Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2013 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I had no clue there were any VC games beyond the second one. Kind of cool!
    There are five in total. The last three are pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Holy crap does the new Photobucket suck ass. I can't select multiple items and get the image links anymore.
    I know they use to have the bulk uploader option but now you can select multiple pics by holding down the CTRL button before selecting which pics you want to upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    This is now almost a week old find, and nothing new to add to it , so here it is:
    Do you ever have any issues selling expired ink? I see ink all the time and I just sold my first HP combo back last month but that one was only a month old. The majority of ink I see at Goodwills and thrifts is expired anywhere from 9 months to 6 years old. Just curious how much that affects reselling it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I know they use to have the bulk uploader option but now you can select multiple pics by holding down the CTRL button before selecting which pics you want to upload.
    That's always been an option. I've done that for years. It's the horrible way they're handling links that bugs the crap outta me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Do you ever have any issues selling expired ink? I see ink all the time and I just sold my first HP combo back last month but that one was only a month old. The majority of ink I see at Goodwills and thrifts is expired anywhere from 9 months to 6 years old. Just curious how much that affects reselling it.
    Well, as with anything else it all depends. From my experience most inks that are worth selling haven't been around long enough to be super old. That is, the ink "number" is usually retired at some point and no one uses that ink at all anymore, so it doesn't matter. Therefore, if it is really old it isn't worth it, and if it is not expired (or only recently), it is probably worth picking up. There are exceptions; for example HP 56 is one that was used in everything for a long time (it is what I still use for labels, actually), so even several year old ink will still sell, though what you can get does also go down some. For brands like Lexmark you have to be more careful, most of it isn't worth your time. Same with Brother and anything generic. HP and Canon are the only ones I'll pick up automatically (as long as it isn't in the really old packaging). Even then, some of the single canon colors aren't always worth it. I still look things up. Add 'genuine' to your search or you'll just see listings for generics.

As to 'issues' like complaints/returns? No, never had a problem. HP is the only ink that clearly lists expiration dates on the packaging (consistently in a normal format, anyway), so you can't even tell on a lot of stuff. I make sure the use by date is clearly listed in my listing if I know it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sniper Elite was $3.99 at a Salvation Army. Ballistic was $3.00 at a Jewish Women's Council thrift.

Alesis HR-16 Drum Machine with box, styrofoam, paperwork (including bumper sticker) cable BUT missing the power supply. $18 at a different Salvation Army.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    It's probably been months since I've been able to post a find in one of these threads, and they aren't even that good. I bought a Coleco Gemini "Dual Command" joystick/paddle for $6.99 at a Movie Trading Company and a Quickshot joystick (model #QS-131) at an FX Game Exchange retro store for $1.95.

With all the thrift stores and flea markets I tend to hit, it's pretty sad that this is all I have to show for it for 2013 so far.
    Since I'm a Dallas area native, but now live in the Denver area, I can tell you that Dallas is VERY poor for thrift shopping. I've had much better luck in Denver, Witchia KS, and even Little Rock!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Won some cheap PS2 import auctions.

About $18 shipped total for:
    - Fire Pro Wrestling Z (JPN)
    - Mobile Suit Gundam (JPN)
    - Mobile Suit Gundam Encounters in Space (JPN)
    - Mobile Suit Gundam Z AEUG vs Titans (JPN)
    - Mobile Suit Gundam Federation vs Zeon (JPN)
    Lum fan.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up Fire Emblem and Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube today for $15 total at a pawn shop! Score.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-03-26 at 9.05.09 AM.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	6467
    Last edited by ZP3; 03-26-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: added picture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

As I overheard another patron telling his friend on the phone at the first Electronics Flea Market of the year, "I'm kinda overwhelmed by the amount of crap." Really not much there and what there was had crazy high prices. I did find one guy with a bunch of You Don't Know Jack games for $1 a pop so I grabbed the four he had that I didn't have...

You Don't Know Jack Movies
    You Don't Know Jack 3
    You Don't Know Jack TV
    You Don't Know Jack Louder! Faster! Funnier!

PS2 Pop'n Music 8 (JPN) was from eBay, $15. Good condition but no booklet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    Since I'm a Dallas area native, but now live in the Denver area, I can tell you that Dallas is VERY poor for thrift shopping. I've had much better luck in Denver, Witchia KS, and even Little Rock!
    The thing is, a few years ago I used to bring home all kinds of crazy stuff. One of the problems is that as I continue collecting, the pool of things I'm looking for gets smaller since I've already found a lot of what I want. Another problem is that I hear store clerks tell me about some guy(s) who go there early in the mornings a couple times a week and scour the place clean of anything they can resell. I don't do eBay, I'd much rather build my collection from hunting things down in the wild, so I just can't catch a break anymore. I used to find games and stuff on a fairly regular basis, now it's barely a trickle.

I had a pretty good run, though. Other than maybe a Neo•Geo, I can't think of any consoles I'm really wanting anymore. Found a lot of good games over the years, some of which were pretty rare too. Looks like a thrifting era is coming to an end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

$3.50 each...
    MechAssault (Xbox)
    Pokemon The First Movie (DVD)

I guess MechAssault covers me in the event I decide to try Xbox homebrew again. Replaced its case since I couldn't get its Microsoft company store sticker off.
    The first three Pokemon movies are out of print, worth more than I'd expected.
    Lum fan.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Oh it’s snowing here WHAT..

Todays RUSH Flea Market Pick Ups..

I went with a friend early this morning,heed id most the picking and virtually filled his van..

He picked up an older PS3 with cords...$40.00..I think it’s a 60G..I may be selling it for him later after he tests it.
    It did not come with a controller but another seller had piles of PS3 used controllers for $10.00

My Picks:

The Big Wooden Robot is an Antique,I picked it up from a third party to sell on ebay..
    Two Bins Of (big) Lego/Duplo sets,FREE
    Magnets.new in box..25cent each
    book 25 cent
    cassettes free

VECTORMAN Sealed...$3.00
    Empty Genesis game boxes(I have a whole bunch)25 cent each
    Broken DSlite with new battery,$5.00
    SNES Games $1.00 each
    Misc bag of game manuals $1.00
    DVD #1.00
    Patches $3.00
    Guncon $1.00
    Tea Set $1.00
    CD FOLDER,has PC games ,Tomb Raider Chronicals..$1.00

Ihome..$1.00..wont play ipod through speakers..I’m going to sell it as broken..

Time Crisis complete(took game out to check) and the two light guns ..THREE ITEMS FOR $5.00

Sega CD Set up ,bag of controllers,rf,etc..and two games $30.00...this is going up for sale.. have another one of these set ups like this and the other Sega CD version with box..to sell..

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...psd43bc450.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got these last night and this morning alot of traveling.

SNES
    Super Soccer-ib 1$
    Tecmo super baseball-cb 2$
    NFL Quarterback club-CIB 2$
    David Cranes Amazing Tennis-cb 2$

N64
    Tony hawk pro skater 2-c
    space invaders-c
    Dr Mario 64-c
    virtual chess 64-c
    monster truck madneess 64-CIB 5$
    tony hawk pro skater-CIB 5$
    Scars-CIB 5$
    World driver-CIB 5$
    star wars episode 1 racer-CIB 5$
    pokemon puzzle league-CIB 5$
    nascar 99-cb 5$
    aerofighters assault-cb 5$
    excitebike 64-cb 5$
    charlie blasts-cb 5$
    quest 64-cb 5$
    super bowling-c 5$
    going quackers-cb 25$

PS2
    guilty Gear X2-CIB 5$
    Neo Geo Battlecoliseum-CIB 5$
    Yu-Gi-Oh GX-CIB 5$

ps2
    NHL 2K10-CIB
    Mortal kombat deception-CIB
    God of war-CIB GH
    Fifa soccer 08-CIB
    MVP baseball 2005-CIB
    resident evil 3-nemesis-c
    resident evil 4-ib
    lord of the rings-the return of the king-ci 25$
    naruto-uzumaki Chronicles-CIB
    Ratchet & Clank-going commando-cb
    Monster lab-CIB
    virtua quest-cb
    state of emergency 2-cb
    Final fantasy XII-cb
    Shadow of the colossus-CIB GH
    Tenchu-Fatal Shadows-CIB
    wwe smackdown here comes the pain-CIB GH
    Tom clancy's ghost recon advanced warfighter-cb
    007 Agent under fire-cb GH
    Baldurs gate dark alliance-CIB GH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Some good finds, and goodies that came in the mail this week:

Fire Emblem: Awakening w/ artbook ~ $34.99
    Croc w/case ~ .50 cents
    Xenosaga Preorder DVD ~ .50 cents
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition ~ $49.99
    Dark Horse's Star War Comic #1 Game Stop Cover ~ Free

I went to GameStop earlier this week to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening, and used my $5 off coupon to save a few bucks. The guy at the counter told me that he has an extra artbook left over from the past several weeks and placed it in the bag so it was pretty thoughtful of him Then around Friday, I decided to visit my local goodwill stores, and managed to find Croc with its case, and the Xenosaga Preorder DVD bonus for a nice price. Lastly, the last two stuff: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition via Best Buy which was preordered late last year with a $30 gift card used and paying the difference, and the Star Wars comic was pretty much free from putting those GameStop reward points to good use ^_^
    Last edited by Zama; 03-17-2013 at 12:52 AM.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

I found myself a Sega Genesis 3 with a 3rd party 6 button turbo controller and a official 6 button turbo controller for 10 bucks at Goodwill. It didn't have the AV cable or power supply but not that big of a deal as I know exactly where to go to get those in the wild (and plus I have my version 2 cables to use for now and it works fine! )

Now I can officially say I have this!

YAY!!!

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went out too early today for the gamestore and the people I was with refused to wait a half hour for it to open in another store, but I still managed to get these from normal shopping:

Zatch Bell Volume 11 (DVD) and Shadoan (Quicktime Adventure Game DVD Version) - New, $1 each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Jeez, I haven't posted any of my finds in like....an entire year. I've found quite a bit but nothing exciting at all. Biggest dry-spell ever at the flea and thrifts, pretty much not even worth going to anymore. That changed yesterday! Not a video game, but it's nice flip material for eBay. This thing looks brand-new and even has the receipt from when it was ordered by and delivered to a Compass Bank in Birmingham. $3.99 at Big Saver!

Got a question: how do I go about finding out if this thing was ever deactivated or has any installs left? I don't want to sell it to someone and the thing turns out unusable.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    Jeez, I haven't posted any of my finds in like....an entire year. I've found quite a bit but nothing exciting at all. Biggest dry-spell ever at the flea and thrifts, pretty much not even worth going to anymore. That changed yesterday! Not a video game, but it's nice flip material for eBay. This thing looks brand-new and even has the receipt from when it was ordered by and delivered to a Compass Bank in Birmingham. $3.99 at Big Saver!

Got a question: how do I go about finding out if this thing was ever deactivated or has any installs left? I don't want to sell it to someone and the thing turns out unusable.
    adobe deactivated their activation servers a while back for older apps, including acrobat 7 and lower. Anyone can get them now by using universal keys. Here's instructions from adobe: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...-end-life.html

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    Went out too early today for the gamestore and the people I was with refused to wait a half hour for it to open in another store, but I still managed to get these from normal shopping:

Zatch Bell Volume 11 (DVD) and Shadoan (Quicktime Adventure Game DVD Version) - New, $1 each

NICE:

Shadoan (Quicktime Adventure Game DVD Version) - $1 each
    I just picked up one of these with a bunch of other new DVDS at the dollar tree..

There was just one so I had to grab it...

Since the one I bought says Playstation 2 Compatible

Would this DVD say fall into being an interactive PS2 game?in that line up of games ...
    Like Time Traveler,Dragons Lair II..interactive games that I also own..

Thus for the PS2 Game Completest Collector and item they would want to have in their collection..?

Detailed item info(mine is listed on ebay)
    Based on the video game "Thayer's Quest", this Tolkein-like world offers its visitors a totally interactive challenge. Using the DVD Player's remote, a PC with DVD-ROM or CD-ROM capability, the Sony Playstation 2, or the X BOX, SHADOAN forms a realistic gaming environment. Help Lathan Kandor as he travels throughout this world in search of the five pieces of a broken amulet, all while thwarting the evil forces of the Wizard Torlock and waiting for a reunion with lost love Princess Grace Delight.

Product Details
    Edition: Playstation 2 Compatible
    Number of Discs: 1
    Rating: Not Rated
    Film Country: USA
    UPC: 064572170011

Additional Details
    Genre: Science-Fiction/Fantasy
    Format: DVD
    Region: Region 0
    Display Format: Playstation 2 Compatible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Would this DVD say fall into being an interactive PS2 game?in that line up of games ...
    Like Time Traveler,Dragons Lair II..interactive games that I also own..

Thus for the PS2 Game Completest Collector and item they would want to have in their collection..?
    I think that it works on all DVD players, so your mileage may vary, but the read times on this one aren't as important as dragon's lair or space ace since looking into it further it's apparently an FMV dungeon crawler/collect-a-thon with some quicktime sections. "PS2 Compatible" was probably slapped on there since the DVD is actually a 2000 release and it's quite possible more people owned a PS2 than a standalone DVD Player.

There were two copies of Shadoan in different places at my dollar tree, but there was only one Zatch Bell DVD. The other guys I went with got a bunch of action movies and gave me strange looks when I grabbed anime :P
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-17-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    adobe deactivated their activation servers a while back for older apps, including acrobat 7 and lower. Anyone can get them now by using universal keys. Here's instructions from adobe: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...-end-life.html
    Oh. So I assume it's pretty much safe to sell as-is? The disc boots but I haven't attempted an install. Should work for whoever uses it.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.