Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wii U losing all upcoming EA games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well Ed that is interesting, but it's still at this rate PR talk. We have games, ok what games? You canned a couple, and list nothing. I'm curious to see what they have floating around. If it's Wii like shovelware to make a few bucks off chumps, they can keep it. I think as it was said, they have no idea what they're doing.

The one thing is clear, is that 'The One' is the model they want and I think Rob is dead wrong on that. Nintendo isn't looking better at all, it's looking worse in respect to third party greed. The One requires being online to windows like authenticate once every 24hrs, and they'll have some fee to make used games work but they will (gee no wonder they canned EA Pass conveniently just before this news came out.) PS4 could go this route too, we'll know in weeks from now, but it would be no surprise. Perhaps this is the ultimate WHY the WiiU is having a problem with third parties. They're control freaks and out of character for once Nintendo isn't the control freak in the room as they're not locking and hitting people with fees in such a manner. Imagine game stores having fewer USED games for MS/Sony and then the prices being higher or even with WiiU used on the shelf because they pad the fee into the cost, but the stocks being small as used stores will pay X dollars (to cover the relicensing fee) less to get such titles. In that retarded way Nintendo could have the benefit of a lot of stock on the shelf used and new(if they get their shit together on releases) and look like the more plentiful and least restrictive machine. It's all a grab bag of greed and mystery at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. To EA and other large publishers, the Xbox One is the most exciting news they have ever had. It essentially projects the same PC licensing model that they love onto the console world. They can soften their position all they want and appear to be consumer friendly, but ultimately it's about money for them and they will go wherever the most can be made with the least amount of effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    The one thing is clear, is that 'The One' is the model they want and I think Rob is dead wrong on that. Nintendo isn't looking better at all, it's looking worse in respect to third party greed. ... Perhaps this is the ultimate WHY the WiiU is having a problem with third parties. They're control freaks and out of character for once Nintendo isn't the control freak in the room as they're not locking and hitting people with fees in such a manner. Imagine game stores having fewer USED games for MS/Sony... Nintendo could have the benefit of a lot of stock on the shelf used and new(if they get their shit together on releases) and look like the more plentiful and least restrictive machine.
    Good points. I under-estimated third-party publisher greed. One thing is sure- this console generation, third-parties will show their *true* colors, like EA is already doing. Some third-parties will go the super-greedy, anti-consumer route and others will go the less restrictive, more consumer-friendly route.

I imagine at least a few gamers out there who were expecting Microsoft to hit a homerun with the new Xbox are feeling betrayed and rethinking the more consumer-friendly Wii U.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Good points. I under-estimated third-party publisher greed. One thing is sure- this console generation, third-parties will show their *true* colors, like EA is already doing. Some third-parties will go the super-greedy, anti-consumer route and others will go the less restrictive, more consumer-friendly route.

I imagine at least a few gamers out there who were expecting Microsoft to hit a homerun with the new Xbox are feeling betrayed and rethinking the more consumer-friendly Wii U.
    Unlikely. Assming the PS4 is fairly consumer friendly, I think many former Xbox gamers will simply switch to that platform.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I have not seen a Wii U commercial either, although I don't watch kiddie channels all day/night either, so maybe I missed one.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I keep cartoon network, boomerang, and disney stuff on daily due to circumstances (and interests too) and I've never seen an ad. It's not just people missing channels or other such bad luck, they're just really not running ads and when they do it's likely specific markets and few and far between too. Like I've said before between two states just pre-launch to now I've seen just two ads, maybe three at most.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Well you wonder if Nintendo is just scraping up whatever pennies it can find? The 3DS is selling well, but the Wii U has slowed to a pretty bad crawl, especially in Japan.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Im not a huge EA fan, I dont play the sports titles, and after the great reviews of NFS: Most wanted I bought it and hated it. Forza has ruined me and the physics in NFS are horrid, not quite an arcade racer (which I can have fun with) and not quite a sim, kinda stuck in the middle, pretty much been par for NFS since Carbon (although I have memories of a single NFS game a friend had that I thoroughly enjoyed, maybe shift).

I loved the 360, i bought a Wii and had fun for awhile, til the good games came few and far between, so I bought the 360, and now have a huge library (and backlog) for the console. I loved XBL, the controller, the games, pretty much everything, and expected great things from its successor, but now I have no intention of getting one, and its gonna take alot for me to skip Forza 5. All the guys I work with play with me on XBL, and we were talking about it today. They said MS could pretty much release anything and we would have been for it, but they were all pretty offended by the reveal. We now all went from absolutely yes, to being split between absolutely no and on the fence.

A small percentage of gamers care about a reveal, not many of the casual gamers care to follow it, and the reveal seems to have offended a big part of the people it is aimed at, seems counter productive to me.

I was on the fence with buying a Wii U, going back and forth from week to week, but after the Xbox One reveal, Im buying a Wii U on my next day off. If only to put my money were my mouth is and support Nintendo for their direction. Ill probably buy up all the great wii games i missed at the end and just play them.

I probably wont play any EA games on the Wii U but I do kinda hope they come back to the U, because so many people do buy their games, and Id like for the U to become a successful console, partly because I have always loved Nintendo, and partly because I hate what MS has done.

Now eagerly waiting for Sonys announcements. The PS2 was one of my favorite consoles and if I made a list of my top 10 favorite RPGs I bet a good chunk of them would be from the PS1 and PS2. I have always liked Sonys console, so i hope they pull through, and then I can have my Wii U and then a PS4 but Sony will have to earn my money.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Yup EA is totally in bed with Microsoft

I'm fine with EA not making games for Nintendo, there absence will hopefully bring in some new talent

What I don't like is EA owning exclusive rights to make games with the FIFA franchise ( as example ) and then they skip Nintendo. It's not that I want an EA game, but it would be cool for someone, like Sega to step in and show them how to make a sports game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nothing is stopping others from doing sports, just won't be licensed unless they can edge in between contract renewals. Sometimes the best sports titles are not licensed because they can stay fresh and require more work to stand out so it isn't just a yearly rerun with stat upgrades.

EA also has clarified their shady ramblings they are making them, just less games than the others will get.

Opti did raise some good points on Nintendo and this One shamble of a reveal. If you're really going to get it, might I suggest while pricy, Metroid Prime Trilogy. Three solid games, two made far more solid and playable since you can aim right using the pointer versus the broken way the GC handled it. Indiana Jones Staff of Kings is a great one, also for free has a full second game the SCUMM engine Indy and the Fate of Atlantis noted by many as the characters best game. Sky Crawlers is great too, made by Ace Combat developers it is a solid flight game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like the Wii U is losing out on Ubisoft games now as well until sales improve.

Link

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Nothing is stopping others from doing sports, just won't be licensed unless they can edge in between contract renewals. Sometimes the best sports titles are not licensed because they can stay fresh and require more work to stand out so it isn't just a yearly rerun with stat upgrades.

EA also has clarified their shady ramblings they are making them, just less games than the others will get.

Opti did raise some good points on Nintendo and this One shamble of a reveal. If you're really going to get it, might I suggest while pricy, Metroid Prime Trilogy. Three solid games, two made far more solid and playable since you can aim right using the pointer versus the broken way the GC handled it. Indiana Jones Staff of Kings is a great one, also for free has a full second game the SCUMM engine Indy and the Fate of Atlantis noted by many as the characters best game. Sky Crawlers is great too, made by Ace Combat developers it is a solid flight game.
    this is really backwards. Why spend money on the Wii U just to suggest old games to play on it? Obviously another reason why it is failing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Looks like the Wii U is losing out on Ubisoft games now as well until sales improve.

Link
    Can't really blame them. Ubisoft has very strongly supported both the Wii and Wii U from their very beginning. But at the end of the day they still need to make money so games and systems need to be sold.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.