Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparing Upcoming PS4 with Xbox One

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Comparing Upcoming PS4 with Xbox One

So can we compare what we know thus far of the Xbox One with the Ps4?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Here's a link to the specs. I did originally print screen and post an image of some others, but there were errors and didn't show all the specs.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136756
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-21-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

So basically no real appreciable difference, once again it comes down to exclusives and who nickel and dimes you less
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    So basically no real appreciable difference, once again it comes down to exclusives and who nickel and dimes you less
    Yeah, especially on the nickel and diming.

Supposedly, there will be a fee to transfer ownership of a game from one gamertag to another. Unfortunately, there has been no other details in regards to how much this will cost, etc, etc.

You gotta wonder what GameFly and RedBox think about that. Is Sony doing the same thing ? Sony really hasn't said anything about the issue, other than they did say that you will be able to use used games. They didn't say "how" you would be able to use second hand games, and they didn't say if there was a fee or not. I think when they were asked about that, they said they would have more to say on the issue later, and said that it was something that would be worked out with their partners (publishers).

So, right now, we really don't know the full scoop in the whole used game scenario with these two consoles. This factor will be a HUGE factor in the overall scheme of things, so it's pretty hard to argue one way or the other.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yoshida said it would be up to the publishers, and then a UK rep stated that they weren't exactly sure of it yet. All I know is that if PS4 also blocks used games, I'll wait a lot longer before I get one, if I get one, and pad the rest of my collection instead. I'm not a fan of digital or DRM, so if my disc is pretty much a coaster out of the box, or tied to my console with some DRM, then I'm not happy with it no matter what console developer it is.

The exclusives on the PS4 will be better overall, atleast in my opinion based on PS3 exclusives, so to play those exclusives and future multiconsole titles I'll still get the system. Going by previous gens, online be free with Sony and not paid. I don't care about apps and such that will be on the Xbox One, because any app I'm interested in I can download on my PC.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Yeah, especially on the nickel and diming.

Supposedly, there will be a fee to transfer ownership of a game from one gamertag to another. Unfortunately, there has been no other details in regards to how much this will cost, etc, etc.

You gotta wonder what GameFly and RedBox think about that. Is Sony doing the same thing ? Sony really hasn't said anything about the issue, other than they did say that you will be able to use used games. They didn't say "how" you would be able to use second hand games, and they didn't say if there was a fee or not. I think when they were asked about that, they said they would have more to say on the issue later, and said that it was something that would be worked out with their partners (publishers).

So, right now, we really don't know the full scoop in the whole used game scenario with these two consoles. This factor will be a HUGE factor in the overall scheme of things, so it's pretty hard to argue one way or the other.
    Agreed. Sony also didn't say what their plans are for PSN on the PS4. I can't imagine that it's going to be free again, especially with all the effort they are dumping into the social networking and other aspects of the console that cost significant money to develop and maintain. As disappointed as I am in the Xbox One announcement, the fact that Microsoft is going down the road of tying games to a particular account and giving developers and publishers the option of having their games require a net connection leads me to believe that the PS4 will be very similar. If that's the case, I definitely might be holding off on both systems this coming generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been reading the fee will be $10.00.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Yoshida said it would be up to the publishers, and then a UK rep stated that they weren't exactly sure of it yet. All I know is that if PS4 also blocks used games, I'll wait a lot longer before I get one, if I get one, and pad the rest of my collection instead. I'm not a fan of digital or DRM, so if my disc is pretty much a coaster out of the box, or tied to my console with some DRM, then I'm not happy with it no matter what console developer it is.

The exclusives on the PS4 will be better overall, atleast in my opinion based on PS3 exclusives, so to play those exclusives and future multiconsole titles I'll still get the system. Going by previous gens, online be free with Sony and not paid. I don't care about apps and such that will be on the Xbox One, because any app I'm interested in I can download on my PC.
    Thats ultimately the deciding factor for me, free online vs paid online for a comparable expierence.

I have full faith in sony's exclusives sealing the deal, but i refuse to pay for online just on general principle, if i bought the system, bought the game and already pay a monthly internet bill, why the fuck should i have to pay you for the priviledge of playing peer to peer since your servers exist only for show basically

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac View Post
    Even if the fee is 1 dollar its fucking bullshit

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's a totally made-up number that people were speculating about because that's how much EA charged under their old on-line pass scheme.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    That's a totally made-up number that people were speculating about because that's how much EA charged under their old on-line pass scheme.
    Regardless of what the actual price of the fee turns out to be...it's still ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

you know what i just realized? if you dont have access to internet for whatever reason, you're basically fucked on the xbox one no?

if you cant log on to put in your stupid fucking code, basically youre assed out now right? jesus christ, microsoft is like the antichrist man lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think this surprised most of us. Exclusives and price will absolutely play a factor but this time each systems non-gaming capabilities/applications may persuade casual buyers to one system or the other. Based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't give either the edge and since they are both holding stuff back for E3 we unfortunately have to wait a bit longer to see if either has any real game-changers up their sleeves for the next gen.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

microsoft is like the antichrist
    That's what computer users have been saying for 25 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

NOPE!

According to destructoid and a couple of other sources, the used game fee is going to be, wait or it......FULL MSRP!!!!

YAYYYYYYYY!!!! Now you too can know the joys of being assfucked by the corporate machine!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS4 not included yet, but: http://i.imgur.com/bXKSmTA.jpg

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    PS4 not included yet, but: http://i.imgur.com/bXKSmTA.jpg
    You know, posting stuff like that makes it very hard to take you seriously. I'm guessing that rather than a concerned gamer, you're actually a Microsoft hater, am I right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

you know what i just realized? if you dont have access to internet for whatever reason, you're basically fucked on the xbox one no?

According to Phil Harrison (now with Microsoft), the console needs to go online at least once every 24 hours to authenticate. At least I read something like that somewhere today.

Is it just me, or is there a dark cloud floating over the gaming industry today ? Seems like we all knew this industry was going to go to hell in a big way, real soon, but we were all hoping we might get one more generation before it all went to shit. Unfortunately, the bell has tolled. The New World Order starts on November 19th, 2013 .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

According to Phil Harrison (now with Microsoft), the console needs to go online at least once every 24 hours to authenticate. At least I read something like that somewhere today.

Is it just me, or is there a dark cloud floating over the gaming industry today ? Seems like we all knew this industry was going to go to hell in a big way, real soon, but we were all hoping we might get one more generation before it all went to shit. Unfortunately, the bell has tolled. The New World Order starts on November 19th, 2013 .
    I say let it crash.
    SEGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it just me, or is there a dark cloud floating over the gaming industry today? Seems like we all knew this industry was going to go to hell in a big way, real soon, but we were all hoping we might get one more generation before it all went to shit. Unfortunately, the bell has tolled. The New World Order starts on November 19th, 2013 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwj_Chim View Post
    I say let it crash.
    A crash might be a bit too extreme, but the industry definitely needs a rebirth, or at least rethink its priorities.

And I think after Microsoft's Xbox One unveiling, a lot of Wii U haters (developers, publishers, *and* gamers) are changing their view now. EA already changed its mind following the One announcement: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...ng-wii-u-games