Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paradius Da

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funfact: There WAS one localized release of Parodius Da! called "Parodius: Non Sense Fantasy" in europe. Since it's a shmup there's not too much to change into english, but they DID translate the gibberish you shout from your megaphone powerup into gems such as "GOT A STINKFOOT" and "SHAVING IS BORING!"

But yeah, I friggin love parodius as a whole. My favorite is probably a tie between Gokyjou and Sexy, though I love both for different reasons. The SNES version of Gokyjou with it's cameo characters from kid dracula and goemon adds tons more to it, but it IS a snes shmup so expect bucketloads of slowdown. The PS1 version adds the "ACCIDENT" mode where you fly through bizarre 3D sections shooting at enemies that pass weird and enter parodius levels of freaky. I can't say which I like more. As for sexy, either the PSP rerelease or the PS1 version will do ya fine. EDIT: Jikkyou Oshaberi's PS1 port has ACCIDENT mode, NOT Gokyjou. Derp.

If you like parodius, you should also try "Harmful Park". It's like parodius but focused more on an amusement park theme. Watch out though, it's super rare and super pricey.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 01-31-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

The second game had even less releases. Fantastic Journey in English for home consoles was found only in the European PS1 and Saturn versions.
    Last edited by theclaw; 01-31-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Lum fan.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post

If you like parodius, you should also try "Harmful Park". It's like parodius but focused more on an amusement park theme. Watch out though, it's super rare and super pricey.
    Its not rare, just desirable, theres 2 copies on ebay and 18 on YJA, its just desirable and majority of us westerners are stupid and will pay ungodly Ebay prices without searching elsewhere first. YJA price? 4,000-6500 Yen, or $45-75 as opposed to $150-200 via US sellers. Also be careful cause the cover to this game fades super easily for some reason.