Thread: No More First Class International on eBay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No More First Class International on eBay?

So I have around 25 packages I need to send out and now all of a sudden they've all doubled in price.

I guess I can't ship internationally anymore...I'm not paying fucking 6 dollars to ship something to canada.

"USPS will discontinue Parcel PostŪ service starting Jan 27.
    If you select First Class Mail International service you will get the new First Class Package International Service.
    Some USPS services are no longer available online to certain countries. If you don't see the service you'd like to use, you will need to purchase postage at your local post office. Find one"

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah, I was reading about this and chiming in over at AA... it's a little ludicrous, is USPS losing as much as that? The hikes are huge, and really gonna impact foreign sales, including my spending in the US. A one pound package to the UK is now going to cost almost $17.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, I was reading about this and chiming in over at AA... it's a little ludicrous, is USPS losing as much as that? The hikes are huge, and really gonna impact foreign sales, including my spending in the US. A one pound package to the UK is now going to cost almost $17.
    Yeah, I had to remove all international shipping just now because of this. Not only that, but I'm eating like $100 in shipping now on those 25 packages to keep my customers happy. It's either that, or fail to upload tracking in 24 hours and not have top rated seller status (which i was working on getting back)

Refunding 27 packages because "the post office raised the shipping price" would be suicide by negative feedback.

Hopefully it should be back to normal in march like they say it might. Until then, I'm not shipping anything internationally. Not even to canada.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-29-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I can finally be glad I live in the hell hole that is PR...at least the rates for PR are domestic (same as USA).

Sad about First Class International, though. I guess they were loosing alot of money.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am sympathetic to the fact that this may impact the ability of collectors to support their collections by selling items on Ebay to international buyers who tend to be the ones in recent years really paying over market value. Having said that, it strikes me as pretty unfair that international buyers have essentially received a postal subsidy from USPS all these years when it doesn't work the other way around from most other postal systems. Have you ever had something shipped from Japan or Australia or even much of Europe? $17 a pound would be downright cheap. Even Canada is outrageous given how slow items seem to move. The only really cheap international postage I have ever seen is from Hong Kong. Everybody else charges full market rates and it's about time the USPS started to do so as well.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Yeah, I had to remove all international shipping just now because of this. Not only that, but I'm eating like $100 in shipping now on those 25 packages to keep my customers happy. It's either that, or fail to upload tracking in 24 hours and not have top rated seller status (which i was working on getting back)

Refunding 27 packages because "the post office raised the shipping price" would be suicide by negative feedback.

Hopefully it should be back to normal in march like they say it might. Until then, I'm not shipping anything internationally. Not even to canada.
    They're not supposed to be able to leave you negative feedback if you give a full refund. As long as you choose "cancel transaction" with ebay.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing that has got me a few times now is the discontinuing of Parcel Post online I work ten hour days so I have no time to get to a post office for this new Standard Post that's only at the post office so now the only way I can ship stuff over 14oz is Priority Mail and that's fine if what your shipping is under 3lb or fits in one of the flat rate boxes but if it's over 3lb and doesn't fit in a flat rate your looking at about 30%~40% more than Priority Mail would have been.

A few weeks ago I shipped something that was bigger than a large flat rate box and weighed 6lb for 11.93 with Parcel Post, now the only way I can do the same shipment is for $16.93. I really hope that they get this new Standard Post option online soon if not it just wont be worth my time to sell anything big for under $100 online anymore.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    I guess I can't ship internationally anymore...I'm not paying fucking 6 dollars to ship something to canada.
    I really have to laugh at this, no way is $6 expensive to ship a parcel anywhere. Any local parcel here starts at $10 at least, it's more common for $13 and up. I can't imagine it really affecting any sales unless the items you're selling are barely worth anything at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I really have to laugh at this, no way is $6 expensive to ship a parcel anywhere. Any local parcel here starts at $10 at least, it's more common for $13 and up. I can't imagine it really affecting any sales unless the items you're selling are barely worth anything at all.
    It's more like $7.50. I know for a fact that it's now $8.88 to ship something 4 ounces to the UK, and when I explain that to my customers they thing I'm making it up.