Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy N64 Everdrive - Closed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Group buy N64 Everdrive - Closed

Hey - seeing if there us any interest for an N64 Everdrive group buy. There is a Savings of $20 per unit, and I can also provide a shell and install the CIC chip at a cheaper rate than retrogate charges. Can we get at least 9 people interested? . What you guys think? :-)

http://shop.retrogate.com/EverDrive-64-v2-ED64.htm

I got several already interested on the pcfx forums. The per unit cost will be close to $80 for bare PCB and actual shipping to your ouse vis USPS. if you need a CIC chip and a shell for the everdrive units i can supply at an incremental charge (much less than retrogate). Dont miss out in this opportunity email me at pce.duor@gmail.com if your interested

I only have 6 extra shells right now so sign up quick if you are interested in that service.
    Last edited by duo_r; 04-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm tentatively interested, but how long are they back ordered for?

Quote Originally Posted by duo_r View Post
    Hey - seeing if there us any interest for an N64 Everdrive group buy. There is a Savings of $20 per unit, and I can also provide a shell and install the CIC chip at a cheaper rate than retrogate charges. Can we get at least 9 people interested? . What you guys think? :-)

http://shop.retrogate.com/EverDrive-64-v2-ED64.htm

I got several already interested on the pcfx forums. The per unit cost will be close to $80 for bare PCB and actual shipping to your ouse vis USPS. if you need a CIC chip and a shell for the everdrive units i can supply at an incremental charge (much less than retrogate). Dont miss out in this opportunity email me at pce.duor@gmail.com if your interested

I only have 6 extra shells right now so sign up quick if you are interested in that service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got an email from them yesterday saying they will restock in 10-15 days.

Quote Originally Posted by nusilver View Post
    I'm tentatively interested, but how long are they back ordered for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so your saying cheaper, whats total cost for everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also interested, but would like to know what the total is that you propose with a shell shipped in the US? Will you cut out the top of the shell for the SD card? I'd find my own common shell for it if not...

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a quote today for $805 for 10 umits shipped to my house. You then pay $80 plus shipping to your house. You will need a CIC chip and a case and dremel out the top for SD card access. Or you can buy a case from retrogate but its pricey. I can offer a service to you if you arent techie. I can provide chip and case for $7 (including soldering the chip for you) and dremel the top for a couple more bucks).

Here is a comparison:
    Single Everdrive Cost
    CIC Chip $15
    Shell $15
    Everdrive $99.99
    $129.99
    * * * * * * * * *+ shipping from overseas (for 1 unit shipping was $5 on my test order)
    * * * * *$135 approx with the CIC / Shell, about $105 + without

Groupbuy Cost:
    Everdrive $80
    Ship cost / delivery $4 (estimate, you pay exact USPS shipping fees)
    Estimate: * $84

OPTIONAL: CIC / Shell / Install / dremel - $9 ($2 of that is for the dremel work)

* Approx $93 with the CIC installed and shell and SD slot dremelled

This cart requires a CIC chip for your region, Retrogate charges $15 for the chip and another $15 for the shell (pretty pricey). I have some NTSC CIC chips and shells that I got from games that came with the needed CIC chip. I have included install cost above but that is totally optional, if you have your own game (make sure it has the right chip) then you can buy just the everdrive PCB for $80 plus shipping

Also - the delivery cost is just an estimate, you pay actual shipping to your house + the shared group ship cost. I need to get an estimate so this may go up or down slightly. Overall you can see you get a pretty good deal on the Everdrive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 6 shells / CIC chips that i already got that are ready to go. Keep in mind you need the correct CIC chip for your region (6102 is the one you want for NTSC for example) i can send a list of what games have what chip if you are interested. My shells are gray so if you want a difference color you can ship to me or just install yourself. Keep in mind you will need a special tool to open the games i got mine for like $5 off ebay.

Honestly not trying to make $$$ here just offering a service for those that need it / arent as technical. I encourage you to install yourself if you can. Its a small cost for my time to do the work which i will ensure you will be happy with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also asking people send $ once we are ready to rock via paypal gift or please cover the paypal fee. So far we have anout 5-6 ready to order from pcefx.com so we are getting close to order.

If anyone wants to check my credentials i am user vtec-typer on ebay, and Duo_r on many of the forums. After this groupbuy i will do more for other systems in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

count me in for the whole shebang, I appreciate your getting the case, dremel, CIC chip, all that. not tech enough to put it all together myself. PM when ready.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check it out, designed a cover for Universal Game Case.....sorry for the watermark don't have the "pro" version..... =)

[Update 4/19] Made a Blue and Red version and designed a cart label. If there is enough interest I can have these made, I already have the Universal Game Cases and can print covers for it, working on a quote for the cart labels. If anyone has experience with cart label repros or knows of a good source let me know.

and now a label design

Last edited by duo_r; 04-19-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interested, but I won't be able to send money till next month. Got one of my annual offroad/camping trips at the end of the month.
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone thats is interested please send me a PM. I am asking for 50% down for total cost now and then the remaining balance will be paid prior to these shipping out.

How many will order just a bare PCB?

Also the game case / label will be Another option for everyone, more on that soon After I get label printing quotes.

Last call since we have about 10 ready to go (I have about 6 interested on the pcenginefx forums).

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Also tentatively interested. Would like it with the chip, dremeled shell, and label if you will still have all of those options. Is the Everdrive 64 the best flashcart available? I know of 3 other, the Ever64, 64drive, and the Neo N64 Myth.
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 04-20-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's by Krikkz all of his carts are pretty awesome. With patches on a few games its 100% compatible. So yeah based on what I read the best for N64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

k down payments coming in and officially we got room for one more! Shoot me a PM if interested.

I did a test on the cart label, turned out pretty nice. Ok need to know how many are interested in the case and label. I will PM for cost estimate next week. I am out of universal game cases so will need to place a bulk order.

Here is ballpark - $12 for case, custom designed insert, instruction card and cart label. You will have a professional looking everdrive and the design wont be posted on the internet. Cost is for bulk ordering of cases since I am out, design and printing of the insert and professional label. I will also stand behind the label if it peels I will issue a replacement for a period of 1 yr, but if it happens after that just shoot me a PM.

If you compare this to the other deluxe editions this is an incredible value. Please let me know which option you are interested in. *

If not enough want the full package then I will just work on a cart label - estimate 3 for that - should get exact amount this week.

So far received down payments from:
    Jeff G
    Ianoid

Last edited by duo_r; 04-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I'd better think about this. Could connect by svideo to this XRGB...
    Lum fan.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

So you're saying about $105 including the card, CIC installation, label, Dremel, UGC, etc.? What was the deposited amount again?

If anyone needs to find a CIC-6102, this is a list of which games used what.

http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.e...save_list.html
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok I had so many options available I wanted to streamline it into 3 main options that everyone can choose from:

Core Package $80+shipping
    just the Everdrive PCB. Your a modder, you got the time, no problem! You will need to get a game with the proper CIC chip, for US you will want CIC-6102. I got mine from NFL Quarterback 98 & 99. There are lists on the internet or send me an email (I have an excel spreadsheet with CIC list for every region.

Note - we are getting V2 boards, this photo is just so you know this is just the bare PCB, that's it

Basic Package - $92 + shipping (note this is with a printed label, without it's 89 as I previously quoted)

Your not comfortable desoldering chips and resoldering, or your dremel work will be sketchy...no problem, this one is for you (or your just cramped for time). Includes:

* Required CIC chip installed (note I only have access to NTSC US games, so if you need elsewhere shoot me a PM)
    * Dremel work for SD slot (I can show you later an Everdrive MD I did, very clean)
    * Label - again this is optional for this package, remove $3 if you don't want a label
    * Gray cart used - from the donor CIC game

Deluxe Package - $101 + shipping

You eye-balled the deluxe packages elsewhere but never liked that over the top deluxe price....this option is for you.

You get:

* Everything from the basic package
    * Universal Game Case
    * Glossy insert for the game case
    * Simple instruction card for your Everdrive
    * Label for the cart

Pick your package - send over 50% deposit of the selected package to my paypal (send me a PM). I will notify when the Everdrive arrive and work is finished. 2nd payment is due before they ship out to you.

Please send payment as a gift or add a few bucks to cover fees. I am not doing this to make $$$ more of a service for those that need help installing or want to get a deal on the PCB. And like you want to get a discount on an Everdrive. If this works out well you can expect me to possibly organize more of these.

Also - Everdrives require SD cards - these are easily available so not going to setup options to buy. Just an idea I just bought an 8GB on ebay for $6, just make sure the seller is selling you a genuine card since those work better than the fakes / copies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Count me in for your deluxe approach. If you need a cartridge case and it would save me a bit more than the $3 to send it to you, I can probably dig one up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok we only need 2 more down payments and we will be complete