Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
What you're doing then would completey affect others. You are manipulating the market. Basically in it for a monetary gain aside from whatever reason you have to collect whether it be nostalgia or whatever. Whether you play the games or not doesn't take away the fact that you reduce the amount of copies in circulation. That drives up prices no matter how you cut it. It's just a matter of gaming morals I suppose. Another example is earthbound the cart is going for $120 and the game has never been ported. Not everyone can afford $120 on a single game and not everyone is going to find one in the wild. I'd say between it's high demand and the fact it has yet to get a port makes people revert to illegal emulation.

VGA is a even better example of the WTF just happened. VGA won't grade a game unless it's sealed.
As understatement and Bojay clearly pointed out, you have no idea what you are talking about. So let me try to put it in simple terms so that even you with your non-logic can understand. For every factory sealed game in my collection there are literally between hundreds of thousands and millions of other copies available to be purchased, either online, in retail stores or even flea markets and yard sales. If you wanted to have any of the games in my collection all you would need to do is pretty much what the majority of people on DP do: get a job and start working for a living. Once you accomplish this you will be able to afford the games you want. And because they are all readily available(to those that can afford them) there is no silly market manipulation going on.

Like I said in my first post, if you like sealed video game collecting--cool. If you don't like sealed video game collecting thats also cool. But don't try making up random bullshit to try and convince people that collectors of sealed games has any direct affect on you or anyone else who wants those same games. Eventually all major collectibles go up in price and video games are no different, rather they are sealed or not.