Thread: Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition for NA & EU!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition for NA & EU!

Namco has announced that they are bringing out a collector's edition package for Tales of Xillia.

Details: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11...-and-art-book/

Apparently, Europe is getting the CE edition, as well as "Day One" edition (similar to what they did for Tales of Graces F).

And for all those people worried that this will be repeat of the the Ni no Kuni CE fiaso, don't be! The game will available "at participating retailers" in NA instead through Namco's online store.

You can already pre-order it at Gamestop in-store and online, but EB Games in Canada doesn't have it listed yet as far as I know.

Gamestop link: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/ta...edition/109114

I really hope Canada is getting it to. I can't afford to pay extra to get it from the US site. Although, I have heard that EB Games is bit slower in updating their system and site, compared to their US counterpart. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

EDIT: Regarding EB Games Canada site, someone on Game FAQs called them up, and was told that their system should be updated with the CE on Monday.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 04-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Already put $25 down at Gamestop. But if it goes up on amazon I'll probably preorder from there instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

I will be saving up to get this bundle of joy!

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, the ToX CE did appear on the EB Games site today. However, it sold out within a matter of hours.

Fortunately for me, they were still taking pre-orders in store this afternoon. So I went down there ASAP and put in my pre-order.

Now all I have to do is wait until August!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon, and it looks like you can still add the preorder to your cart, even using the link you've got above.

I think this one will actually be produced to match demand, unlike the Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I ordered mine yesterday afternoon, and it looks like you can still add the preorder to your cart, even using the link you've got above.

I think this one will actually be produced to match demand, unlike the Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition.
    True, you can still order from the US Gamestop site. However, it appears that EB Games in Canada has a much lower allotment, and that's why it sold out so fast online. Heck, I've even heard rumors that they'll be stopping the in-store pre-orders soon as well.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UGH...I was in my local Gamestop today picking up my reserve copies of SMT: Soul Hackers and Pandora's Tower and forgot to pre-order that. It looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow before work.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    True, you can still order from the US Gamestop site. However, it appears that EB Games in Canada has a much lower allotment, and that's why it sold out so fast online. Heck, I've even heard rumors that they'll be stopping the in-store pre-orders soon as well.
    Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about Canada

I still need to finish Graces F anyway though, so I can wait on this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about Canada

I still need to finish Graces F anyway though, so I can wait on this one.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you regarding ToGf. I got up to the point where you get Pascal in your party, but then I got sidetracked by other games, and life in general.

Despite how big of a Tales fan I am, the sad fact is that I've only completed two games in the series so far. Tales of Symphonia (AWESOME!) and Tales of Tempest (BLEUGH!). The rest of Tales games I've got are in various stages of completion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BAH...I went in today to try and pre-order the CE and it wasn't listed in the computer anymore.

I tried to pre-order through the website and it's wanting the whole amount to process instead of the $25 deposit like in the store. I guess I'm gonna have to try my luck when it gets released and see if I can find a copy then because I don't have the full amount on my just sitting around.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    BAH...I went in today to try and pre-order the CE and it wasn't listed in the computer anymore.

I tried to pre-order through the website and it's wanting the whole amount to process instead of the $25 deposit like in the store. I guess I'm gonna have to try my luck when it gets released and see if I can find a copy then because I don't have the full amount on my just sitting around.
    Well, it looks like pre-orders are being stopped on both sides of the border. Like I said earlier in this thread, EB Games Canada sold out of their on-line allotment within a few hours, when it was put on their site on Wednesday. And according to someone the Cheap Ass Gamer forums, the CE was taken out their in-store system yesterday (Friday, April 19th).

I wouldn't be surprised if the US Gamestop site runs out pretty soon as well. It looks like this going just as elusive as the Ni no Kuni CE (except without the whole Digital River fiasco).

EDIT: Someone on the CAG forums was told by EB Games that Canada only has a total allocation of about 1,500! It makes me wonder how many the US got.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 04-21-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone who missed pre-ordering at Gamestop/EB Games, the CE is now available at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=appmatic-20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone who missed pre-ordering at Gamestop/EB Games, the CE is now available at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=appmatic-20
    I didn't complete the checkout but from the looks of it, Amazon requires the full price to pre-order just like Gamestop's website does.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I didn't complete the checkout but from the looks of it, Amazon requires the full price to pre-order just like Gamestop's website does.
    Incorrect if you are using a credit card. Neither Gamestop.com nor Amazon charge until the item ships.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you regarding ToGf. I got up to the point where you get Pascal in your party, but then I got sidetracked by other games, and life in general.

Despite how big of a Tales fan I am, the sad fact is that I've only completed two games in the series so far. Tales of Symphonia (AWESOME!) and Tales of Tempest (BLEUGH!). The rest of Tales games I've got are in various stages of completion.
    In my opinion, Tales games are all about the actual journey in the game, not the ending. Most of them have such well done characters that the best part is just playing the game with them, not whatever overarching story there is. Pascal is my favorite character in Graces by the way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my opinion, Tales games are all about the actual journey in the game, not the ending. Most of them have such well done characters that the best part is just playing the game with them, not whatever overarching story there is. Pascal is my favorite character in Graces by the way
    I can't argue with you there! The character interactions are one of the top reasons I love the Tales series. That, and the different styles of LMBS are unique compared to other real time battles in RPGs.

Although, I'm kinda mixed on whether I enjoy Graces f's system. I can't seem to get the timing down for the sidestep move.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm kinda on the fence about it, after all. I have both Tales of the Abyss (3DS version) and Tales of Vesperia, and I'm lukewarm about the games in the series I've played so far. I do prefer Vesperia to Abyss, though, but in both cases, I admit that I struggle with the fighting style. I still haven't tried out Tales of Graces f and I don't know if I will. Should I still try out Xilia or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Incorrect if you are using a credit card. Neither Gamestop.com nor Amazon charge until the item ships.
    I gave it a shot and it took. I was expecting a charge of some kind to manifest itself, possibly even an earmark check to see if funds were available but that wasn't the case. I have to say I'm not used to that and am leery that a shorted supply might result in them cancelling my order on me. Oh well, if that happens I still have a few friends in the GS system that might be able to help pin down an unpicked up CE. I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to that so now I just have to make sure the funds are on hand when the release date rolls around.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like the Amazon preorders are closed now too.

I went Symphonia, Vesperia, Ratatosk, and now Graces. A friend and I were talking about the differences in the battle system for Graces and it does take awhile to get used to. I haven't played Xillia so I can't comment on that.

For Graces at least, once you get higher level you also have more CC so it becomes easier to chain stuff and playing the game is a bit more forgiving. I had a hard time getting used to it, but I've also only been playing as Asbel. For me it seems like a lot of the goal is to attack, step back or aside and defend to regain CC and then head back in. If you can time it when others are attacking you can keep the chain rolling. My wife normally plays as Sophie though so I don't really follow her strategy. That is one of my favorite things though about Tales, an RPG that lets you do 2 players!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Gamestop.com has reopened preorders if anyone is still looking. Not sure how long it will last.