Thread: Spoony

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Spoony

Since hes done more older game reviews I decided to talk about him here.

I enjoy his movie reviews and most of his bad game reviews. Now Im watching his Final Fantasy game reviews, and at one point he talks about how cosplayers/anime fans need to police their own fandoms and stop looking like idiots, but if you couldnt tell or seen a panel he had recorded, hes also a WRESTLING FAN! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. He needs to stop being so literal about stuff too, like his rant on the prison in FF 8, maybe they made a traveling prison so no one could plan a break out and who cares about tax dollars going to that. He also is talking about the turn based combat, if people have a problem with people in those types of battles standing still then I hope you dont like MGS since people can only see 5 feet in front of them. All his complaints can be used in basically every video game ever made, so why bring them up only in these ones? People this literal just need to stick to reading nonfiction as a way of entertainment to themselves if theyre always going to complain out loud to others.

Something interesting though is some Russian and Hispanic fans translated his shows, thats really cool theyd do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default get over it...

Spoony is a character, he over emphasizes like AVGN, his videos are done purely for entertainment, if you take it seriously you are giving it far to much power.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Spoony is a character, but Noah Antwiler has no idea when to stop playing him. He's gotten into a lot of trouble before by being always "on."

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Noah has some serious psychological problems. He's admitted this - I think he spoke about being diagnosed with bipolar disorder some time back during his first big meltdown.

He's better, but a lot of his fans, myself included, stopped watching him after said meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
    Spoony is a character, he over emphasizes like AVGN, his videos are done purely for entertainment, if you take it seriously you are giving it far to much power.
    After being around people like him I can tell he really has those types of thoughts, but hes using it to the nth degree in the videos.

When did he have a break down, what did he do?
    Last edited by SOL BADGUY; 04-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SOL BADGUY View Post
    When did he have a break down, what did he do?
    He made a rape joke about someone in the same company he worked with and got fired from That Guy With the Glasses. He was always complaining about his fans from his own forums so it's hard to say when he had a break down as he probably had several. His reviews used to be funny at one point, going years back.

He hardly posts actual reviews anymore so I don't check his site that often anymore. He last posted a movie review a month ago and it was a part one of two with some other random gimmicky reviewer. It would have been nice if the second part of the review was actually finished around the same time but last I checked it's not posted anywhere. It's supposed to be posted on that other person's site but who knows when that will get finished.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    He made a rape joke about someone in the same company he worked with and got fired from That Guy With the Glasses. He was always complaining about his fans from his own forums so it's hard to say when he had a break down as he probably had several. His reviews used to be funny at one point, going years back.
    Ok, well thats not a break down, but its certainly tasteless. And its not a good idea to pick on your fans, since theyre your fans. :S

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post

He hardly posts actual reviews anymore so I don't check his site that often anymore. He last posted a movie review a month ago and it was a part one of two with some other random gimmicky reviewer. It would have been nice if the second part of the review was actually finished around the same time but last I checked it's not posted anywhere. It's supposed to be posted on that other person's site but who knows when that will get finished.
    You didn't see his Twitter feed. THAT'S where most of the meltdown happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    You didn't see his Twitter feed. THAT'S where most of the meltdown happened.
    https://encyclopediadramatica.se/The_Spoony_Experiment

Yeah, if you land on this site, youve got major issues :S

Sorry if I keep bumping this, but I finally found pics of the raep jokes on there, so then people could see em.

ED is a weird offensive site, but its so offensive to me its all moot, I actually found out of the AVGN from there :S I dont get the people who write on there if theyre actually trying to be mean or if theyre trolling trolls. If theyre really filled with that much hatred and are that horrible than theyre far worse than any of the stereotypes of the people theyre writing badly about.
    Last edited by SOL BADGUY; 04-05-2013 at 10:45 PM.