic cartoons or other classic video game cartoons? What was your favorite cartoon, favorite episode and/or favorite moment? I also remember the Donkey Kong and Viva Pinata cartoons which were short lived. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130118_202017.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	6141