Thread: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on PS3 8/27

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on PS3 8/27

Zero interest in buying a game that has a monthly subscription fee, but posting this for those interested in the PS3 version finally coming out. I've had plenty of time to try out the beta, but hopefully in the future this will be free on PS3 or PC like DC Universe. I'll try it out then.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...rs-ed-details/
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm interested in trying it and should be in phase 3 beta as I have been registered since FFXI. I imagine the beta will help me make my decision, that and the general interest of the community which at this point seems fairly positive.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 05-27-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm kinda interested. I already play WoW, so I'm not clamoring for another monthly fee type game, but if it's got a 30 free trial via PSN+ or something, I'd be willing to poke my head in.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I just got an email allowing me to join the PS3 beta. So I'll atleast try the beta out.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Been playing this on PC and gotta say they have done a helluva job. They have listened to nearly everything that was originally complained about when it first launched and redesigned it to a very nice classic feeling Final Fantasy experience, it actually feels like Final Fantasy now.

The story and setup is roughly the same but gone is the static and cumbersome introduction replaced by focused mission structure to get you going and learn your way around town instead of following a narrow ass path to a stupid generic Leve system where before you got to your "mouse on a wheel duties".

That's right, the generic lame ass way that you leveled before is gone "thank god" as a core gameplay focus and after taking a tour around town the mission structure instead opens up into a beautiful open world type environment that has plenty of elbow room and day and night cycles. Also the "FATE" system is fantastic and should overall add to longevity/community interaction:http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/news/article/130614_fate

The new UI is amazingly good, better so than even some of the most current games on the market, very intuitive and user adjustable/friendly. It is crazy to remember the piece of shit UI from before has turned into such a slick smooth UI, it is really really nice and the combat has had a complee revamp and it now plays more like FFXII than FFXI. You can now que moves while you move and they will execute while moving and/or jumping fast instead of slow gameplay.], it is way faster now, it can't be expressed enough, they have made the gameplay WAY FASTER.

Lastly the graphics are beautiful. Better than any MMORPG graphically on the market. 3D textures, animations and models are just plain superb and gorgeous, way better than before and hard to believe it runs as well as it does considering how gorgeous it is, you will love every nuance of your character right down to when you slip on a new pair of gloves, everything looks fantastic and really pulls you into your character and the environment.

Sorry, this post turned out longer than I planned but hopefully people disappointed by FFXIV before give the new version a try cause it is deserving of a second chance and it is quite magical.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 06-16-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Also I HIGHLY respect the mission statement of the game director as far as MMO as a business model, say what you will about subscription based vs. F2P but Final Fantasy has some balls and or lack of a better terminology "dedication" when it comes to talking about how they feel about MMO gaming as a business model.

Their response reminds me of that of old mom and pop places in the us, more small down home family oriented good ole stuff. Not the quick heartless cash grab of todays business.

Sure FFXIV had a rocky start at first, but there has been much explained why and that the original team was trying to think outside the box but ended up not doing well, it has been admitted and changes were made, people played free for like a year they canned the old project and are now coming back with full dedication.

This article alone makes me happy to read and it is good to know companies like Square-Enix still exist, cause despite that it seems popular to diss and ridicule them these days, they are one of the only companies out their actually trying imho:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/fi...lay-exclusive/