Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i really like this seller........

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default i really like this seller........

here it is........my email then the seller.......tell me if you think this guy is asking for bids......

My ask seller a ?

hey, i was just curious if there was any amount you would be willing to end the auction early for or if you're interested in any other sealed nintendo games i have about 60+ i'm looking to sell or trade.

mark
    --------------------

Question from: springmarky
    Title of item: Super Mario Bros. NES Nintendo Sealed
    Seller: jasonvoorhees216
    Starts: Jul-29-03 09:34:24 PDT
    Ends: Aug-05-03 09:34:24 PDT
    Price: Currently $6.53
    To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3038327623

his reply:

i will end it for $40.00 this is a very rare game and i will include the shipping wiht that.

what kind of shape is the box and shrinkwrap in? and you're not interested in trading at all?

its all in mint condition

one other question, is it an american version? because it has what looks like spanish on the front of the game, "Jeu De" so......thats all

yea its american thats not spanish.

i think i'll just watch the auction thanks anyways

what changed your mind

i'm not really interested but i will have to watch the auction and see what comes of it. i may throw in a bid.

so your wasting my time like a retard when your not even interested. Real smart

FINALLY.......i was however interested in this auction.....i just didn't think $40 was a great deal for the game as ebay sits right now and i've been seeing quite a few of them......it just seems fishy to me and finally i dont care for the "other" language on the cover of it......so anyways......am i wrong to think this guy is a total dick or did i do something wrong. i will give him props for answering my emails within about 1 minute each time, all the emails took about 10 minutes.....this is the reply i intend to send, let me know what you guys think about it and if it violates ebay policy in some way.

"who said i wasn't even interested. i dont even think i'll watch your auction cuz i wouldn't want to deal with you after i won it. i've sold many sealed games on ebay and i dont think i've ever antagonized a buyer for asking questions. how much of your time did i consume.....a whole 5 minutes? maybe you should take some time to learn how to treat people when you're hoping they purchase something from you, and then maybe you wont send them emails bitching them out for asking simple questions.

Mark"

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this isn't the first person i've talked to today that has said they dont like answering questions or showed it in some way. i think its the only way to get bids and if you're nice about it you can really promote what you have for auction. but does anybody else want to send this guy questions.....sounds good to me

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this guy is good........more replies......after i sent my reply that i was thinking about.

his reply:

Shut up your a stupid moron and your story makes no sense becuase you said i am very interested, then you wasted my time, then you siad you werent interested becuase you didnt like how the box looks, sorry for that baby but do you really think i care if some pathetic loser watches my auction, how does that help me out at all if you watch it, and do you think your the only one who wants that try again retard.

obviously you missed the part where i was going to bid, learn how to sell. the more people that are interested in your auction, the more you get out of it in the end. you're a total winner!! thanks for calling me a stupid moron

shut the hell up and stop emailing me retard

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm considering offering this guy some pesos.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FWIW: That is the Canadian version of Mario Bros. It is NTSC, but is bilingual. Probably has a think manual as well, in English & French.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i thought something was different, not that it would harm the collectability of the game, i would rather have the US version. it just seems right to me

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasonvoorhees216
    This is a very rare sealed super mario bros game for the NES. You cant find this anywhere. The shipping and handling will be $4.00. Please ignore the negative feedback i have, it is from non paying bidders and as you can see i have 60 positives so why would i single out those few people. Thanks for bidding and serious bids only please.
    Uh.. I don't know.. why would you single them out? Typing what you were thinking maybe?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somewhat off-topic, but am I alone in thinking that asking a seller to end an auction early is in poor taste (regardless of the seller's response)?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was thinking about purchasing that item. But after seeing how badly he responded to you,I will not. I no that smiley hads no purpose but i love it soooooooooooooo much.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mumbai, you have a point. but you have to realize how many other ebayers do it too......i'm looking out for my own best interest as are thousands of other buyers on ebay, i always ask that and rarely do i ever get a price worth talking about........but you do have a good point. also......i'm very impatient

marioallstar2600, i sent another email to the seller and informed him that it doesn't pay to be a total jerk to any bidder at any time, and then proceded to inform him that he had other people lose interest in his auctions because of it

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    mumbai, you have a point. but you have to realize how many other ebayers do it too
    Nothing personal, but that is a terribly weak reason in support of the practice.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont think its a weak reason, why should you let something you're interested in get away from you? if somebody else is just going to do the same thing? i hate snipers when i cant be there and when i am there sniping is the only way i bid. if you cant beat em, join em. also, as a seller.....cancelling the auction and selling early is better on me, more money, no feedback to worry about, and the money is there now.......you dont have to deal with people that wait 5 days to send the money.

But all of that is just my opinion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hate snipers when i cant be there and when i am there sniping is the only way i bid. [....] as a seller.....cancelling the auction and selling early is better on me, more money, no feedback to worry about, and the money is there now.......
    Re: snipers - You hate snipers? Learn to set a reasonable proxy. You hate snipers? Then why snipe yourself?

re: it's great for sellers - Yeah ... and completely against eBay policy. I realize it may not be trendy to support eBay, but when you list an item you're entering into an agreement to play by the rules. You're basically taking advantage of eBay to use it as a forum to shop items around with no real intention to abide by the contract you enter into with eBay when listing.

And if you don't honor that agreement, why should bidders trust any agreement of yours, on or off of eBay?

Unbelievable.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you still have really good points, but i'm still not sure why you are so opposed to any of it? just because it is against ebay rules, or......?

and as far as trusting me, i think the only thing people actually trust on ebay is feedback. its the only thing i rely on. as long as i'm not screwing people out of their money or ending the auction at the last minute then i dont see a problem with it. other than the fact that it breaks the rules, rules are meant to be broken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mumbai
    Somewhat off-topic, but am I alone in thinking that asking a seller to end an auction early is in poor taste (regardless of the seller's response)?
    I think that its bullshit as well. if an item is posted I feel is should stay that way for the life of the auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you still have really good points, but i'm still not sure why you are so opposed to any of it? just because it is against ebay rules, or......?
    I'm against it because it's extremely frustrating when I play by the rules and place my bid with hopes of winning only to find that someone conned the seller into ending the auction early to sell it on the side. i just want to be playing by the same rules as everyone else and those should be the rules that are documented on ebay.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats why i agree its a good point, the only way to stop that from happening is to contact the seller yourself. most of them tell you that they never end auctions early and on and on, which makes you feel better about spending the time in bidding and watching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everyone!

Just thought i'd chip in with alittle bit about ending auctions early i think it's kind of an un-written rule people/ebayers are aloud to sell there items in the best way they can, with out defrauding or stealing from the buyer, It's the buyer that makes the first move regarding closing auctions early, thats why it's so easy to close auctions early so many things can happen regarding the item. So if the seller gets the chance to sell it quicker (or for more) thats up to them..

So if the (Buyer) thinks they've been ripped off, after they get there item after they made the offer as well thats there tough sh*t!!.

Also it can be a pain when ebayers close an auction early especially if your the top bidder at the time, but that doesn't always mean another ebayer has tapped them up to close early, they might have tested the item (if it's electrical etc) and found it to be defective?!. Remember most ebayers are straight down the line kinda people (at least i hope?)

I'v asked sellers to close an auction early quiet a few times for me in the past (10 or 12 times in the last 2 1/2 years or so)... also i do it early before there are any bids, once a bid has been placed i normally watch it till it's time to jump in :P ...

But some times if you ask a seller about closing early, they'll tell you to bid and be the high bidder, then they'll close it to be fare on the other bidders, which is and isn't but thats the way it goes..

There is nothing like alittle "Battle Bidding" when 2, 3 or more 4, 5, 6 bidders are all jumping in bidding in the final few seconds!, I Love winning!! when that happens and the last Name is yours and all the other bidders are beat in submission lol...

But then again just a few days ago i was in alittle Battle with 2 other bidders and lost by a lozy $1... It was a rare item i was after as well, so it stings that bit more, since another one might not show up for a year or so?!?

PS - a note to all people / ebayers reading this i buy tons of stuff mainly Snes and some nes stuff, from all over the world US / Canada / Australia / Germany etc, etc, the one thing i have found, is that patience, common curtesy and friendly contact ( e-mail / phone ) go a really long way!! and can stop any kind of problems dead in there tracks..

I'm sure most if not all ebayers / DP'ers think and act the same way as i do but some people want there Game/Console/e-mail reply/money etc, etc, quick and want it now!! Which can make people come across rude and child like.. which i can't stand, but thats the way some ppl are??

Hope that helps, if not you can take it and stuff it straight up your A.... lol just kiddin!! :P

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

said very well .........but what item did you lose by $1 on?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorxs
    I think it's kind of an un-written rule people/ebayers are aloud to sell there items in the best way they can, with out defrauding or stealing from the buyer.
    Or eBay? I'm sorry, but manipulating eBay to get market exposure and not give back what they're asking in return is, if not fraudulent, tasteless.

It's the buyer that makes the first move regarding closing auctions early, thats why it's so easy to close auctions early so many things can happen regarding the item.
    By my estimation, in most cases people who go after sellers to close auctions early are looking to score a deal for themselves and pull one over on the seller. From the auctions I've seen end early, most often the seller is dealing in materials they are clearly underequipped to place a value on, and probably lost a fair amount against what it would have gone for had the auction run its course.

Also it can be a pain when ebayers close an auction early especially if your the top bidder at the time
    Ask the seller why it ended early when that happens. If they have a legitimate reason, fine. Otherwise, they *have* to sell it to the high bidder at the time the auction ended, or face penalities from eBay. If a seller cancels all bids, then cancels an auction (to avoid said mess), that, too, is something for which they can be disciplined.

I don't see how this stands in defense of asking sellers to end auctions early.

But then again just a few days ago i was in alittle Battle with 2 other bidders and lost by a lozy $1... It was a rare item i was after as well, so it stings that bit more, since another one might not show up for a year or so?!?
    Then bid what you think an item is worth to you, not what you think you can get away when competing against others. If you were willing to spend that extra dollar to win the auction, you have no one but yourself to blame in not adding it to your final bid price. Period.