Thread: Classic Game Storage ( Atari 8-Bit Game Pictures Ahead)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Classic Game Storage ( Atari 8-Bit Game Pictures Ahead)

I was looking for new ways to store my game carts and also that would come in handy if i were to put them on book shelves. In the past Id lay them in stacks on the shelves but i wanted to do something similar to how people store DVDs and modern CD based games. So I came up with these 50 card count cases you can buy in packs of 2 at any Baseball Card shop ( 2 to a pack $1.00 per pack). These will fit most of the Atari 8 Bit style carts with ease. ( Romox carts are slightly too big for the carts But should fit into the 100 card count cases. I envisioned this working last week when I bought a 100 card count and found out I can fit 2 carts per case. I figure I can do some side labeling on the cases so you read what game is in each case. Cheap presentable and useful way to protect and manage your collection.

Atari 8 Bit cart inside for storage.

Group Shots.

Last edited by GamerTheGreek; 04-16-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'd print out some nice side labels for them, maybe with a scan of the original box on the back.

At some point in the '90s I got tired of not being able to store Atari Lynx games in anything but their original boxes which I didn't want to damage by taking games in and out of them, so I popped out the center piece of a CD jewel case and used a Dremel cutter to slice a notch in it before putting it back in the case. Then I sanded down the CD hub, and it fit the standard shaped games perfectly. I had to put some foam on the inside for the early odd-shaped games. I printed out side labels which looked okay, but a few years later I decided on the difficult task of scanning in every box I owned and printing proper jewel case labels with the cropped front and backs along with the game's name on the spine. After getting about a third of the way in, I set the project aside and never got back to it. It was a far more difficult project to do in 1998 than it is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like alot of work for the games, I assume it did do the job back in the 90s. Im working on making side labels for the boxes. Going to look for original text style box text for them. Should be interesting
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Might wanna check out www.thecoverproject.net and these things called "Universal Game Cases" as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Might wanna check out www.thecoverproject.net and these things called "Universal Game Cases" as well
    Interesting site I like it, problem is they only have 8 titles available. IF there was a generic of each kind of box art I could probably redo each one to the right title model number and find cover art on the web. I dont particularly need back art. Its something to think about. also needing to get the art down the size of the case should be fun to figure out also. I need to find a site that has the generic 8 bit boxes and then I can roll with your idea.

Check out my

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GamerTheGreek View Post
    Interesting site I like it, problem is they only have 8 titles available. IF there was a generic of each kind of box art I could probably redo each one to the right title model number and find cover art on the web. I dont particularly need back art. Its something to think about. also needing to get the art down the size of the case should be fun to figure out also. I need to find a site that has the generic 8 bit boxes and then I can roll with your idea.
    Like a template? Gotcha covered

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=1610.0