This has been an insane month for me. Started on New Year's Eve just to make it interesting. I was sick. My girlfriend got sick. Her mother got sick (and is STILL sick). I got better and then my brother told me my mother was dying (then she got better). Then my Aunt (her sister) died Tuesday. Then SHE dies Friday! My internet and phone have been touch and go for the last 3 days, meaning I could not get in contact with anyone. AT&T put a rush order on it given the circumstances and had both repairmen at my house at the same time today!

Oh...where was I?

I wanted to play my Game Gear today while I was waiting. Didn't want to use a billion AA batteries just to play it so hooked up the adapter. Had a few seconds of power then it shuts off. Bought a "new" adapter and got the same thing. Tried 6 AA batteries...same thing.

I think its bit the dust. Sad thing is the guy I bought the adapter from has one of the blue Game Gears with 7 or 8 decent games for $60. A bit rich for me at the moment!

I have always loved the Game Gear from the moment my brother bought me one (with the carry case that holds your games, accessories, and system) for Christmas in 1992. I eventually got rid of it but finally found another one several years back. I admit I don't play it as much as I should but I absolutely love the system. Columns will ALWAYS be better than Tetris in my opinion.

Rest in peace, good buddy....you had a good run. (Before anyone suggests me trying to troubleshoot and fix it myself....I am not even close to being technologically inclined to work on a game system!)