Quote Originally Posted by Solo_Skywalker View Post
Reading all of these posts kind of makes me feel a bit better knowing that i'm not the only one who has had the dreaded sellers regret. Oh well, there is always the fun of hunting stuff down again.
Yeah I mean look at me. I'm just starting my 4th collection. Except for the first time when I was a teenager and sold things due to poor condition and emulators, the rest of my selling had to do with financial issues. But I realize I blamed financial struggle too much on simply losing my job. I realize if I had built my collection up more gradually instead of getting 70 system models and 1700 games in 3 years' time I would have had a lot more income in savings to lean back on when I needed to find a new job.

That is the key. Take the collecting more slowly and don't spend your money till its gone. Set an interval for buying things per month and follow that. Having extra money saved up instead of spent greatly reduces the chance of you having to resell your collection just to live. Time will tell if I have to sell the upcoming collection as well or not. Hopefully this will be the last one I decide to do, and hopefully I can keep this one reserved to my actual gaming experience only buying worthy titles. If I can't beat it or it made me too mad, I'm not going to put it in my display.