Thread: Company of Heroes movie will arrive on DVD, Blu-ray Feb. 26 [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Company of Heroes movie will arrive on DVD, Blu-ray Feb. 26 [Joystiq]

THQ may have had its last stand, but the Company of Heroes movie is apparently still a go, as we've gotten word that it's still coming to DVD and Blu-ray on February 26. The full-length film, based on Relic Entertainment's critically acclaimed real-time strategy series (now owned by Sega), stars Tom Sizemore, Vinnie Jones, and Neal McDonough. It follows a band of soldiers trying to stop Nazi Germany from creating an atomic weapon during the Battle of the Bulge.

Will it be any good? We don't know yet. But if you want to honor the old THQ brotherhood (and get a nice taste of the setting before Company of Heroes 2 comes out), you can grab a copy of by the end of the month.Company of Heroes movie will arrive on DVD, Blu-ray Feb. 26 originally appeared on Joystiq on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 03:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What an interesting idea, a CoH-movie. This is pure marketing though.

I love Company of Heroes. That game is amazing-balls, but there ain't much story, if I remember correctly. I mean, it's WWII, and you kill Nazis in real scenarios. I don't remember any characters or actual plot that wasn't just WWII.
    So how does one make a film out of it? You don't. I think this is just going to be a normal war-movie, and the CoH name is there to lure in a few more people because might as well.
    I highly doubt there will be anything actually related to CoH in this movie, outside of the setting.