Thread: Flipull

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flipull

Has anyone here tried out this title? It's a Famicom puzzle game that should have made it to the States. The gameplay is seriously addictive, and all of the in-game text is in English.

I would definitely recommend trying it if you haven't already.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flipull's like... Pooyan meets Zoop, for what little good a description like that could be. Awfully neat game, it was one of my favourites on an NES multicart my uncle had back in the day. The mechanics are unique, the blobby protagonist is undeniably charming, and the music & sound effects are rather well done. While you're right that the game remained a Famicom exclusive on console, a very playable (though significantly downsized) Game Boy port did see release in North America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

It's on the US Taito Legends 2 (as well as the Japanese collections) collection as well as on the Gameboy original here in the states, and yes it is fun. I usually get a few levels in before I run out of retries, and the timer never seems to rush me too much. But my guess is in later levels time gets really tight while you're trying to match up tiles to meet the goal of however many blocks the level wants you to try and finish with. All the versions I have listed I do own, the FC version I do not have yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

excellent game, always played it during my train rides in the mid 90s on GB

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    The DudeGuyMan

Sorry to drudge up this old topic, but I'm working on my review of the Game Boy version of this game for my website, and because I only have the cart, and have not been able to find any manual scans online, I'm wondering if anyone knows how many levels are in the GB version, whether it's 60 like the original arcade game (which was released under the name "Plotting"), or if it's a different number of stages. I've not found a LP on YouTube that has a complete playthrough, nor any comprehensive reviews that mention it. The one FAQ on GameFAQs doesn't list the number of levels either. Does anyone know how many levels the game actually has? Anyone with a manual that could maybe verify that?
    Twitter Facebook YouTube Tumblr My personal blog
    Game Boy Guru project - I'm attempting to collect, play, & review every North American Game Boy release!