I recently got a N64 from a flea market for $6 dollars with the power cord. The reset button was jammed down and I didn't realize it in till driving home.

Any way not wanting to spend the $8-$10 bucks for the pair of bits to use one time I started thinking. I remember people casting molds for screws on something gaming related or something else online I can't remember. I had few dozen old pens that were dried up and no good so I took the skinny ends and melted them down over top of the security bits.

It took me like twenty minutes to get a cast good enough to take out the first 2 screws then my cast got messed up. I made another cast which came out much better and got the remaining four security bits out in about five to ten minutes.

Somehow it did zero cosmetic damage to the N64. There was a small nic on the N64 when I got it and I made a tiny mark when I tried putting needle nose pliers into the security bit hole. The mark is very small that it's literally a joke.

I just got done doing a cast for the smaller security buts to clean the jumper pack which is the same size as the game carts. This time it took me about 30 minutes to get a cast good enough to take the two screws out.

Now I just replace them with Philips screws and I'm good to go. It takes a little extra time and effort but I think it was better then buying the bits to use one time and who knows when again.

Not to mention buying the bits didn't guarantee me I'd get the system to work.

If I had a tripod I would do a video. It's too hard to work one handed with a tablet recording.