Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
The game media is as much a part of the media as any other entity covering pop culture. There are some good journalists and some bad just like in all media. It's sad that you are so blind to the difference that you lack any objectivity at all in the matter and frankly, your opinion shows just how uninformed you are.
Uninformed hardly, look at the stories over the years of people exposing paid for reviews and manipulating scores for ad dollars such as Gerstman being fired for panning a game that was being advertised on Gamespot a few years back. I used to work in this media and it sickened me to the point I separated myself from it due to all the childish behavior. I'm well aware there are good and bad people who cover stuff, but the sad reality I was exposed to was that there was more bad than good in doing "honest" even handed reporting depending on the writers preference to X console or genre over Y. It's not hard to go digging at all and find immaturity around M rated games, systems with too many all ages stuff, anti-"insert console maker" news and reviews slants, etc.