Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the new XBOX or PS4, and why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Default Who is getting the new XBOX or PS4, and why?

Well we had a who is not getting one. So thought I would make a who is getting one, and why. For me I am getting the new XBOX the day it is released, because I have been a XBOX live guy for years and have tons of friends that I have met through those years on live.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PS4. Not going to be day one. Going to wait until I'm interested in more games and a sale on some of the games I'm interested in, but definitely going to get one. Infamous Second Son is the one I'm most interested in, but Watch Dogs, and that's it.

There's been a lot of exclusive IPs that were developed for the PS3 that I've enjoyed that I'm sure will stay exclusive, especially considering that a portion of those are first party. Yakuza since it's bigger in Japan, has been Sony exclusive each console, and the 360 didn't sell well where it sold most, Uncharted since it's first party, LBP since it's first party, and Infamous which is, again, first party.

If the Next Box has bc and/or has a lot of exclusives I'm interested in, I'll end up getting it as well. It'll be exclusives though.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Im very interested in the new playstation but of course I will not buy one right when they come out. They always seem to have problems in the beginning and they always cost the most right at launch. All the better games are put out later, so I dont see any reason in paying 50$ for software which can be purchased a year or 2 later for 5-20$.

Then again, if they were to release Mavel vs Capcom 4 sooner rather than later I would somehow come up with 400$ for a system and 50$ for the game. It depends what and when they release for the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, put it this way, if I don't get the new Playstation or Xbox on it's launch day, that will be the first time that has ever happened. Got PS1, PS2, Xbox 1, Xbox 360 and PS3 all on their respective launch days. However, this is the first time that both of them are coming on the same year. I'm going to need to see some games that really impress the hell out of me to get me to cough up 400 quid, along with 60 quid for the game. You know there will be some other accessories that are needed, and the grand total is going over $500. That's a good sum of money to throw at something, when I've already got an epic backlog staring at me, making me feel guilty. I have so many Steam games that are just wondering when I'm ever going to fire them up again... (or for the first time for that matter...)

Yet, here I am, pondering buying two new consoles, even with tons of unfinished gaming business to take care of.

Again, gotta see a couple of really impressive games on both systems. Really, I need two or three games that make the whole thing worth it. Looking back at getting the PS3 at launch, it really wasn't worth it. Resistance was good, but the rest of the lineup was lackluster ports that didn't run very well. Looking back at the 360 launch, it was actually pretty decent. I really enjoyed Kameo and NBA 2K6 and Call of Duty 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins and Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the first one). I know when you think of all those games now, none of them really stand the test of time (maybe Call of Duty 2), but still, I enjoyed the heck out of those games during the 360 launch. Everything felt really next-gen to me, and I was pleased with my purchase.

I need to see a few killer games on each system to plunk down the coin. Infamous Second Son could be one of those games for me. DriveClub, not so much (would much rather see a new Motorstorm). Killzone.... eh.... I'm not sure. Maybe....

You know what could really get me hyped ? Some next-gen sports. Sports games usually have to scrap everything they've done before in terms of the game engine, and start from scratch. Sometimes you get a really breakthrough sports game that blows you away, because it's running a brand new, next-gen engine. NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360 was one of those games that came along and really impressed the hell out of me with it's next-gen basketball. Maybe there will be a new Madden or a new NHL Hockey or a Fifa that just looks absolutely mind blowing. You never know....

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Ps4 for me, most likely going to wait for black friday, main reason is i have about 170 dollars worth of credit with costco from some returns so i might as well.

If not for that i'd probably wait about a year
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Won't be getting one on launch day, but I'll pick one up when the games line up is decent. Probably leaning towards Xbox at this point, though my 360 died a few months back from Halo 4 and I haven't felt the need to replace it.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS4 maybe 2-3 years after launch. Simply because I'm a fan of RPG and there will be some exclusive at this point for the PS4.

I never bothered with XBOX.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The mandatory Kinect might be a deal-breaker for me on the next Xbox. That and Microsoft's apparent intent on becoming a media hub rather than a dedicated games machine. Sony appears to be more focused on the core gaming experience, so I'm leaning towards the PS4 at the moment. But hey, Microsoft has yet to make their announcement in a few days and their presentation just might sway me. But for now I'm much more interested in the new Playstation.
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Insert Coin (Level 0) cholkavich's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

ps4 for me for battlefield 4 and because I have a VITA. Also I really enjoy the sony exclusive titles.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I'm pretty certain that I'll be a day one adopter for PS4 based on everything I saw at the official Playstation 4 reveal. I'm typically fine weathering the storm of Sony or any platform's first-year post-launch software droughts.

I'm eager to see what Microsoft shows off in their conference for the next XBOX. I sincerely hope that they have a renewed focus on games, exclusives and new 1st party or exclusive IPs since I'm not a fan of Halo, Gears or Forza.

If they manage to have a similar showing to Sony's I'll probably early adopt the next XBOX too.

I'm also ESPECIALLY looking forward to a fucking name reveal on the system so we don't have deal with 100 variations on rumored system titles (Durango, Infinity, XBOX Next, etc.), that shit just annoys the hell out of me.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Definitely getting both. I'm really excited about this generation as having well known PC hardware designs for once really should free creativity on the part of developers and make it easier to create great games early in the console life cycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm really excited about this generation as having well known PC hardware designs for once really should free creativity on the part of developers and make it easier to create great games early in the console life cycle.
    Didn't the Xbox use an Intel Pentium III, and the GameCube and Wii use IBM PowerPC CPUs, both of which were established PC hardware designs?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Didn't the Xbox use an Intel Pentium III, and the GameCube and Wii use IBM PowerPC CPUs, both of which were established PC hardware designs?
    The processors on those consoles were pretty standard PC designs, but the rest of the architecture on the GC and Wii certainly were not and the Xbox had a number of quirks involving the graphics processor and memory management/bus issues that made straight PC ports fairly difficult. My understanding is that the dev kits and middle ware for PS4 and Durango are virtually identical to PCs in just about every way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Both eventually. I'll still look for games before I get the consoles just to see what comes out but I won't change my purchasing habits. I'll still wait until games are down to $20.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I'm sure I'll end up with both but I'm in no hurry so it'll be at least a solid year after they come out before I buy them. Like others have said I'll wait for some price drops on the consoles and games, as well as let other people be the ones to figure out the problems so I can buy the second or third version of the console once everything's ironed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Definitely getting both.
    Thats what I usually do but my entertainment time is not what it use to be. I mean, I'm sure I will get them both eventually but this time I may just get an XB1 and hold off on a PS4 for a few years. But even with the XB1 I'm not sure I'll be getting one this year or not. I still have a gazillion 360, PS3 and Wii games I haven't played yet.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

I will buy an Xbox One (name keeps reminding me of that terrible Jet Li movie) when they shut down my Xbox 360 online access. I currently have all three current gen systems but my family & friends end up playing the Xbox 360 95% of the time. I play my PS3 more often but the ONLY PS3 games that are played by my family & friends are Singstar & Buzztime Quiz. The only Wii games they play are Mario Party games and if they are looking to pick a fight we will play New SMB (we have a hard time coordinating our characters)
    Last edited by Clownzilla; 05-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    I will buy an Xbox One
    Well, you do like GM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to make a thread, but this ties into it well, so Ill ask my question here:

Who owns/works at a used game store, and what are your plans about the Xbox One? How cheap will you buy the games for and sell them since people who buy them will have to pay a fee ontop of all that to play them? And if a exploit is found which Microsoft cant get rid of wit ha firmware update, will you then charge the same as Wii U/PS4 used games, and outright tell people how to exploit it?

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Not sure yet. Looking at my system collection, I have bought 7 consoles on release day and this MAY be the first time I don't get one at launch. I'm still waiting to see what the whole story is on the PS4 come E3 so that might change but it took me a year to get a 360 and it's still my least played system so who knows....
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine