ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Default XBox 360E vs Wii U

Already I currently own an Xbox 360 Elite. I did RROD last year and Microsoft refused to fix it without payment so I fixed it myself and to date it has worked without any other issues.

I've been looking at getting a 360 S so I won't have to worry about it breaking down on me later not to mention for the quieter fans. I'm tired of it sounding like a plane taking o when I try to play a game and being forced to crank the volume up.

What my question is should I buy the new 360 E or should I use the money for a Wii U? I know there currently aren't many good games for the Wii U but it does have some fun games that I can't play otherwise and my current 360 does work.

Let me know which console you think I should buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    Already I currently own an Xbox 360 Elite. I did RROD last year and Microsoft refused to fix it without payment so I fixed it myself and to date it has worked without any other issues.

I've been looking at getting a 360 S so I won't have to worry about it breaking down on me later not to mention for the quieter fans. I'm tired of it sounding like a plane taking o when I try to play a game and being forced to crank the volume up.

What my question is should I buy the new 360 E or should I use the money for a Wii U? I know there currently aren't many good games for the Wii U but it does have some fun games that I can't play otherwise and my current 360 does work.

The Wii U is a dead-man walking. 3rd party publishers have pretty much cut the line on the console and even ports from the current consoles don't appear to be happening. I'd suggest saving your money and buying a PS4 in the fall.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 06-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bubble_Man's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't expect the wii U to win next gen by a long shot, but I anticipate that its sales will vastly improve once in-demand titles like Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart are released. The nearest exclusives are Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. If those 2 games appeal to you, it would probably be okay to get a wii u. If not, I'd put it off until 2014.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble_Man View Post
    I don't expect the wii U to win next gen by a long shot, but I anticipate that its sales will vastly improve once in-demand titles like Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart are released. The nearest exclusives are Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. If those 2 games appeal to you, it would probably be okay to get a wii u. If not, I'd put it off until 2014.
    If you want to play a lot of Nintendo's titles, get the system. If you plan on playing 3rd party titles and exclusive 3rd party titles, the Wii U is probably the last console to fill that gap well. As well as the original Wii sold, it still left a lot of 3rd party publishers with poor sales of good titles. They aren't too eager to jump on making the same mistakes with the Wii U.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well to me the choice is clear. Gaming system versus all in one media center DRM box with a required internet connection so your games will even fire up and an obtrusive camera among all the other bs that has come out to be true. Grab the WiiU, wait for awhile after this gen rolls along, then get a PS4 to avoid the abuses. Plus MS is 2 for 2 in horrible hardware quality, not that Sony is much nicer off at 2/3 excluding 'slim' re-releases.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If you like your 360 games and have a lot of them then I'd say just get another 360 for right now and get a Wii U later. There's nothing coming out anytime soon that makes the Wii U a must have console right now. As soon as Super Smash Bros and X come out, I'd say get one then.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post

If you prefer Nintendo's games get a Wii U. If you prefer Microsoft's games get a new 360 slim. If you enjoy a majority of third party games than get a new 360 slim. There are future third party titles that are not only skipping the Wii U in favor of the XB1 and PS4 but also titles that are skipping the Wii U in favor of the 360 and PS3(and in some cases skipping the Wii U in favor of all four of those systems, like Destiny). Wii U really doesn't have anything going for it at the moment. Plus you already have a collection of 360 games. The choice is pretty clear: get a new 360 slim. You can always grab a cheap Wii U later down the road.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Well to me the choice is clear. Gaming system versus all in one media center DRM box with a required internet connection so your games will even fire up and an obtrusive camera among all the other bs that has come out to be true. Grab the WiiU, wait for awhile after this gen rolls along, then get a PS4 to avoid the abuses. Plus MS is 2 for 2 in horrible hardware quality, not that Sony is much nicer off at 2/3 excluding 'slim' re-releases.
    He wasn't talking about the Xbone.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    The Wii U is a dead-man walking. 3rd party publishers have pretty much cut the line on the console and even ports from the current consoles don't appear to be happening. I'd suggest saving your money and buying a PS4 in the fall.
    If the Wii U is a dead man walking 360 is on its death bed. Once the PS4 and Xbone come out, releases are gonna slow to a trickle that makes Wii U releases look plentiful, and most of those will be annual sports updates (which will be shoddy ports of Xbone/PS4 versions with bad graphics and missing features).

And if your Elite is still working, definitely don't be in a hurry to get a replacement 360, they'll probably be cheaper after the new systems come out. If you couldn't get it running again after your RROD (or it breaks again and is unfixable) that would be another matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It all boils down to how you enjoy your games.

Have you usually got a handful of consoles up and running, switching between them depending on what you want to play, or do you only have a single console out at a time? Because if you only have a single one out at a time, you might be better sticking to the Xbox 360 for the moment. But if you have, or don't mind having, several consoles hooked up at the same time, go for the Wii U. You'll have access to more games, including ones that you won't see on your Xbox 360, and it's a slightly different gaming experience due to the unorthodox controllers and extra screen.

Think of it as sitting in a square room with one window in each wall. You can only see out of one window, and that one is marked Xbox 360. The other windows have thick curtains in front of them that can't be touched. It might be a bit of wind noises coming through a crack in the one window, but you can see out of it just fine. Buying another Xbox 360 will fix that small crack. But buying a Wii U will let you see through the window to the left of you, in addition to the one you've been staring out for a while now - even if you can still hear the wind from outside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    If the Wii U is a dead man walking 360 is on its death bed. Once the PS4 and Xbone come out, releases are gonna slow to a trickle that makes Wii U releases look plentiful, and most of those will be annual sports updates (which will be shoddy ports of Xbone/PS4 versions with bad graphics and missing features).
    That didn't happen with the PS2, after the PS3 came out. Sony was still publishing PS2 titles like Rogue Galaxy, Final Fantasy XII and Ratchet & Clank well after the PS3 was available.

MS and 3rd party publishers aren't going to cut ties with the 360's 77 million userbase just because Xbone and PS4 have arrived. Games are still selling very well on these consoles and they aren't going to have a sudden drop like the Wii did.

And if your Elite is still working, definitely don't be in a hurry to get a replacement 360, they'll probably be cheaper after the new systems come out. If you couldn't get it running again after your RROD (or it breaks again and is unfixable) that would be another matter.
    He might as well get trade value while the console is still functioning. He could get at least $50 in credit, to offset the current price of the newest 360. The 360 probably won't drop below $250 until maybe the middle of 2014.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 06-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I like the ps4 recommendation which is likely what I will be doing as well. However given this question I'd go with a wii u it may sit on occassion with lack of third party titles but its worth it for the nintendo titles and if its anything like wii and your like me it will get plenty of play from those titles

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

You said your "fixed" 360 is still working, right? Well, why would you replace it then? Used 360's are going to be super cheap after Christmas, and your existing 360 might last long enough to see a Wii U price drop.

I vote wait. You'll very likely save yourself some money.

--Zero