Thread: Samus Varia Suit statue

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Samus Varia Suit statue

Hi,

I've had my Varia Suit statue up for sale on this site and on a website in the Netherlands. So far I've received bids up to 175 euro and I was a bit surprised to receive such high bids within 2 days of time. Then I started to look up what other people are selling these for but couldn't find any current auctions on eBay and some other sites.

So, the question of course is: WHAT'S IT WORTH? Is 175 euro a decent price or is it worth much more?

The pictures and description of what I'm selling can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...t-4-figures%29

Any ideas/tips/info is very much appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My question to help decide if 175 euro is a good price, is what did you pay for it? I own my own business, we are resellers, so we rarely have any attachment to the products that we buy and sell. Our rule of thumb is that we want to triple our money. If I buy a game for 5 bucks, I want to try to sell for 15, if it is not worth 15 I will pass. So if 175 euro is 3x what you paid for it, then yes, it is a good price.

Other things that help us determine our pricing is if we are tired of it sitting around in inventory, or if it really isn't worth what we thought an item would be worth when we bought it. At that point we still get what we paid for out of the item on the sale. Something that may be affecting your reasoning is if you are attached to the item, if you need the money for something else. This is why as resellers, we do not become attached to our items, they are all dollar signs to us, helps us to move inventory.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the response! I see your point, but I am not a reseller. This is something that comes out of my personal collection and I bought it when it originally came out for 100 euro's (or dollars, not sure). Unfortunately I have to sell among some other items as I'm not too rich at the moment and need to pay for some more important things.

Anyway I know these must have become pretty rare over time as I can't find any copy of it for sale. However I don't need 300 euro's for it if that's not the current value of it. So if 175 is what they go by nowadays then I'm fine with it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samus-Aran-M...item4173bec2a1

you should do pretty decent with the auction.

The Phazon suit version seems to be going for much more.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Enmity! I will keep my eye on that auction to see for how much it sells. Maybe I'll just put my statue on eBay.com as well.

I must say that I do find it curious that there were already 35 bids after one day, 33 being from the same person. Funny that the Phazon suit ones are selling for even more btw, I remember they weren't THAT popular when they came out compared to the Varia Suit and of course the Fusion Suit of which only 250 have been made.